Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Upcharge or Add On Events Thread

From November 8, 2019 to January 5, 2020 it is actually Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, The Star Wars show doesn’t play during the Christmas season. Not sure why they decided to update the pricing section.

Agreed. I noticed that, too, that the Jingle thing was on some of the dates. But at least there's a clear heads up about the 2020 price, in case anyone needs to save up.

Looking for 4 or 6 people to share a private VIP tour (depending on date) We are an adult group (17,21,30,31,50,51) We are looking to do HS and Epcot only because we will be doing DAH at MK and AK during our visit. Dates interested in are: January 6 or 7, 2020 need 6 more people (The 30s won’t be here yet:)), January 8, 9 or 10 need 4 more people

The cost should be $297.50 per person plus gratuity (if we have 10). Otherwise splitting cost of $2975 plus gratuity

Anyone interested?

Last edited:
If someone is planning to do a VIP Tour Jan 11 or 12, 13 . We are 2 people. Thanks

Looking for 4 or 6 people to share a private VIP tour (depending on date) We are an adult group (17,21,30,31,50,51) We are looking to do HS and Epcot only because we will be doing DAH at MK and AK during our visit. Dates interested in are: January 6 or 7, 2020 need 6 more people (The 30s won’t be here yet:)), January 8, 9 or 10 need 4 more people

The cost should be $297.50 per person plus gratuity (if we have 10). Otherwise splitting cost of $2975 plus gratuity

Anyone interested?
We would be interested in joining your tour on January 9th or 10th. The 10th would be the best for us as we would like to do Animal Kingdom After Hours on the 9th. (We could do the 8th as well but we would have to change some reservations). We are a 46 year old couple.

Last edited:
We would be interested in joining your tour on January 9th or 10th. The 10th would be the best for us as we would like to do Animal Kingdom After Hours on the 9th. (We could do the 8th as well but we would have to change some reservations). We are a 46 year old couple.
[/
Hello, I was stressing a bit about how a 7 hour tour cost more than our 3 day cruise so we decided to go the route of booking a club level room and paying for the option that allows you to pick 3 additional fast passes from any tier. Hopefully doing this for 3 days will help us see/do more Sorry that we will not be doing the tour.
Thanks for replying to my post :)

No problem. Thanks for letting me know. We did three days of club level fastpasses on our trip last September and we were able to get everything done that we wanted. I’m sure you’ll have a great time. FYI the signature service was able to book our regular fastpasses at the same time (at 90 days) so that was a nice bonus. I’m not sure if they are still doing that. Have a great trip!

Any recent thoughts on whether or not the Galactic Spectacular dessert party might be offered after the Christmas season is over? We'll be there 1/24-2/1, and my FP+ day will be on me before I know it. Disney is killing me with these late releases of special event dates! I'm down to trying to decide on the SW dessert party, or the HEA after-fireworks dessert party. We're both complete SW nerds and would much rathwer do that one, but I hate sitting around waiting too long for Disney to add dates in January for that and then possibly missing out on the MK one. And unfortunately it's either/or for budget reasons.

Anyone hear anything yet about them extending the SW dessert parties after Christmas? Hopefully even if they do, they won't completely forget there's a whole other week+ in January like they've done with the after-hours events!! :headache:

Any recent thoughts on whether or not the Galactic Spectacular dessert party might be offered after the Christmas season is over? We'll be there 1/24-2/1, and my FP+ day will be on me before I know it. Disney is killing me with these late releases of special event dates! I'm down to trying to decide on the SW dessert party, or the HEA after-fireworks dessert party. We're both complete SW nerds and would much rathwer do that one, but I hate sitting around waiting too long for Disney to add dates in January for that and then possibly missing out on the MK one. And unfortunately it's either/or for budget reasons.

Anyone hear anything yet about them extending the SW dessert parties after Christmas? Hopefully even if they do, they won't completely forget there's a whole other week+ in January like they've done with the after-hours events!! :headache:
I can't imagine they wouldn't continue the dessert parties. They are cash cows for them. I would recommend the HEA dessert party personally, as that is normally more crowded than the Star War's viewing. However, the actual desserts and drinks were better at DHS. So, tough call!

I can't imagine they wouldn't continue the dessert parties. They are cash cows for them. I would recommend the HEA dessert party personally, as that is normally more crowded than the Star War's viewing. However, the actual desserts and drinks were better at DHS. So, tough call!

That's exactly what I've heard elsewhere too! It is a tough call... but while my husband isn't anti-Disney, he's not exactly raring to go on this trip, lol. I'm luring him with Star Wars and food! :-D So I was really hoping to do that dessert party.

No problem. Thanks for letting me know. We did three days of club level fastpasses on our trip last September and we were able to get everything done that we wanted. I’m sure you’ll have a great time. FYI the signature service was able to book our regular fastpasses at the same time (at 90 days) so that was a nice bonus. I’m not sure if they are still doing that. Have a great trip!
Thank you!! They were indeed able to book our regular fast passes as well. I focused all three days worth on HS and Epcot with plans to head to SWGE at opening and then doing fast passes.

Got this in our email today. I tried reading through this thread but didn’t see anyone posting their experience from smugglers run to know if we are out of luck or if they will handle some other way. We were really hoping to utilize our guide for ROR178FA5D0-DA9F-42D9-9438-99F280FAD711.jpeg

Got this in our email today. I tried reading through this thread but didn’t see anyone posting their experience from smugglers run to know if we are out of luck or if they will handle some other way. We were really hoping to utilize our guide for RORView attachment 455469

Had some family that did a VIP tour late last month. For MFSR they used the FP line and could ride one time per hour.

I’m sorry, I haven’t kept up with the latest chatter for RotR and VIP tours.

I had a VIP tour booked for Dec 8th for the specific purpose of RotR and just got the call today from Disney Signature Services that RoTR will NOT be included in the VIP tour for that time. Just as an fyi
Are you canceling the VIP tour, then? For me that would be the only reason I would do it. We've seen the land twice already and pretty much have done everything we need to do on this coming trip. We're bringing our adult son and his family and this whole trip coming up is just us making sure they have a good time. He hasn't been back to WDW in 12 years and is so looking forward to GE and building his light saber.

Are you canceling the VIP tour, then? For me that would be the only reason I would do it. We've seen the land twice already and pretty much have done everything we need to do on this coming trip. We're bringing our adult son and his family and this whole trip coming up is just us making sure they have a good time. He hasn't been back to WDW in 12 years and is so looking forward to GE and building his light saber.
Yes, we cancelled the VIP tour. We were able to do GE during the AP preview and the opening weekend so we have done everything else in the area multiple times. The only reason we did the VIP tour was the hopes of avoiding the lines for RotR.

Has anyone done the Galactic Spectacular dessert party recently? Wondering what the souvenir item is right now. I'm looking at going in February. The time says 6:30, do you have to be there right at 6:30 or is there a window to check in? I'm worried we'll be stuck on either Rise of the Resistance since we won't know ahead of time what boarding group we'll get.

Has anyone done the Galactic Spectacular dessert party recently? Wondering what the souvenir item is right now. I'm looking at going in February. The time says 6:30, do you have to be there right at 6:30 or is there a window to check in? I'm worried we'll be stuck on either Rise of the Resistance since we won't know ahead of time what boarding group we'll get.
It's a Vader plastic stein. You don't have to be there st that time but toy will obviously lose dessert party time if you're not

How long before we see a special event like a progressive dinner in RoTR. Kinda like what they have done in the Great Movie Ride. That would be an amazing event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!