Starting Today, Fuel Up Your Tank with this New Menu at Flo’s V8 Café at Disney California Adventure

My gripe with Smoke Jumpers is they added a new veggie offering so they removed the veggie burger. Apparently it's too hard to keep patties in the freezer or offer more than one veggie option. Menus are very limited.
This is probably my biggest gripe with Disney menus. We are a family of vegetarians - myself, DW, and kids ages 5 & 9. DW & I don't want to be forced to order the same thing because there is only one choice. It also really annoys me when there are decent veg options for adults, but nothing vegetarian at all on the kids menu. (I'm looking at you, Lucky Fortune Cookery.) We end up eating a lot of Mexican food when we go out. I am excited to try the vegetarian chili cone at Cozy Cones, though.

I’m in the minority but I’m very excited about the new menu! We weren’t fans of much of the old menu. There are several things now that will appeal to my group! Can’t wait to try the Cobb salad in July! I hope the fried chicken is similar to Pkaza Inns!
I agree with you!! We are excited for the new menu, the previous options were not very good. The very first menu, they had with the turkey dinner was delicious! looking forward to the cobb salad!

Disappointed.. like the park really needs another burger option. The menu used to be really fresh and different - the roast beef sandwich and the ribs and slaw was great here.
Actually they do IMO. DLR has lots of average and poor ones. Only good one I can think of is at Rainforest Cafe. Wait! That is closing on June 17. :sad:

If Flo's can bring a good burger, in HydroGuy's book that will be welcome! ::yes::

:wizard:

Oh man, I was just gonna snack my way around the parks on my upcoming trip, but there are several of these that I'd like to try!

This is probably my biggest gripe with Disney menus. We are a family of vegetarians - myself, DW, and kids ages 5 & 9. DW & I don't want to be forced to order the same thing because there is only one choice. It also really annoys me when there are decent veg options for adults, but nothing vegetarian at all on the kids menu. (I'm looking at you, Lucky Fortune Cookery.) We end up eating a lot of Mexican food when we go out. I am excited to try the vegetarian chili cone at Cozy Cones, though.

We eat at one of the Mex places almost every trip because the food is good and easily veg. My kids like Mac and cheese but eating it every meal gets old, the kids meals in general are not great and over priced. One of my favorite restaurants in general for my family is Red Robin because they have so many veg options even for kids. I wish Disney would add veggie dogs. My kids would be ecstatic.

By the way the chilli cone is good.

Reactions: Ava

AS long as they keep Racer 5 we will be happy! My kids never eat the full meal anywhere we go at Disney so we always stop into Flo’s to get a Racer 5 and a side of Mac and cheese for the kids. We bring in fruit and snacks and the side order of Mac is much cheaper than the meal.

Well, it seems a lot of people are excited about it, so what do I know, I guess!

I think for me, the children's menu is the major disappointment (although I am very "meh" on the sandwiches myself). My kids don't eat "typical" kids food except for once in a while, but Disneyland is slowly shifting in the direction of Disneyworld with their kids menus being the same several items over and over at each place. The endless parade of "burger, chicken fingers, and mac and cheese" is just getting exhausting. It means we always have to share adult meals with our kids or buy them one, and that gets either 1) tiring to have my kid always pick the meal they want and then I have to eat it or 2) expensive and sometimes wasteful when they can't finish an adult portion. I understand completely redoing menus, but when they redo them, they are taking away options instead of just changing them up.

Well, it seems a lot of people are excited about it, so what do I know, I guess!

I think for me, the children's menu is the major disappointment (although I am very "meh" on the sandwiches myself). My kids don't eat "typical" kids food except for once in a while, but Disneyland is slowly shifting in the direction of Disneyworld with their kids menus being the same several items over and over at each place. The endless parade of "burger, chicken fingers, and mac and cheese" is just getting exhausting. It means we always have to share adult meals with our kids or buy them one, and that gets either 1) tiring to have my kid always pick the meal they want and then I have to eat it or 2) expensive and sometimes wasteful when they can't finish an adult portion. I understand completely redoing menus, but when they redo them, they are taking away options instead of just changing them up.

Disagree completely. Most Disneyland kids menus are NOT typical kid foods, which is why we always have to eat at the same handful of places (because my kids have food aversions due to autism). We actually have a pretty hard time dining at DL because most menus have things my kids wouldn't eat. Plaza Inn, French Market, the two Mexican spots, Cafe Orleans, Paradise Garden Grill, Jolly Holiday, Flo's (old menu), Blue Bayou, Wine Country Trattoria...all these have kids menus with "real food" options.

We end up at Pizza Port, Smokejumper's, or Hungry Bear EVERY time. It gets old.

Disagree completely. Most Disneyland kids menus are NOT typical kid foods, which is why we always have to eat at the same handful of places (because my kids have food aversions due to autism). We actually have a pretty hard time dining at DL because most menus have things my kids wouldn't eat. Plaza Inn, French Market, the two Mexican spots, Cafe Orleans, Paradise Garden Grill, Jolly Holiday, Flo's (old menu), Blue Bayou, Wine Country Trattoria...all these have kids menus with "real food" options.

We end up at Pizza Port, Smokejumper's, or Hungry Bear EVERY time. It gets old.

Maybe we have different takes on "typical kids foods." :) I do feel for your kids because I had issues with food when I was a kid, and now I know it was texture and taste aversions that kids now days get help for, but my parents did the "eat what's on your plate or go hungry" thing (no shade to them- that was what all parents did in those days) so I often just went hungry. I only ate hamburgers when we went out- absolutely nothing else- and they had to be on buns with no sesame seeds and soft. Super specific.

But I still stand by what I said that it's very traditional kid food items (for CS- I am not speaking of TS, which are half of the places you mentioned) like mac and cheese and burgers and chicken - the cool adult menu items rarely extend in any way onto the kids menu, and it is almost all very bland and expensive for what you get in comparison to the adult items.

Maybe we have different takes on "typical kids foods." :) I do feel for your kids because I had issues with food when I was a kid, and now I know it was texture and taste aversions that kids now days get help for, but my parents did the "eat what's on your plate or go hungry" thing (no shade to them- that was what all parents did in those days) so I often just went hungry. I only ate hamburgers when we went out- absolutely nothing else- and they had to be on buns with no sesame seeds and soft. Super specific.

But I still stand by what I said that it's very traditional kid food items (for CS- I am not speaking of TS, which are half of the places you mentioned) like mac and cheese and burgers and chicken - the cool adult menu items rarely extend in any way onto the kids menu, and it is almost all very bland and expensive for what you get in comparison to the adult items.

Okay, what is the deal with sesame seeds? LOL. My son acts like they are kryptonite.

Okay, what is the deal with sesame seeds? LOL. My son acts like they are kryptonite.

HAHA! They totally were to me, too! It's why I wouldn't eat Burger King burgers. Sesame seeds were so weird cause they were chewy but also crunchy all at the same time. Also tiny and very sneaky in how they worked into bites and would take you by surprise. Hated them.

Of course, I love them now. I got over almost all of my food issues (I still revile mac and cheese and refuse to touch it, and I feel it's not really worth me putting the effort into learning to like anyhow). I hope someday your kids get past theirs! It took me a lot of personal effort and the desire to change and several years of effort (which I wasn't interested in doing until my early 20s), but now I eat pretty much anything. In the meantime, picky eaters unite! :teeth:

HAHA! They totally were to me, too! It's why I wouldn't eat Burger King burgers. Sesame seeds were so weird cause they were chewy but also crunchy all at the same time. Also tiny and very sneaky in how they worked into bites and would take you by surprise. Hated them.

Of course, I love them now. I got over almost all of my food issues (I still revile mac and cheese and refuse to touch it, and I feel it's not really worth me putting the effort into learning to like anyhow). I hope someday your kids get past theirs! It took me a lot of personal effort and the desire to change and several years of effort (which I wasn't interested in doing until my early 20s), but now I eat pretty much anything. In the meantime, picky eaters unite! :teeth:

Your story gives me hope. My 10YO daughter has struggled with severe eating issues her entire life, eating so little because of texture/taste issues that she had to have a feeding tube. She's SLOWLY emerging from it.

They didn't list a vegetarian option so I'm really hoping they have veggie patties for the burgers. We love Carsland and spend a lot of time on Maters, but we're not fans of Flos diner because the menu didn't work for us. Hoping this will work for us. Smoke Jumpers no longer serves veggie burgers, so this would be nice.
There is a vegetarian pot pie...probably not vegan though, just a heads up.

As I mentioned in another thread-meh. More burgers-I love a burger but this wasn’t an item lacking the parks already.
They have fried chicken I the menu, plus there is a blue plat special that changes frequently, dont forget the pot pie.

Works for us! I presume the fried chicken is the same as the Plaza, score! The club and tuna sandwiches look good, and the addition of chicken noodle soup is good too. I will miss the turkey dip, but this is only a temporary menu for Pixar fest so it will be gone by September anyway.

I will say, thematically, this menu makes WAY more sense.
I wouldnt count on this being a temporary menu, so far everyone is loving it much to the extent people loved Red Rose Taverns menu (which was also supposed to be temporary), I think this menu will stick around, maybe with a few tweaks.

It is a shame they removed the healthy version chicken off the menu. If they want to serve fried, fine, but leave the roasted chicken on the menu for an option of NOT getting everything fried. My daughter and I loved the chicken when we were there this past April. I wish I knew they were going to remove it from the menu, I would have stopped and filed a comment. I will send an email about it. Funny how they removed the healthy chicken from the menu and added the fried here, and at Golden Horseshoe they removed the fried chicken strips and replaced it with some kind of chicken. Disney, please, just add choices, not switch things out. Let us decide how healthy we want to eat on vacation.

It is a shame they removed the healthy version chicken off the menu. If they want to serve fried, fine, but leave the roasted chicken on the menu for an option of NOT getting everything fried. My daughter and I loved the chicken when we were there this past April. I wish I knew they were going to remove it from the menu, I would have stopped and filed a comment. I will send an email about it. Funny how they removed the healthy chicken from the menu and added the fried here, and at Golden Horseshoe they removed the fried chicken strips and replaced it with some kind of chicken. Disney, please, just add choices, not switch things out. Let us decide how healthy we want to eat on vacation.
The problem is there is a limited amount of space in the kitchens, so they many times dont have a choice but to remove items when they add others.

There is a vegetarian pot pie...probably not vegan though, just a heads up.
I saw that later. Not vegan as it has cheese, but that's ok. However, someone else pointed out they could use a chicken broth like they do in some soups. I would hope not though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter