Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon

As for the medals, I wonder if that Poe medal was planned for the Light Side, it's really cool. The Dark Side half medal... meh.

Awesome :)

Was already doing Dark Side half. Also doing the half this weekend so that, and training runs for DS, will easily cover virtual half. Would have preferred to have done this the 'proper way' but until the west coast runs start again I will take this. Also, $69 is way cheaper than registering for and travelling to a real run in California.

no need to send in results for the virtual run, it is on the honor system. You will get the medal regardless whether you run or not.

I have the Kessel from last year, but I would be really happy if they do something similar for the Tink/Princess coast to coast. Getting the pink coast to coast was one of the reasons I signed up for the Princess this year. So disappointed when they cancelled all the DLR races.

There is a place to enter your results if you wish to get a finisher certificate (http://starwarsvirtualhalf.rundisney.events), but no language that I can find says you have to do so or have it verified in order to get the virtual Half medal. For the Kessel Run, you get it after the Dark Side Half, so you at least have to complete that without getting swept.

We are in for the 5K and the 10K. Being able to do the Virtual Half at home is very appealing, but I don't know if I could manage the Half Marathon on top of the others in April. Excited to know that the Kessel Run Medal is still there.

It’s a real thing - medals:

View attachment 291879

I love those! Thank you.

I signed up and I'm honestly so happy I could cry. That Kessel Run medal is the reason I started running and I was heartbroken when they cancelled Light Side the year I was able to do KR. I don't care that it's a virtual or money grab our whatever - I GET MY KESSEL RUN BACK!

This is me!!! I've been dancing around the house since I signed up. I ordered shirts too. Bucket list item ticked off without a trip to California! I've SAVED so much by not having to travel.

Getting the pink coast to coast was one of the reasons I signed up for the Princess this year. So disappointed when they cancelled all the DLR races.

Same for me. My goals were C2C in 2017 (which I did with SWDS and Super Heroes), pink C2C in 2018 and Kessel Run in 2019. With the end of races at DL for the foreseeable future, I’m really excited for the opportunity to get the Kessel medal. I will still run 13.1 miles with the same requirements as if I had run it at DL.

LOL - I just happened to check the rD page for something and saw about the listing for the SW virtual half/kessel challenge. Doesn't look like the Active link for registration is fully live yet.

I wonder if they'll do something similar (virtual Pink C2C) since Tink isn't happening?
I could see them doing some sort of special medal for Princess and Virtual Tink, but I don't believe it will be the pink coast to coast medal.

I signed up and I'm honestly so happy I could cry. That Kessel Run medal is the reason I started running and I was heartbroken when they cancelled Light Side the year I was able to do KR. I don't care that it's a virtual or money grab our whatever - I GET MY KESSEL RUN BACK!
While I have other reasons to like this idea, the fact that it makes the Kessel Run possible at least for 2018 is a great move. I signed up too because it is the Kessel Run medal. And I love Star Wars. If they offer another virtual Star Wars medal next year, I'd probably sign up for it too even though I know I won't be running Dark Side in 2019.

I wish they would make the kessel run part of it require proof. I think it sort of takes the meaning out of it if you can walk a mile a day for 13 days and then say you ran 2 halves and get a kessel run medal too. I know that might sound stuck up lol but i really don’t like people who brag for no reason. But if you run both of them like you should that’s awesome!!
I agree with what you're saying, but I think the time requirement attached to Dark Side makes it much more difficult to fake it. The Galloway plan for Dark Side has 11 and 12.5 mile training runs in March.

As for the medals, I wonder if that Poe medal was planned for the Light Side, it's really cool. The Dark Side half medal... meh.
I wondered the same thing especially with name change to Resistance Run instead of Rebel Challenge before Light Side was canceled. I was hoping for not another Stormtrooper medal, but I expected a Phasma medal given the race descriptions. I'm fine with the design of the Phasma medal, but I understand those who are meh about it. Hopefully, the 5K, 10K, and First Order Challenge medals are better.

I really like the Virtal Half medal though. Having seen multiple photos, I think the X-Wing on the side of the medal moves.

“Do you want to see a cash-grab ...”

We are supposed to sing that, right?

So you are essentially just paying for a medal?

As someone who likes virtual run events (though I prefer a charity reaping the benefits like with Hogwarts Running Club), and someone who doesn’t mind at all that rundisney gives you a medal even if you end up being swept or that Rock and Roll races will pick you up and take you further on the course so you can still finish and get the medal...

Yes. Let’s move on.

Well, RD got my money. I signed up for it and actually have plans to run 13.1 and earn it.

Pretty sure I saw that Kessel Run medal on the Shop Disney Parks app for $5

It's a pin, and I think it is $3.99. They put it and the 2017 KR training shirts on clearance at the end of the year. I had already purchased the shirt, and may have also bought the pin when I bought the virtual shirt today. Yes, I am a sucker for anything Star Wars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!