Stalking vs. Waitlist - Stalking Wins Again

I waitlisted and stalked via ****** 3 days over wine and dine marathon.

I got notification about the opening from ******, but couldn’t address it as I was on a work call.

An hour later I agonizingly checked and it was still available! My waitlist hasn’t matched so I reserved it and canceled the waitlist.

Worth the ****** pro price to me. Now I know I can purchase tickets for the run with confidence.

what is this app? I have searched on iTunes and can't find this...I've seen several people mention it. Or, is this an "app that shall not be named" situation?

I didn’t stalk, told myself if the WL came through it was meant to be and if it didn’t, who cares I’m going to Disney!

But anyway, my PVB WL came through for 5 nights in April!!

It is really not an App, it is a web site. Some people seem to have had luck with it. I have been reluctant to provide them my personal information.

what is this app? I have searched on iTunes and can't find this...I've seen several people mention it. Or, is this an "app that shall not be named" situation?

Yep, it’s a website, that’s the name of it.

I had 2 WL's going and used ****** to stalk the other option I wanted since we are limited to 2 WL's. I had a 1-bedroom P/G view booked at BWV for one of the nights for Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios. I put a 1-bedroom boardwalk view and a 2-bedroom standard view on the WL because I thought the 1-bedroom boardwalk view was the most likely to come through. The 2-bedroom standard view was only 2 more points for the night, so I thought, why not?!? Well, ****** alerted me that the standard view 1-bedroom became available, so I booked it with the two browser method because I didn't want to lose both rooms. In all fairness to the WL system, I did not have the standard view 1-bedroom wait listed. This is a win for stalking, but I can't say the WL lost it in this particular scenario. I can say that stalking worked though! :)

I just had a really positive waitlist experience and wanted to give a shout out to MS. After waitlisting the one night I needed to add to an existing reservation, I booked something else for that night and a couple pre-nights just to be sure I had options if we come down a day or 2 earlier. Both at my home resort AKV for January marathon week 2019. MS called and left me a voicemail explaining that my WL had come through but they weren't sure if I wanted both reservations. I had 3 days to give them a call back or they would give the WL to the next person in line. I was super pleased because I did end up deciding to modify both reservations and it was a quick phone call to get it all squared away.

waitlist won for me. I was stalking like crazy and also had the dvc app stalking and it never even showed up on either but my waitlist came through. It was only for 1 night for November 2nd. I've had it waitlisted for a month.

Waitlist just came through for me today. I have been waiting on a 1 bedroom at CCV in October (the 4th) for about three weeks now. One day was missing smack dab in the middle of our trip. I have been stalking the RAT everyday, several times a day and nothing. So glad I don’t have to switch rooms now.

Chalk up another waitlist win for me. I just had a Poly lake view room for one night mid-August fill after only a few weeks on the waitlist. I've been obsessively watching the RAT with no sign of a Lake View studio available. Sure enough, the waitlist disappeared from my Dashboard this afternoon, and I called MS right away to complete the process.

Another win for stalking. Princess wkend & I booked late, so had to take a 2 night package at Pop. I needed 2 more nights so started stalking.

Started with a standard studio at AKV Jambo (nice find & it was just sitting there!) & 1bd std at AKV Kidani. I was ok with that. At least I wouldn’t have to move far!

Kept stalking and modified the 1bd to a PVB lake view for less points & waitlisted the other night for PVB! Then this wkend I saw another standard studio at Jambo, but I didn’t want to let the Poly go! Starting regretting it almost immediately lol!

Sitting here just now stalking & there was my night, just sitting there!! I know how hard studios are to get for RDis wkends & the 2 wks stalking was worth it.

I usually have nothing good to say about Disney tech, but I love the modify feature! Both times I had to shift points and borrow & it worked perfectly from my phone.

Super excited about my first Poly stay.

Another win for stalking. Princess wkend & I booked late, so had to take a 2 night package at Pop. I needed 2 more nights so started stalking.

Started with a standard studio at AKV Jambo (nice find & it was just sitting there!) & 1bd std at AKV Kidani. I was ok with that. At least I wouldn’t have to move far!

Kept stalking and modified the 1bd to a PVB lake view for less points & waitlisted the other night for PVB! Then this wkend I saw another standard studio at Jambo, but I didn’t want to let the Poly go! Starting regretting it almost immediately lol!

Sitting here just now stalking & there was my night, just sitting there!! I know how hard studios are to get for RDis wkends & the 2 wks stalking was worth it.

I usually have nothing good to say about Disney tech, but I love the modify feature! Both times I had to shift points and borrow & it worked perfectly from my phone.

Super excited about my first Poly stay.

I'm also WL/stalking for Princess weekend :-) I have BWV (home resort) booked for 5 nights, but then decided last week we'd like to change the last 3 to Poly. I picked up 2 nights with only a little stalking, but the middle night has proven harder to get. I'm so close because that night is available for Lake view right now! (but my other 2 nights are Standard)

Last edited:
Stalking vs. WL
Stalking won for me

I came back from Disney in September and we (my mom and dd-24) decided to go back in January before my dd goes back to school.

End of September, I was able to first book January 5-12 in a SSR Standard View Studio. WL, Preferred View Studio and Poly Studio.
Decided to add January 4, so WL it and took off Poly Studio. Stalked for a week, non stop and was able to get January 4 in a standard studio.
So, January 4-5 (I stalked and got it) and canceled my WL. So now have a ressie booked for January 4-5 then January 5-12 in a standard studio at SSR.
I really wanted to overlook DTD and stalked ALL.DAY and found a full week come up for January 5-12 in a Preferred Studio at SSR and kept January 4 standard since it wasn't available. WL the day for Preferred View and by the end of the day or the following day, I was able to get it by stalking and canceled my WL for the one day.
Then had a WL for Poly Studio and SSR One Bedroom Preferred View.

However, I really want to overlook DTD and we thought having a one bedroom may work better with a fridge and washer/dryer so last week, I refreshed ALL day. I would go in to work, get on my emails and then open up DVC in another browser and just hit refresh ALL day. ALL DAY. Then, last Thursday, I decided to take my ipad to work and did that while we were sitting around at lunch and that actually is when I was able to get my first one bedroom, but standard view. Then about 4:30 pm before I shut down at work, I saw full availability for my category, SSR one bedroom preferred view. I tried to modify my standard one bedroom ressie but it kept saying not available. I tried a different browser and still saw all the dates. Left work, went to gym and came home and showered. Still saw both one bedroom categories available but still couldn't get it.

Sat on my couch with ipad and kept refreshing and it went through, got my confirmation email and its confirmed on MDE and DVC. Went and canceled my WL.

The most hardest dates to get are/were Fridays January 4 and January 11 (end of New Years and then Marathon weekend begins). When I looked after getting my ressie those Fridays are gone again.

My stalking the week should have went to someone on the WL before me or should have went to me before being put up for grabs but I'm so happy I made it work.
Going to sit and keep trying while home watching TV or when a work to see if I can get a monorail resort and know my chances are extremely slim, but I have seen a two bedroom Lake View open at GF (didn't have enough points) and a studio a while ago for 6 nights at BLT, so maybe closer to 60 day mark, I'll see more cancellations.

Good luck to all both WL and Stalking!

I'm also WL/stalking for Princess weekend :-) I have BWV (home resort) booked for 5 nights, but then decided last week we'd like to change the last 3 to Poly. I picked up 2 nights with only a little stalking, but the middle night has proven harder to get. I'm so close because that night is available for Lake view right now! (but my other 2 nights are Standard)
Fingers crossed for you! I only ever saw AKV standard & savannah & the PVB LV in 2 wks stalking the night of the 22nd.

Fingers crossed for you! I only ever saw AKV standard & savannah & the PVB LV in 2 wks stalking the night of the 22nd.

Thanks!! I was actually checking the RAT randomly and when I saw PVB Std for the 23rd, I thought hmm maybe this is possible :-) Soon after I saw the 25th pop up (which isn't even in my original BWV reservation, but we may stay an extra day). So it's just the 24th that I need! I even saw a BCV studio pop up for the 23-25th, so anything is possible!

But a few nights ago I had a dream about the RAT and mistakenly cancelling a trip off my dashboard... I think I'm pressing refresh too many times hahaha.

Thanks!! I was actually checking the RAT randomly and when I saw PVB Std for the 23rd, I thought hmm maybe this is possible :-) Soon after I saw the 25th pop up (which isn't even in my original BWV reservation, but we may stay an extra day). So it's just the 24th that I need! I even saw a BCV studio pop up for the 23-25th, so anything is possible!

But a few nights ago I had a dream about the RAT and mistakenly cancelling a trip off my dashboard... I think I'm pressing refresh too many times hahaha.
OMG I had a RAT dream the other night too!

OMG I had a RAT dream the other night too!

OMG I was having a dream too about the RAT and that I was just sitting and hitting refresh. It was so real. Oh my, we really all are crazy

Hi there! I'm a new DVC owner and just booked my first stay on my own through the website at Poly for May 9-15. I'm actually planning to arrive on May 8, so I waitlisted May 8 at Poly since that one day is unavailable, but I'm not sure of the best way to go about booking if it comes available. Is it better to waitlist just the one night, or the entire week? Also, if it does become available, and I book the one night, will I then have two reservation numbers? Is there a way to merge them into one reservation without losing the nights?
I've gotten pretty adept so far at stalking the website but want to make sure I'm going about this the best way :)

Hi there! I'm a new DVC owner and just booked my first stay on my own through the website at Poly for May 9-15. I'm actually planning to arrive on May 8, so I waitlisted May 8 at Poly since that one day is unavailable, but I'm not sure of the best way to go about booking if it comes available. Is it better to waitlist just the one night, or the entire week? Also, if it does become available, and I book the one night, will I then have two reservation numbers? Is there a way to merge them into one reservation without losing the nights?
I've gotten pretty adept so far at stalking the website but want to make sure I'm going about this the best way :)

You already have the majority of your stay so you want to just keep the single night waitlisted.

If it fills there's a decent chance MS will merge it with your existing reservation. If they don't then you can call in to have it merged with your other one.

You already have the majority of your stay so you want to just keep the single night waitlisted.

If it fills there's a decent chance MS will merge it with your existing reservation. If they don't then you can call in to have it merged with your other one.
Perfect! That's what I'm hoping someone would say. Thanks!

Stalking wins for me. Needed one night at BLT so we didn't have to move 4 times in 8 nights and on our last night of vacation - flights were so much cheaper so we added a day to our trip. Veterans Day weekend - so I wasn't hopeful. Had a room held at Saratoga just in case. I've been checking every day - this morning the room I needed opened up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter