Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Same about RoTR. I even reserved the park on the day we fly home just in case we don't get on RotR on the day we've set aside for DHS. My husband will die if we fly all of the way from Oregon and never get to ride it.
Same here. I bought a single day of tickets last night and reserved HS for a day before we arrive at Disney when we are technically at Universal since it was the last day in the week that showed any availability. Good thing I did, since this morning that day is full too. This will give us two tries at BGs at least.

I’ve got a son who wants to make a droid on a short, 2 day trip in October. Does anyone have advice on the best timing or how to carry it around all day? Is there anywhere (guest services?) that can ‘hold‘ it and let us pick it up as we walk out? I originally planned to have him make it near closing, but I understand that ride lines are the shortest then and we really want to hit those short lines. So, I moved the reservation to 2pm while lines are longer, but I guess they are not shipping to the resort right now. My son doesn’t want to ship it straight home after making it because he wants to see how it interacts in the park for a bit. We’re staying at POP, so we could possibly run it back to the room. Otherwise, is it reasonable to take along on rides? It’s just the two of us this trip, so nobody else to hang back and hold it.

I’ve got a son who wants to make a droid on a short, 2 day trip in October. Does anyone have advice on the best timing or how to carry it around all day? Is there anywhere (guest services?) that can ‘hold‘ it and let us pick it up as we walk out? I originally planned to have him make it near closing, but I understand that ride lines are the shortest then and we really want to hit those short lines. So, I moved the reservation to 2pm while lines are longer, but I guess they are not shipping to the resort right now. My son doesn’t want to ship it straight home after making it because he wants to see how it interacts in the park for a bit. We’re staying at POP, so we could possibly run it back to the room. Otherwise, is it reasonable to take along on rides? It’s just the two of us this trip, so nobody else to hang back and hold it.

Star Tours and maybe RnR (I don’t ride that one) would be the only rides where you may have a problem. I don’t think the free cardboard carrier will fit under the seat for ST; if it doesn’t you should be able to keep it between your feet, though trying to keep something so big held in place during your travels probably wouldn’t be pleasant. Droid bags fit under most of the seats and you are made to put the bag under, even with a less stable BB unit inside. So my advice would be to do those two rides before you build the droid so you don’t have to deal with it. You definitely want to explore BSO with it. :)

Going to Disney Springs tomorrow for the annual pass preview of the ge merch.

Be curious to see what they all have.

I expect the same as the things you find at GE. Ive seen the notebooks/diaries at the emporium for weeks now

I expect the same as the things you find at GE. Ive seen the notebooks/diaries at the emporium for weeks now

Right, I just meant It'll be interesting to see what they bring over

I was hoping they'd have legacy sabers since Downtown Disney in Cali has them, but saw an article saying they won't have them

I've seen two videos today of the return of the full Savi's building experience. I was happy to see two of my favorite Kembes back!

Without spoiling, the main changes to the original experience appear to be (as expected) reduced capacity, face coverings and social distancing.

So glad to see this back!
How many per slot now?

hey @yulilin3 I need you to use your contacts inside the parks to find out if anyone has an idea when the new Ahsoka saber comes out ;):rotfl2:

I am desperate to get this one whenever it releases

Hi! Just booked the Savi Lightsaber experience for noon and we booked the Cantina for lunch at 1. Will we have enough time to complete the experience before we have to head to Oga’s? How long does it take? Thanks!:darth::chewy:

Aprilshack - the 2nd video I saw had 8 builders. It appeared - and someone said - they are leaving 1 empty station between strangers. If you have more than 1 builder in your party, you will have stations next to each other. I'm not sure if this affects how many guests at a time (groups together vs. a bunch of singles).

Sorry I can't quote on the iPad - stupid scam pop-ups!

I might have to put off purchasing my droid. Might have to put my money towards tires. So I need to save the money. I think I will buy a tiny chopper for my desk instead. Still tires are not as exciting as a droid

Anyone know if guests are allowed in Savi‘s now? My wife doesn’t want to build but she wants to watch.

Yes, guests were allowed in the Savi's videos I saw. There are spots on the floor for them to stand on behind the builders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!