Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Upcharge or Add On Events Thread

I think the possibility of them being paid is conqecture but the disney parks blog said they won’t have FP at first.

In the disneydish podcast the jounalist said she saw a single rider queue and location for the FastPass queue
Correct Falcon will have single rider for sure. I don't believe RotR will. Both will have FP eventually.

Well this is sad, found on Disney's Galaxy's Edge FAQ's :

Q.
Will Disney FastPass+ service be offered for the attractions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
A.
No. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, opening August 29, 2019, or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will open later this year. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great Guest experience.

Well this is sad, found on Disney's Galaxy's Edge FAQ's :

Q.
Will Disney FastPass+ service be offered for the attractions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
A.
No. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, opening August 29, 2019, or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will open later this year. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great Guest experience.
all of our pinned threads have updated info on page 1. This info came out on Thursday

I think the possibility of them being paid is conqecture but the disney parks blog said they won’t have FP at first.

In the disneydish podcast the jounalist said she saw a single rider queue and location for the FastPass queue
Yup — I know there’s no FP initially but it will be there eventually. I was commenting on the fact that I’d be shocked if they don’t have paid events at some point. Very un-Disney these days. And it’s something there is OBVIOUS demand for. They might just not offer them at opening.

I think they are going to have to some types of restrictions for access initially. It's not that big of area - and sure - they could restrict access at the entry like they have done before when lands open - but I still think they don't want a 10 hour line wrapping through a huge part of DHS waiting for entry.

I am HOPING they have an option for some type of timed entry system put in place - free for WDW resort guests only on a first-come/first serve basis any resort. I'm okay if they have a paid option, too, but I think only a paid option is against the spirit of Disney.

I think they want to avoid the wrath of guests who make a plan to visit in advance (spending lots of money on that trip) - and then can never get in during their visit at all. That would make me complain LOUDLY and to everyone I know and probably lead to a huge customer service nightmare/hit on their reputation. I don't want to pay for a plane ticket, park ticket, hotel room - on a "maybe" I will get in at all.

Maybe some type of "entry pass" you can reserve in advance good for 2-4 hours. And after that time is up - refuse service to get those folks to exit the area - kind of like the holiday parties at MK. I can think of all types of SW lingo to call this type of thing!

I think they are going to have to some types of restrictions for access initially. It's not that big of area - and sure - they could restrict access at the entry like they have done before when lands open - but I still think they don't want a 10 hour line wrapping through a huge part of DHS waiting for entry.

I am HOPING they have an option for some type of timed entry system put in place - free for WDW resort guests only on a first-come/first serve basis any resort. I'm okay if they have a paid option, too, but I think only a paid option is against the spirit of Disney.

I think they want to avoid the wrath of guests who make a plan to visit in advance (spending lots of money on that trip) - and then can never get in during their visit at all. That would make me complain LOUDLY and to everyone I know and probably lead to a huge customer service nightmare/hit on their reputation. I don't want to pay for a plane ticket, park ticket, hotel room - on a "maybe" I will get in at all.

Maybe some type of "entry pass" you can reserve in advance good for 2-4 hours. And after that time is up - refuse service to get those folks to exit the area - kind of like the holiday parties at MK. I can think of all types of SW lingo to call this type of thing!

Seems like they are not looking to do this for DHS but guess we shall see

I could see just a queue to get in the land during the day - maybe just have to wait, maybe with some sort of return time system

Then could see something like they did for Pandora with extra hours every night for resort guests - so that sort of “guarantees” access to the land for resort guests (just after hours, not during regular day)

Except they have already stated that DL *will* have an entry reservation and WDW will *not*.

As a pure guess:

1. How long do you think Disney will charge for the SWGE FPs? Or would this be indefinitely?
2. If they are a separate fee, can we expect them to be separate from the other HS fast passes? ie: I would be able to get 3 fast passes for say Slinky Dog, Star Wars, and Runaway Railway + pay for SWGE fastpasses in the same day?

Right now, Disney is being very clear that NO passes at DLR are going to be available, not until further notice.

Last edited:
As a pure guess:

2. If they are a separate fee, can we expect them to be separate from the other HS fast passes? ie: I would be able to get 3 fast passes for say Slinky Dog, Star Wars, and Runaway Railway + pay for SWGE fastpasses in the same day?

I’m personally crossing fingers for a hard “After Hours” ticket like the one we got for Toy Story Land in December (worth EVERY penny).

So, this is interesting. The FAQ asks if there will be EMH, EMM or DAH. It specifically mentions that there *will* be EMH, but nothing about EMM or DAH. I wonder if they are simply going to have a "new," more exclusive event.

Q.

Will Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge be available in Extra Magic Hours, Disney Early Morning Magic or Disney After Hours?
A.

Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after its opening on August 29, 2019. Capacity is limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be available during Extra Magic Hours. During Extra Magic Hours Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can spend extra time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios enjoying select attractions. Details will be available at a later date on Disneyworld.com.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/resorts/star-wars-galaxys-edge-magic-morning/

Whereas they’re being very clear that no “Magic Morning” hours will be available at Disneyland.

Not sure yet what I would pay for an GE after hours event. I do know that our family is paying for the after hours event at AK next month... If I knew I was guaranteed easy access to GE as well as other rides in DHS, I would probably be willing to shell out a couple hundred a ticket for that experience.

Agreed. We’re a small family of three; paying $299 or whatever (which is what early access to Pixar Pier apparently cost) is a total no-brainer. It’s going to be interesting to see how differently the lands will be rolled out at WDW versus DLR.

This is curiously phrased in the answer to this FAQ:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...wars-galaxys-edge-hotel-guaranteed-admission/

"certain hotel stays" why call out a qualifier here but not on the Vacation Package. Disney loves to have convoluted language.

Good point. At DLR, there’s only the three hotels, so all three offer a guarantee to all guests staying in one of them; at WDW, with SO many on-property hotels, it may be that they’ll tightly restrict which hotels are eligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!