Stalking vs. Waitlist - Stalking Wins Again

I need some pixie dust...because of Irma we had to change all of our plans. We originally did everything right and booked at the 11 month window. Now with a month away I'm trying to get any room that will sleep 5 for Sunday November 5th. Yes, marathon weekend/jersey week. I haven't bought airfare home either while I wait to see if I can get something. I stalked and managed a 1 bedroom at Bwv for Saturday, now need Sunday. This is for a short stay after my rebooked Disney cruise. I stalk about every hour, glad I'm retired. I have 2 waitlist right now. One to match the Bwv garden view 1 bedroom, and another for 1 bedroom at OKW. I'm ready to cut the trip short after Saturday but the rest of the family is holding out for a few more days.

Did your wait list come through?

I am piecing together a night by night stay for February, and have an app that notified me on Saturday of one night that's been booked solid since 11 months to the day. I tried to grab it on my phone while we were out and couldn't book it from my phone. Then it went "unavailable" again until we got home and I was able to book it from my laptop. I am pretty sure it had disappeared from my waitlist already, but I didn't have to call MS to match it, and I was able to book it. Now I am *really* wondering what happens when rooms come available and they are supposed to be matched to waitlists. Still have 2-3 nights to go for this trip...

I've been stalking for weeks now for December...no such luck. I can get one night here or there...and then nothing...and I only need 4 nights.

Of course, I can't even book rooms via the regular Disney website for that same timeframe. Ugh...do you think some of these Pop Warner rooms will be released at all?

Waitlist worked for me for December...

We own at BWV and in April I was able to book Dec 10-12 in a boardwalk view studio and Dec 12-14 in a standard view studio. I waitlisted the nights of the 10th and 11th together for the standard view and just the night of the 11th.

In August the night of the 11th matched my waitlist...so I the added a waitlist for the night of the 10th...today that waitlist matched also.

I looked for thoses nights numerious times a day since April and never saw them...so for me the waitlist success for me

I am piecing together a night by night stay for February, and have an app that notified me on Saturday of one night that's been booked solid since 11 months to the day. I tried to grab it on my phone while we were out and couldn't book it from my phone. Then it went "unavailable" again until we got home and I was able to book it from my laptop. I am pretty sure it had disappeared from my waitlist already, but I didn't have to call MS to match it, and I was able to book it. Now I am *really* wondering what happens when rooms come available and they are supposed to be matched to waitlists. Still have 2-3 nights to go for this trip...

Yes, my waitlist came through exactly 31 days out. I ended up booking a 1 bedroom at SSR through stalking for 2 nights, but still needed a 1 bedroom that would sleep 5. So added waitlist for a 1 br for kidani and still had my waitlist for okw. To my surprise the kidani one came through. I truely didn't expect it at all and thought we'd be squeezing into the 1 bedroom with us having our 12 year old granddaughter in the king bed with us. With it being marathon weekend I really had no faith in he 2 night waitlist, but got it and was thrilled, plus the extra bathroom will help out. We leave tomorrow for our 3 week trip!

Here was my experience yesterday and today. I have been working to move a room from Kidani over to Jambo plus I'd like to get 1 more room at Jambo house - all studios - all 7 month bookings. End result is to have 3 rooms at Jambo and I had one total. As of yesterday morning I was missing 1 night - a Saturday to finish the 2nd studio. Last night I noticed the waitlist was no longer on my Dashboard. I went to look at the RAT and noticed that the same Saturday night was now showing available plus one of the other nights I need so I booked both of those. I adjusted that waitlist down to the 1 night I need to finish the 3rd room. I did not cancel my waitlist that I felt had filled (because it was gone from the dashboard) as I still needed that Saturday night for the 2nd studio. Called this morning, the CM confirmed it had matched and finished my reservation of the 2nd studio.

So - there were two rooms that opened up at the same time. My waitlist matched one and I booked the 2nd one on my own. It had been a month since that night had showed any availability.

A waitlist for a 2 bedroom at BLT theme park view for dec 16-19 just came through for me. I've been lucky and had a few waitlists come through for me. I just booked a trip for Feb and the only thing available was SSR, so I'll probably setup a waitlist for this and start stalking as well.

I understand the waitlist system is not designed to look for "swaps" - ie - I currently have a seven day one bedroom boardwalk view villa, and was hoping to change to a studio villa for the same time period. My understanding is that the waitlist isn't designed to look for someone who might have a current reservation in a studio villa who is waitlisted for the same dates and room type that I currently have, so we can swap reservations. If I call, would they be able to search the waitlist to see if such a swap was available?

I understand the waitlist system is not designed to look for "swaps" - ie - I currently have a seven day one bedroom boardwalk view villa, and was hoping to change to a studio villa for the same time period. My understanding is that the waitlist isn't designed to look for someone who might have a current reservation in a studio villa who is waitlisted for the same dates and room type that I currently have, so we can swap reservations. If I call, would they be able to search the waitlist to see if such a swap was available?

No, they will not do that.

Wanted to report a win for the waitlist! Scored the 1 bedroom std view at BWV I was looking for in early December :)

Congratulations! I was just reviewing the RAT for our trip, and nothing. :( Considering I put in a waitlist at the 11month window, I am a bit sad. I think it is highly unlikely to come up now, as I looked on the main WDW website and can't even book a paid room for the same time! Oh well, at least we still have something booked :thumbsup2

Congratulations! I was just reviewing the RAT for our trip, and nothing. :( Considering I put in a waitlist at the 11month window, I am a bit sad. I think it is highly unlikely to come up now, as I looked on the main WDW website and can't even book a paid room for the same time! Oh well, at least we still have something booked :thumbsup2
I hope you get some pixie dust your way! You never know! My waitlist was only for 1 night, which I suspect really helped out. Glad you have a back up!

I hope you get some pixie dust your way! You never know! My waitlist was only for 1 night, which I suspect really helped out. Glad you have a back up!
Thank you! Truth be told I already had some stalking pixie dust. I tried to get 4nights, ST TPV at BLT at 11m, but it was already gone, so I snagged 2nights, 1BR LV that was available. Put in waitlist for original as soon as 1BR was booked, but nothing yet. Since stalking, I have been able to get the other 2 nights in 1BR LV, so our original time frame at BLT is now covered. We just would have preferred the ST TPV over the 1BR, but hey, at least it's something, and we still get NYE access to TOTWL, so can't complain too much :thumbsup2

I stalk daily, this morning I noticed that my waitlist request was removed from my dashboard (but my point status remained the same). I called and was told that the waitlist was matched. I guess someone hit the cancel reservation button during the overnight. Gotta admit, this is like the third time a waitlist has come thru.

Thank you! Truth be told I already had some stalking pixie dust. I tried to get 4nights, ST TPV at BLT at 11m, but it was already gone, so I snagged 2nights, 1BR LV that was available. Put in waitlist for original as soon as 1BR was booked, but nothing yet. Since stalking, I have been able to get the other 2 nights in 1BR LV, so our original time frame at BLT is now covered. We just would have preferred the ST TPV over the 1BR, but hey, at least it's something, and we still get NYE access to TOTWL, so can't complain too much :thumbsup2
BLT at New Years sounds divine no matter what!

I know this is about waitlist fails, but I had a win today!

Our flights changed about 3 weeks ago for our Feb 2018 trip. I needed to add Sunday night (originally landing on Monday around noon). We’re staying at Jambo in a Standard Studio.

I booked an SSR Preferred Studio because that was all that was available when I first looked.

I’ve been stalking and switched SSR to OKW (if we’re getting there at 10pm, I don’t care to spend more points than needed). I saw a BLT and a Poly Studio come up during stalking.

Finally, yesterday when we were out, I saw a Jambo Savannah Studio.. we decided to just book that because we’d at least be in the same hotel and just move to a new room on Monday afternoon.

This afternoon, I got an email about our upcoming one night stay, saw Jambo listed and wondered why it took them a whole day to email me about the switch I made yesterday—until I looked and it said 13 points. The waitlist snagged us our standard studio!

Here’s hoping to not needing to change rooms!

Update: They automatically combined it with the rest of our stay, so looks like I won’t even have to call MS to get them linked.

Last edited:
I know this is about waitlist fails, but I had a win today!

Our flights changed about 3 weeks ago for our Feb 2018 trip. I needed to add Sunday night (originally landing on Monday around noon). We’re staying at Jambo in a Standard Studio.

I booked an SSR Preferred Studio because that was all that was available when I first looked.

I’ve been stalking and switched SSR to OKW (if we’re getting there at 10pm, I don’t care to spend more points than needed). I saw a BLT and a Poly Studio come up during stalking.

Finally, yesterday when we were out, I saw a Jambo Savannah Studio.. we decided to just book that because we’d at least be in the same hotel and just move to a new room on Monday afternoon.

This afternoon, I got an email about our upcoming one night stay, saw Jambo listed and wondered why it took them a whole day to email me about the switch I made yesterday—until I looked and it said 13 points. The waitlist snagged us our standard studio!

Here’s hoping to not needing to change rooms!

That's great to hear! Especially as you got to save points, not spend more! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I've been stalking several times a day - no luck - this morning I noticed my WL disappeared! Called MS and it was a match!!!! Yeah. This is the 2nd time I've gotten a WL - both were for just one night.

So when you’re seeing the WL drop off your dashboards, is it still showing up in the waitlist section under “Active”?

This morning I called MS to see about cash res for the two nights missing in the middle of my April trip, as a backup because I had those days waitlisted. While on the phone the CM noticed the WLs had been matched, so that was a surprise. If one of the nights matched when it dropped off my dashboard, that was a couple of weeks ago and the second night a few days ago I think. Hmmmm. When would they have gotten around to confirming the nights if I hadn’t called??? I thought since the WL was still showing up in “active” that there was no match yet.

Anyway, WL won this one because I have been stalking several times a day.

2 days ago the last night I needed for April dropped off the Dashboard. I just called today to get it confirmed and merged with the other dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter