Starbucks vs Joffrey's: Choose Your Side

I‘ve never developed a liking for coffee but DW says Costa (not helpful as you don’t get that in the US) but otherwise it’s always been Starbucks for her when we’re over on your side of the Pond. Sadly neither makes an acceptable cup of tea... 😭

Truthfully, neither is my first choice. I like Peet's or Caribou for chains, but my favorites are the small local roasters in my area. I love a strong, dark roast and to me a lot of restaurant coffee tastes more like someone waved a brown crayon through some water. So I don't mind the "burnt" taste in Starbucks, but if I'm just trying to get a coffee fix I'll go to the place with the shorter line, which at WDW is Joffrey's. Joffrey's tastes a bit thin and old to me, but it's coffee, so I cope.
But oh, that first cup when I get back home and get back to the local coffee place! That is heaven.

Definitely Starbuck's over Joffrey's any day. I would rather not have coffee if my only choice was Joffrey's.

Still drinking my Joffrey's in quarantine- Tusker House and Jiko blends ordered :lovestruc If I can't be there, I can drink like I am!

Not a listed option, but I'm addicted to McDonald's Caramel Frappes. McDonald's, because I'm cheap. Now if I were on vacation, and either Starbucks or Joffrey's had something comparable, I'd get that!

the simple answer is whatever one prefers. for instance, I think jittery joes chai latte is close to twice as good as Starbucks. however, Starbucks are everywhere, we get stars, and the food is superb. who has better coffee...? more like "is Starbucks good enough to commit to them for rewards, much like airlines and hotels?" yes, Starbucks is good enough. we have Starbucks about 10 times as often as jittery joes despite joes being twice as good.

Joffrey’s all the way!!! I get the shakin Jamaican with a shot of espresso and no breaks needed!:drinking1

Jofffey’s tastes like watered down instant coffee to me. I like my coffee strong and black and Joffrey’s has no flavor. I prefer my own coffee in the morning and will get a Starbucks if I need a caffeine boost when out.

Joffrey's for us!! We always take a bag of Kona home with us and later order beans for a little bit of Disney until we can get there next time. First stop in Epcot after Soarin and Test Track is the Joffrey's kiosk for an iced coffee and a pastry!

If I go to SBUX or Joffrey's, it's for a 'fancy coffee' (usually a latte). I"m fine with either - if the line is long I won't wait (I'm especially looking at you Joffrey's in Tomorrowland and SBUX in DHS!!). I do love that SBUX in Disney Springs allows mobile ordering.

Truthfully, neither is my first choice. I like Peet's or Caribou for chains, but my favorites are the small local roasters in my area. I love a strong, dark roast and to me a lot of restaurant coffee tastes more like someone waved a brown crayon through some water. So I don't mind the "burnt" taste in Starbucks, but if I'm just trying to get a coffee fix I'll go to the place with the shorter line, which at WDW is Joffrey's. Joffrey's tastes a bit thin and old to me, but it's coffee, so I cope.
But oh, that first cup when I get back home and get back to the local coffee place! That is heaven.
Love Caribou but the only one around closed up. While everyone else has been buying toilet paper I’ve been stocking up on Caribo coffe, always make sure I have at least 3 boxes for the Keurig

Joffrey’s☕️ I love their frozen cappuccino! The family loves all their tasty treats. Best part is the line is way shorter!

Breaking news from this member who lives 30 mins south of Seattle...
Starbucks all the way (but if I'm desperate I can make anything work).
When they started putting Starbucks inside the parks, it really became The Happiest Place on Earth.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts