SSR Room Request

hill6

DIS Veteran
Just bought DVC last week when we were at Kidani and we are going for Nov 8-13. :dance3:

We are booked for four nights at a SSR Studio. What is the best section to stay at and why?

Not 100% sure if we will have rental car for our entire trip or rent at the end when we will be heading to South Florida.

Thanks in advance.

Not knowing what you like, it's pretty hard to make a recommendation. After several stays at all of the resorts, you will develop your resort plus and minus list and decide which resort(s) are you favorite. You will also learn which are easy to book at 7 months and which ones aren't.

Share some info on what you are looking for at SSR so we can point you in the right direction.

:earsboy: Bill

If you want to be close to the center of things request The Springs section. Close to the main pool, restaurants, store, check in, etc. The only real downside is that it's the last bus stop at the resort before leaving for the parks. Not been an issue in the past for us though.

I found a good map of the property and I am thinking to ask for the Springs area.

It seems like some of the other areas are pretty remote. Even the outer edges of Congress Park and Grandstand seem pretty remote.

We had a room in the Paddock overlooking the pool and loved the location. It is right by the bus stop. It was about a 10 minute slow paced walk to the main house. Although, we enjoyed the walk because you cross the lake and get to see all of the wildlife. The Paddock pool was wonderful!!! I would not hesitate to stay in that section again.

We have stayed at SSR twice and enjoyed it very much. Once by the Paddock pool and loved that area! The pool was great and the walk to the main area was less than 10 min and a very pretty path. Lots of wildlife, but one time a snake crossed our path! I wasn't nearly as thrilled about that one as my DD and DS ;)

DH and I did an adult only weekend and stayed in one the furthest building in the Grandstand. Walk to the main house was still less than 10 min and I really liked the view of the golf course and the THV from there.

We have another stay coming up next month and I have requested the Springs or "near pool". I am looking forward to seeing where we end up!

We have stayed at SSR twice and enjoyed it very much. Once by the Paddock pool and loved that area! The pool was great and the walk to the main area was less than 10 min and a very pretty path. Lots of wildlife, but one time a snake crossed our path! I wasn't nearly as thrilled about that one as my DD and DS ;)

DH and I did an adult only weekend and stayed in one the furthest building in the Grandstand. Walk to the main house was still less than 10 min and I really liked the view of the golf course and the THV from there.

We have another stay coming up next month and I have requested the Springs or "near pool". I am looking forward to seeing where we end up!

Thanks for the info. We just stayed at Kidani and it we were at the furthest elevator away from that lobby and it was almost shorter for us to walk to Jambo. I think I want us to be a bit closer to the center on this trip.

We prefer the Paddock as well. We don't like the Springs because it is the last bus stop and adding five minutes on to your walk time in the whole scheme of things to be in another area is so minimal.

We prefer the Paddock as well. We don't like the Springs because it is the last bus stop and adding five minutes on to your walk time in the whole scheme of things to be in another area is so minimal.

Being the last bus stop is a double edged sword as then you don't have to stop at all the other bus stops before heading to a park, but when you return you are the last stop (or get off at first one and walk back if it is not real far).

I think I want to be a little more centered on things this trip.

Now if a room would open up for November 8th I would be a lot happier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter