Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

Going to Disneyland tomorrow, Tuesday Jan 28th. How early should I get there to get into Disneyland by 9am to ensure my best shot at getting a Boarding Pass for Rise of the Resistance?

Last trip we rode Star Tours and we both got nauseated Not real bad, but enough to the point we decided not to ride it again.
Do you think we should skip Millennium Falcon ?

Star Tours is the worst. Are you ok with other 4D like Flight of Passage, anything at Universal, etc? I would say that Millennium Falcon is equivalent to FoP or Jimmy Fallon in NYC.

Star Tours is the worst. Are you ok with other 4D like Flight of Passage, anything at Universal, etc? I would say that Millennium Falcon is equivalent to FoP or Jimmy Fallon in NYC.
We do fine on FOP. Haven’t rode Jimmy Fallon.

My sister, her 3 month old and I are making a trip down to DHS on 2/13 and are planning of making the trip to the park early to try and get a BG for RotR. Does anyone know how these work with child swap? Is there child swap? Can we walk the que together?
Also, depending on our BG number we might go early then head back to our resort for a few hours before making a real go of it in the park. Had anyone had any luck with that?
Any information is helpful! Thanks.

My sister, her 3 month old and I are making a trip down to DHS on 2/13 and are planning of making the trip to the park early to try and get a BG for RotR. Does anyone know how these work with child swap? Is there child swap? Can we walk the que together?
Also, depending on our BG number we might go early then head back to our resort for a few hours before making a real go of it in the park. Had anyone had any luck with that?
Any information is helpful! Thanks.
Everyone wanting to ride has to be there at park opening and get into a bg.
When your group is called go to the attraction and let the cm know you're doing child swap
The first group goes in, when they come out the swap and ther second group goes in, you cab take the person that started behind with the baby plus two people already with bg on the second ride
The baby cannot go in the queue
People have left the park and come back later with a later bg with no problem

I am going in about two weeks. I have limited time and only will be there for two days. Each day I will be visiting two parks. One day is scheduled for DHS and then Epcot later. I am traveling alone and I plan to be there at DHS for rope drop first thing. What are my chances I will be able to snag a boarding group, and then get in to standby for Smugglers and ride that while I am waiting for boarding group? The good thing is they just extended the park hours by an hour so that gives me more time in DHS before I have to move on to Epcot that day. Also, if I snag a later bg am I correct in assuming I can leave the park, head over to Epcot and return once my bg has been called?
We were just at HS over MLK weekend (busy!), we were in the park by 6:35 am for a 7:00 am opening. We were held over by Star Tours / Frozen Sing-a-long. This was the line to Rope Drop Smugglers. When the park opened at 7:00, we grabbed our boarding group, it is completely random, we got group 26, people behind us - group 17, people in front of us, group 59. Then the entire mass of people were led to Smugglers. We walked to the ride and through the queue for a solid 25 minutes. You can walk past slower moving groups, but they have it well organized. They force the line to narrow and then into 2 or 3 people wide. Once our walking was done, we were almost on the ride. Maybe waited in line 10 minutes, after the actual walk. Personally I'd rather be moving than just standing in line.

We were just at HS over MLK weekend (busy!), we were in the park by 6:35 am for a 7:00 am opening. We were held over by Star Tours / Frozen Sing-a-long. This was the line to Rope Drop Smugglers. When the park opened at 7:00, we grabbed our boarding group, it is completely random, we got group 26, people behind us - group 17, people in front of us, group 59. Then the entire mass of people were led to Smugglers. We walked to the ride and through the queue for a solid 25 minutes. You can walk past slower moving groups, but they have it well organized. They force the line to narrow and then into 2 or 3 people wide. Once our walking was done, we were almost on the ride. Maybe waited in line 10 minutes, after the actual walk. Personally I'd rather be moving than just standing in line.
As said you can walk around slower people moving just up until I'd say you get close to the Falcon, if I recall that's about where they narrow. But if you're traveling alone @DisneyGuy71 that will help even more, I found as a single person I was able to get by a lot of people just by slipping in and out and especially along the sides of the path. Once I actually got "in line," I think it was around a 15 minute wait or so? Maybe 20. Again if I recall (it was on the 6th), I think I was off the ride before 8 even rolled around and was able to get a Coke and quick washroom break before going to RotR (I was group 15 so one of the first called). I think I had both rides done....by 9? On the 6th, the park opened at 7 btw. Again I was BG 15 so super early called, but just giving an idea.

If you are in the park before opening you should have a fairly good chance of getting a BG when it opens, but please ensure 1. the My Disney Experience app is recognizing you as IN the park, and 2. Ensure you're getting good service. As for tips be sure to go to the RotR strategies thread here in the forum, it's what I used to get an idea of what works but note what works for some doesn't always for others. It just seems to be roll of the dice.

Good luck and may the Force be with you!

I've been watching the wait times on the app, and it looks like by about 30 minutes after RD, Smugglers Run has about a 120 minute wait time.
We are going to HS on Friday Feb 14th. Say we arrive by 7:30 am, get a BG for ROTR at 8:00, then as soon as I get a BG I go right away to sign my kids up for a Jedi Training slot. We then have reservations at Oga's at 8:40 am.
Question - between 8:05 ish and 8:40, will we have time to do Smugglers Run? Or do you think signing up for Jedi Training will delay us enough that the Smugglers Run line will be super long by the time we get there? I'm wondering if instead we should head over to RnRC (assuming that line will be shorter), so we make our 8:40 Oga's reservation? Then do Smugglers later in the day?
Thoughts?

I've been watching the wait times on the app, and it looks like by about 30 minutes after RD, Smugglers Run has about a 120 minute wait time.
We are going to HS on Friday Feb 14th. Say we arrive by 7:30 am, get a BG for ROTR at 8:00, then as soon as I get a BG I go right away to sign my kids up for a Jedi Training slot. We then have reservations at Oga's at 8:40 am.
Question - between 8:05 ish and 8:40, will we have time to do Smugglers Run? Or do you think signing up for Jedi Training will delay us enough that the Smugglers Run line will be super long by the time we get there? I'm wondering if instead we should head over to RnRC (assuming that line will be shorter), so we make our 8:40 Oga's reservation? Then do Smugglers later in the day?
Thoughts?
JT sign ups can wait unless you have a specific shot time in mind.
MFSR line its a walk on by the end of the night, if you can't stay until the end of ther night i would rope drop it. At rope drop even though the standard opening wait time is 60 min, it's obviously not true as there's no one in line

I've been to WDW several times and our next trip at the end of March will be for Galaxy's Edge, which we've been SO excited about. My 60 day FP window was 10 days after the Jan 19th announcement of MFSR FPs. I was logged in to MDE and began refreshing at 6:59am with the plan to get a MFSR FP first on day 60+4. MDE kept giving me an error page for FIVE minutes. By the time MDE let me in, both MFSR and SDD were gone. Clearly they were grabbed up by folks staying for more days than us and/or by those who got them between 7-7:05am. I've been reading every WDW blog, forum, and news source since to see if there's any hope of still getting a MFSR FP and it doesn't seem likely unless they extend the morning HS park hours (late March opening is currently 9am). I've been searching on MDE multiple times a day and I know to definitely check at 45 and 30 days out as well as the days before our trip, but I'm wondering if it's just wasted time and energy? I've always loved researching, hacking, and optimizing our WDW trips but have never experienced this level of challenge. I currently have all the other hard FPs including FOP, SDMT, and Frozen. I've wrapped my head around the ROTR BGs, and my plan pre-FP release was to ride MFSR during evening EMH when the predicted wait time was 30-40 min, but that plan was blown out the window with FP since the standby line will never be that short now. If HS park hours are extended and more FPs are released, I'm afraid it will happen so quickly that I'll miss it! Honestly I'm beginning to think I'd rather cancel and reschedule this trip than go in knowing we'll have to wait in line for hours to ride MFSR. Does anyone out there have any advice? Help me DISboards Friends, You're my only hope!

Last edited:
I've been to WDW several times and our next trip at the end of March will be for Galaxy's Edge, which we've been SO excited about. My 60 day FP window was 10 days after the Jan 19th release of MFSR FPs. I was logged in to MDE and began refreshing at 6:59am with the plan to get a MFSR FP first on day 60+4. MDE kept giving me an error page for FIVE minutes. By the time MDE let me in, both MFSR and SDD were gone. Clearly they were grabbed up by folks staying for more days than us and/or by those who got them between 7-7:05am. I've been reading every WDW blog, forum, and news source since to see if there's any hope of still getting a MFSR FP and it doesn't seem likely unless they extend the morning HS park hours (late March opening is currently 9am). I've been searching on MDE multiple times a day and I know to definitely check at 45 and 30 days out as well as the days before our trip, but I'm wondering if it's just wasted time and energy? I've always loved researching, hacking, and optimizing our WDW trips but have never experienced this level of challenge. I currently have all the other hard FPs including FOP, SDMT, and Frozen. I've wrapped my head around the ROTR BGs, and my plan pre-FP release was to ride MFSR during evening EMH when the predicted wait time was 30-40 min, but that plan was blown out the window with FP since the standby line will never be that short now. If HS park hours are extended and more FPs are released, I'm afraid it will happen so quickly that I'll miss it! Honestly I'm beginning to think I'd rather cancel and reschedule this trip than go in knowing we'll have to wait in line for hours to ride MFSR. Does anyone out there have any advice? Help me DISboards Friends, You're my only hope!
ps - The easiest solution would be to RD it, but it's hard for me to believe that even then standby wait times would be less than 60 min. on a busy day. Does this seem correct?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter