Star Wars hotel seems to include Rise of the Resistance

If the rumored prices are true, I would hope that when the cruiser reaches BSO, there aren’t any people from a planet doesn’t exist that wear weird clothing. Exclusive access should be part of the package- both because of the price and so that the immersion isn’t broken (as much).

So you want GE to be a private land only for people visiting the hotel.

Um, no.

Um, no.

I'm a local passholder. Of course I dont want BSO to be just for people visiting the hotel. Who would? But before/after hours access, as long as park hours aren't cut, really should be part of the "cruise." I don't know how you took my comment to mean I want the land to be private.

Um, no.
Most speculation is that the Galactic Starcruiser's Batuu excursion would occur outside of normal park hours, either early or late. That would avoid having typical "tourists" in the land that breaks the immersion.

Of course, there are undoubtedly going to be some Starcruiser guests who opt not to go "all in" on the cosplay aspect. It will be interesting to see what direction they go with this.

The prices thrown around for this adventure would not deter me from giving it a whirl. What I would find hard to handle is 48 hours with no natural light. Their hotel area has no balconies or windows. This is why I find it unbelievable that they wouldn’t close the land during park hours, say opening later or closing earlier a couple of times a week just to give the folks spending the big bucks some fresh air time.

There is so much to do in HS now, with Toy Story land and the new Mickey ride I don’t think they’d consider shortening the entire park’s hours so they could get Halcyon guests in from 7-10am or 6-9pm, but I think they’d be willing to close a land.

The prices thrown around for this adventure would not deter me from giving it a whirl. What I would find hard to handle is 48 hours with no natural light. Their hotel area has no balconies or windows. This is why I find it unbelievable that they wouldn’t close the land during park hours, say opening later or closing earlier a couple of times a week just to give the folks spending the big bucks some fresh air time.

There is so much to do in HS now, with Toy Story land and the new Mickey ride I don’t think they’d consider shortening the entire park’s hours so they could get Halcyon guests in from 7-10am or 6-9pm, but I think they’d be willing to close a land.
It's problematic to open a window in space! :rotfl2:
And why does the way you phrased that remind me of the Haunted Mansion? (NO windows and NO doors).

I could see them opening late or closing early so the Batuu excursion occurs during daylight hours. I just don't think they would make SWGE exclusive all day for the Starcruiser guests. We'll see.

I don’t think they can close early or open late for the hotel. The package they are selling are two day cruises. That would mean messing with the hours every other day. EMM makes more sense in my opinion. After hours would need time to clear the park.

I don’t think they can close early or open late for the hotel. The package they are selling are two day cruises. That would mean messing with the hours every other day. EMM makes more sense in my opinion. After hours would need time to clear the park.

Since Hollywood Studios pretty much always opens at 8am (or sometimes earlier), and you'd probably want guests to have a good two hours at Batuu at least, that would mean a 6am arrival for all of the guests at the hotel.

I just don't see how that would work, for one thing since you take a "transport" off ship it's going to take time to ferry all guests over.

For another thing, if you really want to see some heated Resistance action, try telling luxury hotel guests they have to be totally ready to do anything before 6am!!

Same goes for hours after park closing (8pm), they are I think a bit too late to really suit luxury hotel guests. And like you said there would be people lingering past 8pm anyway, so you may as well send the hotel guests in at some reasonable time.

That's why after some thought I am pretty sure there will be different groups from the hotel sent over in waves through both days of the "flight", and given special Fast Pass Supreme Leader passes to ride both MFSR and ROTR with no wait. I personally don't see the objection to mixing with normal park visitors and honestly it would be a better experience anyway as part of the fun of Galaxys Edge is seeing other people's reaction to Batuu.

Plus imagine how cool it would be to be in Batuu and hear that a transport from the Halcyon had just arrived, then see a bunch of thematically dressed people emerge from a transport bay... Could be the transport ship exit is beyond one of those giant doors you never see open.

WDW desperately wants to move DHS open back to 9am. By the time the hotel opens I would guess 9am open would be SOP again. Alsowhile guests would love two hours at Batuu, I think 1 hour is more likely. So 8 am, still early but people have been showing up in droves before 6am. I woke up at 5:15am to ride Rise of the Resistance last week. And visiting batuu at 8am won’t be compulsory. As an option, I think most guests would take advantage. 1 hr should be enough time for them to ride both rides and do a little shopping, especially if we’re talking 200-ish people. Personally I’d be ok with 1 hour, but I’m not a big Star Wars person.

will be interesting to see what happens

Thinking about it more, both morning and an afternoon excursion to Batuu are totally possible. Personally I would prefer morning in the land with nothing to break the immersion. But I can see non early risers hating that. So simply offer both or as an either or.

WDW desperately wants to move DHS open back to 9am. By the time the hotel opens I would guess 9am open would be SOP again. Alsowhile guests would love two hours at Batuu, I think 1 hour is more likely. So 8 am, still early but people have been showing up in droves before 6am. I woke up at 5:15am to ride Rise of the Resistance last week. And visiting batuu at 8am won’t be compulsory. As an option, I think most guests would take advantage. 1 hr should be enough time for them to ride both rides and do a little shopping, especially if we’re talking 200-ish people. Personally I’d be ok with 1 hour, but I’m not a big Star Wars person.

will be interesting to see what happens

You can't even realistically ride both rides in under an hour, much less enjoy Batuu... one hour of rushed extremely rushed Batuu time is not very Lux.

On further thought I wonder if guests could take a transport to Batuu any time during the stay, to accommodate people who needed more time off an enclosed ship, and give more flexibility as to what time a visit would work for guests.

Thinking about it more, both morning and an afternoon excursion to Batuu are totally possible. Personally I would prefer morning in the land with nothing to break the immersion. But I can see non early risers hating that. So simply offer both or as an either or.

I agree that would be pretty awesome as an option! I just don't think it could be the only option, as you say also offer the possibility of an afternoon excursion.

Most speculation is that the Galactic Starcruiser's Batuu excursion would occur outside of normal park hours, either early or late. That would avoid having typical "tourists" in the land that breaks the immersion.

Of course, there are undoubtedly going to be some Starcruiser guests who opt not to go "all in" on the cosplay aspect. It will be interesting to see what direction they go with this.

Then it would have to be late at night and I can't imagine that's the case.

Probably way too early for this question but what are the chances of AP previews for this? Seems like they would benefit from early guest experiences given the issues RotR has had

Probably way too early for this question but what are the chances of AP previews for this? Seems like they would benefit from early guest experiences given the issues RotR has had

Considering we didn't get an AP preview for the last 2 rides that have opened, they aren't gonna do one for a hotel. It's not like its an attraction

Whaaaaaat??? She already left for college?! It happens so fast!! My daughter is my avatar from her first trip at age 4 and she’s 13 now. I’d better not blink. But, like you, I see many more Disney years ahead of us. I have fully indoctrinated her. She’s in for life. 😊

sorry for the side track. Carry on....
Thats why that disney commercial had me crying.. remembering little girl st disney as shes leaving for college

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter