Star Wars ride and motion sickness

How does MFSR compare to FOP from a motion sickness standpoint? I am fine with FOP as long as I take Dramamine before, but can not do it without it. I usually only go on Star Tours because my kids want to go and I usually keep my eyes closed the whole time. I'm starting to get worried about riding MFSR.

How does MFSR compare to FOP from a motion sickness standpoint? I am fine with FOP as long as I take Dramamine before, but can not do it without it. I usually only go on Star Tours because my kids want to go and I usually keep my eyes closed the whole time. I'm starting to get worried about riding MFSR.
I would compare it more to Star Tours than FoP since you are in a cabin in a seat rather than the motorcycle style seat of FoP. I don't find it that jerky though.

The Sim portion is one minute, take your dramamine as a precaution and enjoy

I get motion sickness relatively easily, has snuck up on me as I’ve gotten older. I am fine on FoP but I do have to look away or close my eyes during certain spots just to stabilize my frame of reference.

For MFSR, being a Pilot didn’t sit too well with me (I felt compelled to always watch so I could fly the ship) but I’m totally fine with being an Engineer or Gunner because there are plenty of times to look at buttons, away from the screen, etc.

RoTR has a short "free fall" sensation with a screen in front of you similar to Soaring or Star Tours. As for MFSR, if anyone is sensitive to simulators or jerking motions MFSR is not for you. I am, one and done, no need to do it again. MFSR and FOP both made me sick. No fun being nauseous or hurting your back at DW because of a simulator ride. Unfortunately, IMHO, MFSR is a great ride but not for everyone. RoTR is spectacular if you can handle a free fall sensation.

I haven't paid much attention to the Star Wars area, but now that our trip is finally about here, (end of next week!) I should probably figure out what I can and can't do.

I get motion sickness
Star Tours makes me sick. I can ride FOP, though towards the end, it starts to bug me a bit and I close my eyes. At Universal, I don't ride Flight of Phoenix (never have, been told it would bother me) but I have ridden the other one in Diagon Alley, forget the name.

I'm not a huge SW fan, but I do usually like to experience about everything. I wasn't going to attempt it, but if there's a chance it wouldn't bother me, I want to try!

I haven't paid much attention to the Star Wars area, but now that our trip is finally about here, (end of next week!) I should probably figure out what I can and can't do.

I get motion sickness
Star Tours makes me sick. I can ride FOP, though towards the end, it starts to bug me a bit and I close my eyes. At Universal, I don't ride Flight of Phoenix (never have, been told it would bother me) but I have ridden the other one in Diagon Alley, forget the name.

I'm not a huge SW fan, but I do usually like to experience about everything. I wasn't going to attempt it, but if there's a chance it wouldn't bother me, I want to try!
Merged you to the existing thread

I get motion sickness

You sound similar to me. I don't ride Star Tours because my husband will go on it with the kids so I don't feel I have to. I am fine on FOP once but would feel it for sure if I were to try to ride it a second time. I am a Star Wars fan so I knew I had to ride both RoTR and MFSR. I am totally fine on RoTR, no issues. I struggle a bit with being a pilot on MFSR but am fine being a gunner or engineer. Problem is, now they only allow 1 party per ride vehicle so I always have to be a pilot. I look forward to the day that I can go back to gunner or engineer.

I can ride FOP and dont have an issue but curious about the new ride RotR for our November Trip! I don’t want to try for a boarding group and possible disappointment if it is a high motion sickness ride, I can better use my time elsewhere if it is!!! Just opinions, I know everyone is different!! TIA

I can ride FOP and dont have an issue but curious about the new ride RotR for our November Trip! I don’t want to try for a boarding group and possible disappointment if it is a high motion sickness ride, I can better use my time elsewhere if it is!!! Just opinions, I know everyone is different!! TIA
Merged you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!