Star Wars IX: trIXie

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
Ok after watching Solo and Last Jedi this week starting looking for rumors on IX. Man did not like what popped up on Reddit from a guy who saw story boards and he was reliable for seeing them for VIII too. So starting a thread to see what else is going on with speculations. Hoping for big changes, as Leia is not able to be big part with out recasting and surely they won't?

Here is what /r/StarWarsSpeculation has to say: .

Plot A would progress like this:

5 years after The Last Jedi the Resistance is no longer centralized and is not a popular idea among the galaxy. Kylo Ren’s rule over the galaxy is seen by most as benevolent. Many within the Resistance itself are questioning why they should even be fighting.

Not surprisingly, Rey, Poe, Finn, and Leia are all still holding fast to the idea the galaxy should not be under empirical rule.

They are tipped off by a mole inside the First Order promising that if they follow their lead, they will discover the horrifying true nature of the First Order.

The tip leads them to a planet in the unknown regions, and they must infiltrate a First Order command station to extract a young female alien prodigy who is the key to navigating these regions.

After a successful rescue of the girl who is essentially a prisoner of the First Order, they discover a planet entirely comprised of an ocean. Beneath its waters is the secret to the First Order’s unlimited resources, an ancient manufacturing station literally powered by the populations of conquered worlds of the unknown regions.

This entire A plot revolves around liberating the captives before they are exterminated and exposing these horrors to the galaxy at large. This plot is resolved with the Unknown Regions becoming united and preparing for war with the known regions.

The B plot revolves around Kylo Ren hunting down other Force users in secret using the Knights of Ren and trying to discover the mole among his ranks. At the end of the film it’s revealed Hux is the mole and is trying to get the galaxy to revolt against Ren’s empire and believes he can claim the throne after the fallout.

Many Force users have sought out Rey for protection, both really young and really old.

Rey and Kylo still converse through the force and can even manifest their whole presence in front of each other. It is slowly revealed they secretly love each other.

The big reveal in the film is that one of Rey’s “students” is actually her child, and Kylo becomes so enraged upon finding this that he nearly kills Rey who is only saved last minute by Leia.

Last edited:
I am certainly not in the know, but to me, Plot A doesn’t sound very compelling and Plot B sounds like a soap opera!

I’ve heard similar though not with as much ch detail and no idea if true or not

There is some interesting concepts around Plot A - the idea of a universe that accepts the Empire because it is all good for them - until the resize that people in the outer rim are being exploited so that they can be fine .... obviously mirroring a lot of what is going on in our country and the world (so continues that theme)

It sounds terrible, and Leia won't even be in it. They said they won't recast. So I guess she gets to die off screen.

What a load of tosh....this one will not leak out. Its 18mths out and has just stared shooting. Give these guys some credit

Unless the MODs have confirmed the poster to be legit then reddit can be taken with a grain of salt. This is 90% bogus.

5 years later and Rey has a kid and it's her student too?

The time really doesn't match up.
Plus if Kylo and Rey see each other, or still are force linked, I think Kylo would sense her being preggo.

Plot A is kind of interesting. I think they are leaning towards changing the dichotomy of Empire vs Republic to set up the next trilogy they are making.

I remember rumors about Ep 7 beginning with Luke’s severed hand (after Vader cut it off) flying through space and entering an atmosphere and burning up leaving his blue lightsaber to fall to the planet’s surface.

That would’ve been stupid so I’m glad it’s not what happened. That’s how I feel about this rumored plot.

I remember rumors about Ep 7 beginning with Luke’s severed hand (after Vader cut it off) flying through space and entering an atmosphere and burning up leaving his blue lightsaber to fall to the planet’s surface.

That would’ve been stupid so I’m glad it’s not what happened. That’s how I feel about this rumored plot.

The saber could have been its own movie almost IMO.

Last edited:

EP7 originally did open with Luke's severed hand...so these random rumors some times are close enough.

Though really that is something easy enough to just guess at so *shrug*

Plot A sound better than B. B is just a soap opera plot. And I'm not interested in that one. A just sounds better than B

nothing would surprise me at this point, the movie could be nothing but Jar Jar binks, Ewoks, Porgs, and that annoying L3 and I wouldn't be shocked.

Not surprisingly, Rey, Poe, Finn, and Leia are all still holding fast to the idea the galaxy should not be under empirical rule.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with either the SW movies in the last couple of years, or with the threads discussing them for almost a year now.

But I have a question:

Why would they "bump off" (or fade away or turn into a ghost) a solid character who has a living, active, popular actor (Mark Hamill) whom you could use in future movies, but in movie after movie revive with computer effects a deceased actor such as Carrie Fisher, who was none too lively or popular in her last real-life appearance?

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with either the SW movies in the last couple of years, or with the threads discussing them for almost a year now.

But I have a question:

Why would they "bump off" (or fade away or turn into a ghost) a solid character who has a living, active, popular actor (Mark Hamill) whom you could use in future movies, but in movie after movie revive with computer effects a deceased actor such as Carrie Fisher, who was none too lively or popular in her last real-life appearance?
Carrie was alive during filming of both 7 and 8. Kathleen Kennedy has said she won’t be in 9 though.

But I have a question:

Carrie was alive during filming of both 7 and 8. Kathleen Kennedy has said she won’t be in 9 though.

Rian has even admitted he could have easily left Luke starring at the sunset, and not killed him-since Carrie was already gone.

So the question is valid.

Rian has even admitted he could have easily left Luke starring at the sunset, and not killed him-since Carrie was already gone.

So the question is valid.

Maybe a Dumbledore move would have been better. Or a Dick York.

It seems like the Harry Potter producers managed to keep everything very smooth, straightforward and consistent for the entire 8-movie cycle, whereas Disney/Lucasfilm is lurching from film to film not getting a handle on casting, storylines, etc.

One reason I suppose is that the HP books were a straightforward chunk of literary canon, whereas the SW universe has been bloated with every possible novel, cartoon and comic book being tossed out there, by a very large number of authors.

There, I said it ... Harry Potter is literature!

But I have a question:

to annoy the fan base

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter