Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Upcharge or Add On Events Thread

Disney Leaning Towards Selling FastPass for Rides in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, Walt Disney World

As a pure guess:

1. How long do you think Disney will charge for the SWGE FPs? Or would this be indefinitely?
2. If they are a separate fee, can we expect them to be separate from the other HS fast passes? ie: I would be able to get 3 fast passes for say Slinky Dog, Star Wars, and Runaway Railway + pay for SWGE fastpasses in the same day?

As a pure guess:

1. How long do you think Disney will charge for the SWGE FPs? Or would this be indefinitely?
2. If they are a separate fee, can we expect them to be separate from the other HS fast passes? ie: I would be able to get 3 fast passes for say Slinky Dog, Star Wars, and Runaway Railway + pay for SWGE fastpasses in the same day?
My guess is that they bundle a FP or two with something else - some other experience within the land, dinner at Brown Derby, etc. Deflects some of the stigma associated with “paid FPs” and raises the barrier to entry (a $300 pp experience as opposed to a straight $100 FP).

Last edited:
what happens when the crowds arent as big as people are expecting for Star Wars? I'm not saying that's going to happen, but its a possibility.

There is a possibility this could happen because the rate of increases over the past 5 years. We were going to do Disney next year because of Star Wars, we've opted out for a few years.
No chance....waits and crowds will be insane

As long as people are willing to pay beaucoup bucks for pre-opening visits, fastpasses, etc, soon Disney will be out-priced for so many more people. I think that's sad. And there is no end in site. Prices go up up up, people still open their wallets. The parks are still crowded. I can afford to do this stuff, but usually I choose not to. It makes me feel like I've been bent over. Yeah, I know its my choice to spend my $$$ but feel bad for the parents whose kids see the commercials and would love to go to Disney, but they just can't because of money. And I know people who spend money they don't have on these things too, its pretty stupid.

So it'll be interesting to see how they handle this in light of the fact that Smuggler's is going to be the only ride open at first, with RotR opening in phase 2. And it appears they've nixed any thought of paid FP/paid land access. I could see paying for EMM/DAH to get into the land, but with only one ride open that will create a bottleneck even for restricted access.

No chance....waits and crowds will be insane

I mean, i think you're right, but i still think there is a limit to how much money people will spend. Disney IS going to reach that number at some point. Who knows if that's a year from now, or 20 years from now.

My family of 4 loves Star Wars, our APs expire August 4th and aren't getting renewed. Because of price, we've decided to do other things in 2020, and maybe come back in 2021. We're an every year family. We aren't going to stop going, but the distance between trips will be longer.

I can afford these trips, but I've just reached the point where the value for my family personally, isnt what it used to be.

I'm following!! Love all the speculation! We are going in September - It will be hard enough to plan dining at 180 days with Food and Wine events not listed yet - NOW This!
I am SUPER excited about Galaxy's Edge - but it has heightened the planning stress :crazy2:

We have a budget in mind for what we would pay for a preview or even after-hours event (Disneyland). Might just consider a VIP guide if the cost gets too high. I could see it being worth it in this situation.

So exciting!
We have been playing with the numbers too. Hard to do without knowing pricing. One plan was CL for the purchased fp. Getting a plaid was also discussed.

So, this is interesting. The FAQ asks if there will be EMH, EMM or DAH. It specifically mentions that there *will* be EMH, but nothing about EMM or DAH. I wonder if they are simply going to have a "new," more exclusive event.

Q.

Will Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge be available in Extra Magic Hours, Disney Early Morning Magic or Disney After Hours?
A.

Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after its opening on August 29, 2019. Capacity is limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be available during Extra Magic Hours. During Extra Magic Hours Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can spend extra time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios enjoying select attractions. Details will be available at a later date on Disneyworld.com.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/resorts/star-wars-galaxys-edge-magic-morning/

I do not think there will be a paid after hours event until at least next year. With ROTR opening in phase 2, they basically have two waves of guest influx to deal with. You have to think there will be EMM for many nights after the opening to handle the demand, much like they did for Pandora.

Once the land is fully open and the initial rush has somewhat died down, that is when we will see the paid pre-opening or after hours events come online. Toy Story Land opened last May, and I think it has only been in the last month or so that they added the after hours event. Same with the AK after hours event.

Not sure yet what I would pay for an GE after hours event. I do know that our family is paying for the AK after hours event next month. We are on a short trip for the Star Wars race weekend, and the cost of the after hours event is not much more than a day ticket. We can still get into the park early enough to get the safari in, and then do all the rides we like to do multiple times without dealing with the craziness of Pandora rope drop.

If I knew I was guaranteed easy access to GE as well as other rides in DHS, I would probably be willing to shell out a couple hundred a ticket for that experience.

This is curiously phrased in the answer to this FAQ:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...wars-galaxys-edge-hotel-guaranteed-admission/

"certain hotel stays" why call out a qualifier here but not on the Vacation Package. Disney loves to have convoluted language.

"Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages or certain hotel stays do not include special provisions for, or guarantee access to, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge"

I read this as saying to guests ..sorry you will need to stay longer or a hard ticket to get in or get a fp for SWGE....just in case SWGE might get a little crowded :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!