Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Atmosphere/Entertainment/Interactivity

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Entertainment and Interactivity

This thread is all about the what is happening within Black Spire Outpost including entertainment such as the Cantina band, characters wandering about, or game play through the Play Disney Parks app.

Star Wars Language

• Bright Suns - Good Day
  • Rising Moons - Good Evening
  • Till the Spire - Till we meet again or Goodbye
  • Good Run - Good Luck
  • On Planet - In the land
  • Refresher - Bathroom
  • Hydrator - Water fountain
  • Ignite the Spark - Greeting for the Resistance
  • Light the Fire - Resistance callback to Ignite the Spark
  • Only the Ancients know - I don't know
  • Good Journey - An Informal Goodbye
  • May the Spires Keep You - A Formal Goodbye

Entertainment

Characters in the land

Hondo Ohnaka - Will appear in Smugglers Run and plays the role of your guide through the experience. There is a Hondo animatronic.

star-wars-land-galaxys-edge-concept-10-jpg.373024

Dok-Ondar - Has a shop called Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities

star-wars-land-galaxys-edge-concept-8-jpg.373025

Oga Garra - Oga is a powerful business owner on Batuu. While she has garnered a lot of power as a crime boss of Black Spire Outpost she actually is rarely seen.

The Gatherers - Gatherers believe in ways of the force. These men and women are trying to restore balance in the galaxy by passing on ancient knowledge. They help guests build their very own lightsaber.

Vi Moradi - As a spy for the Resistance Vi Moradi has stopped by Batuu to scout of Batuu as a potential Resistance recruiting station. Vi Moradi is working as hard as she can stay ahead of the First Order.

Kylo Ren - You may have already met Kylo Ren at Star Wars Launch Bay, but if you haven't or curious to meet him on Batuu you will have the chance! Kylo Ren has stopped by Batuu to destroy the rising Resistance forces who have gathered there.

Rey - Rey is on Batuu to recruit new supporters of the Resistance. She came here sometime after the Battle of Crait, and is desperately looking for help in the Outer Rim.

Zabaka - Zabaka is flying alien species known as Toydarian. You may recognize her species from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. While you can't directly see Zabaka you will see her silhouette through her workshop window.

Convor - Convor are gold and brown plumed birds that are considered pets in the galaxy. This bird species was first seen in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Dianoga - Tentacled species from the trash compactor in Star Wars: A New Hope. On Batuu the eye of a dianoga pokes in and out of a water tank at Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities. This dianoga is known as Tiny among the locals. Dok-Ondar is also raising a juvenile dianoga known as Toothy.

Dokma - Dokma is a shy creature with a protective shell with two eyestalks, similar to a snail. Dokma is found in Star Wars Rebels.

Felucian Fireflies - are colorful glowing creatures that are native to humid jungle planet Felucia.

Fyrnock - species that hides for their own safety. They are the size of a small humanoid that is a fierce predator. These show up in Star Wars Rebels.

Loth-cat - Native to the planet Lothal, this feline creature typically hunts rodents in the grassy plains of its home planet. At the creature stall you'll see a loth-cat's tail gently swaying back and forth as it sleeps.

Kowakian Monkey Lizard - This reptilian creature is probably most recognized for being Jabba the Hutt's pet. Turns out this species is a pet to many of the galaxy's underworld.

Momong - This primate species typically lives in trees but at the creature stall you'll see one stuck in a cage hanging in the creature stall. This creature is known from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Mynock - You may spot a Mynock in Oga's tanks. These bat like parasites chew on power cables and energy conductors of starships.

Ollopom - Often mistaken for a plant this rodent is typically found in the Gungan Swamps of Naboo.

Profrogg - You’ll see a taxidermic Profrogg in Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. This rodent creature with horns, a snout, and claws typically builds burrowing tunnels underground known as “towns.”

Puffer Pig - The Puffer Pig species are a critical resource for smugglers as they can sniff for valuable minerals. Then a Puffer Pig gets scared they inflate. You see the eyes and hear the snorts of a Puffer Pig in the Creature Stall.

Sarlacc - Sarlacc are an extremely dangerous carnivore species who can grow to be 100 meters long. You might remember this as the species that ate Boba Fett in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. A baby sarlacc can be seen in a tank at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities.

Swamp Slug - Swamp Slug have thousands of teeth and can crush most plants and animals in its mouth. This native species typically live in the bogs of Dagobah. You might spot one in Oga’s Cantina if you look closely.

Wampa - Dok-Ondar must really love taxidermy. A large white and furry taxidermic wampa in his collection at his Den of Antiquities. Wampa are native to the ice planet Hoth and are most widely recognized from their appearance in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Womp Rat - Guests can also find a taxidermic womp rat at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. Luke Skywalker mentioned that this rodent creature is much larger than two meters in Star Wars: A New Hope.

Worrt - Worrt are typically found in the sand dunes of Tatooine looking for rodents and insects that it can grab with its long tongue. This creature can be seen in one of the tanks in Oga’s Cantina.

8D-J8 - 8D-J8 was formerly a smelter droid but has been reprogrammed to cook the meats at Ronto Roasters.

R5-P8 - R5-P8 is an automated repair mechanic with sass. This droid works as Hondo’s astromech on many smuggler’s many starships.

Star Wars ships in the land

A Wing Starfighter - located in the resistance command post

X Wing Starfighter - located in the resistance command post

First Order Tie Echelon - located at Docking Bay 9

Landspeeders - located at Black Spire Station

Millennium Falcon - located at the spaceport

Sienar-Chall Utilipede Transport - located at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo

Play Disney Parks App

As guests explore Black Spire Outpost they can use the Play Disney Parks app to learn more about the events unfolding before them and become part of the story themselves.

There are surveillance box embedded into walls around town and guests can use the app to "hack" into them by solving puzzles. Guests can choose to deactivate them for the Resistance or activate them for the First Order.

There will be markers on containers and buildings that reveal more about the story. Both rides will have these in the queues. Some labels will be encrypted and need guests to solve a puzzle. The app is also a translator as natives of the land will be speaking their own languages.

Another feature is Tuning which helps guests listening in on broadcasts between the underworld, First Order, and Resistance.

Guests never actually choose a side in Black Spire Outpost but they can help either side. Your story is dictated by the simple action you take. The Play Disney Parks app allows visitors to engage with full scale droids and take on jobs with characters. There will be points awarded for completing tasks.

Use the “hacking” feature to interact with certain door panels or droids to see their memories, or open your “scanning” tool to peek inside of cargo crates you may spot while walking around. The handy “translation” tool will help you understand Aurebesh (the written language of the Star Warsgalaxy) signs throughout Black Spire Outpost, and you can even tap into and decrypt signals from antennas or communications devices and listen to secret messages with the “tuning” feature.

Throughout Black Spire Outpost, the First Order is trying to install surveillance devices in door panels to spy on the Resistance. Use your Datapad to join in “Outpost Control,” a landwide game, and choose to support either side as they vie for a hold on the land. Winners may even find themselves rewarded with galactic credits for their efforts.

Your Star Wars adventure continues when you make your way to get in line at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. While getting ready to board the most famous ship in the galaxy, you can even take on a job for Hondo Ohnaka, the pirate turned “legitimate” businessman operating Ohnaka Transport Solutions out of Black Spire Outpost. Reroute misplaced cargo, learn how to keep your cover under pressure and prep the Falcon for your flight in this in-queue game!

Last edited:
MAXIMIZE THE MOMENT ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE

Make the most of your first—or hundredth—visit to Batuu by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the first land designed to integrate with the one-of-a-kind app, which debuted last summer and offers interactive adventures and experiences that bring surrounding environments to life at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

The app will provide new opportunities for guests to engage with the land, like translating a galactic language, learning what’s hidden inside crates and containers, or accomplishing certain tasks by participating in missions. Guests also can use the app to interact with a variety of elements, like antenna arrays, door panels, drinking fountains, droids, media screens, and ships.

I am worried about so much of it being on the app. As is I am lucky if the app works at all 50% of the time on my phone

Just worried relying so much on disney IT infrastructure

I totally agree! I understand how at Disneyland the play parks app is needed but with everyone on Disney's wifi I could see the app crashing. Plus it drains your battery significantly. I hope DHS uses both the play app and magic bands but it doesn't seem like that's going to be the case.

I am worried about so much of it being on the app. As is I am lucky if the app works at all 50% of the time on my phone

Just worried relying so much on disney IT infrastructure
Well this is the Play Disney Parks app not MDE so different set up. I do agree though that it might get overloaded with this addition. I’ve only used the Play app a couple times.

Well this is the Play Disney Parks app not MDE so different set up. I do agree though that it might get overloaded with this addition. I’ve only used the Play app a couple times.

yeah, I meant the Play App - both that and the MDE app both crash/freeze/won't work more often than they work for me

I totally agree! I understand how at Disneyland the play parks app is needed but with everyone on Disney's wifi I could see the app crashing. Plus it drains your battery significantly. I hope DHS uses both the play app and magic bands but it doesn't seem like that's going to be the case.
To initially download the play app will require WiFi, but apparently many of the interactions only require Bluetooth. That will also help with battery life!

If the rewards for earning Galaxy's Edge achievements are indeed additional FastPasses, then sign me up!

Article doesn't seem to be talking about the app...
PHOTOS: A look at the food, merch, and rides coming to STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE!
small snippet at the end of the article
Disney Play App Integration
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the first land designed to integrate with the Play Disney Parks mobile app. The app will provide opportunities to engage with the land: translating a galactic language, learning what’s hidden inside crates and containers, or accomplishing certain tasks by participating in missions.

Guests also can use the app to interact with a variety of elements, like antenna arrays, door panels, drinking fountains, droids, media screens, and ships.

small snippet at the end of the article
Disney Play App Integration
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the first land designed to integrate with the Play Disney Parks mobile app. The app will provide opportunities to engage with the land: translating a galactic language, learning what’s hidden inside crates and containers, or accomplishing certain tasks by participating in missions.

Guests also can use the app to interact with a variety of elements, like antenna arrays, door panels, drinking fountains, droids, media screens, and ships.
Article doesn't seem to be talking about the app...
PHOTOS: A look at the food, merch, and rides coming to STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE!

This photo is mainly what I was referring too.
B87FC93D-8791-4E12-BD6E-1FFECAD145A0.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!