Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

For those that are somewhat watching their budgets for this race weekend, where do you plan to stay??

For those that are somewhat watching their budgets for this race weekend, where do you plan to stay??
As always, I'll wait to book until discounts roll out. Then I'll see if WDW offers anything I'm willing to pay. If not, I'll book one of my go-to offsite options.

One hard thing right now is we don't know when some of the hotels will open. Like the All-Stars currently have no opening date. I for one will look at Pop and AoA as those are values. I may also look at renting DVC.

I'm booked at Pop for both marathon and star wars. Skyliner is so nice though not as useful right now without hopping. In Jan loved being able to hop over to Ogas at the end of the day.

As always, I'll wait to book until discounts roll out. Then I'll see if WDW offers anything I'm willing to pay. If not, I'll book one of my go-to offsite options.
Ordinarily, when are discounts revealed for mid April stays?

We're booked at BWV. May add onto the trip and stay offsite at a condo after the weekend.

Pop booked for solo trip in Jan and AoA booked for SW as it's a place my DD going with me has always wanted to stay (assuming it gets opened back up by then). Cost + Skyliner drove decisions for me. Will watch for any discounts that roll out and will consider changing if something looks like a great deal within the budget.

Depends on budget hotel prices. When I had booked everything for this race this year, I went with offsite+car, ended up being comparable to onsite rates minus car (including the discount mentioned above) and I preferred the flexibility of being able to drive.

But also... given COVID I might just stick with the same plan because I'm not enthusiastic about being packed in a bus going to these races. We'll see how things play out.

Depends on budget hotel prices. When I had booked everything for this race this year, I went with offsite+car, ended up being comparable to onsite rates minus car (including the discount mentioned above) and I preferred the flexibility of being able to drive.

But also... given COVID I might just stick with the same plan because I'm not enthusiastic about being packed in a bus going to these races. We'll see how things play out.

I hope by star wars things will be better but I do have concerns on busess for marathon weekend (if it happens). Lukily for me though I am driving distance to WDW so will have my car with me and that will likely be a race-day decision. It's just at 3am in the morning the last thing I want to do is drive.

Star Wars does get more complicated on driving since it is a point-to-point race for the half so even if driving you still need a bus to the start lline from the finish.

I hope by star wars things will be better but I do have concerns on busess for marathon weekend (if it happens). Lukily for me though I am driving distance to WDW so will have my car with me and that will likely be a race-day decision. It's just at 3am in the morning the last thing I want to do is drive.

Star Wars does get more complicated on driving since it is a point-to-point race for the half so even if driving you still need a bus to the start lline from the finish.
Agh, yeah, forgot about that. Still... less time on a bus for the trip.

Ordinarily, when are discounts revealed for mid April stays?
I've never really paid attention enough to say! I only do the AP discounts and just keep an eye out for them. I don't generally book any hotels at WDW until a couple months out.

As someone who is watching her (points) budget, I have my home resort OKW booked and plan to waitlist for BWV standard view.

Even then, I'm waiting to see what happens during Marathon weekend with the busing situation (both race and park). If the buses are a mess, I might just cancel my waitlist and stay at OKW with a rental car. The parking is so much better there than BWV.

I have been so busy with work that I totally missed the sign ups and today on my run remembered that they had happened. I was kind of crushed because not having a Disney run to look forward to has been pretty hard on my motivation. Imagine my surprise and joy that the Kessel Run half plus virtual half was actually open! I don't know and only sort of care if the race actually happens (I mean, I want it to but only if it's safe and I trust Disney to keep an eye out for safety), I needed my motivation back so I'm SUPER stoked to have snagged a spot for the half! I had signed up for the challenge in 2020 and I missed that here, but training for a half is still more than enough to keep me looking forward!

I have been so busy with work that I totally missed the sign ups and today on my run remembered that they had happened. I was kind of crushed because not having a Disney run to look forward to has been pretty hard on my motivation. Imagine my surprise and joy that the Kessel Run half plus virtual half was actually open! I don't know and only sort of care if the race actually happens (I mean, I want it to but only if it's safe and I trust Disney to keep an eye out for safety), I needed my motivation back so I'm SUPER stoked to have snagged a spot for the half! I had signed up for the challenge in 2020 and I missed that here, but training for a half is still more than enough to keep me looking forward!

Congrats. you got very lucky. and yeah I agree no races (or uncertain races) hurts motivation. One reason I signup up for the CRAW thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter