Stateroom Category Question

Plutes

Mouseketeer
I was getting ready to put in my quote request, but I'm trying to figure out the category that we'll want.

Last time, we had booked a Category 5 (Which we subsequently had to cancel :sad1:). But, now that I'm looking at the category details, it says there's little difference, other than location, between a Category 5 and a Category 6. So, is it worth the extra $$ for the Category 5?

Keep in mind that I'll be a <very wimpy> first time cruiser (other than my flattie, that is!), so if one location over the other will make me feel any 'safer', that's important! :rotfl:

TIA!

There is very little difference between category 5 and category 6 staterooms.

Category 6 staterooms are on decks 5 and 6.

Category 5 staterooms are on deck 7.

The only real difference is location.

It's my opinion, that you probably wouldnt notice a difference.

Hope that helps.

Do you have sea sickness issues? If you do, then one thing to keep in mind is, the lower your stateroom in the ship, the closer to the ceter of gravity you are, so less rocking. Also, if you book an inside room, the bed will be parallell to the rocking, so doesn't feel nearly as bad, and you dont have a window to look out on the moving water. If you book an outside room, the bed will be perpendicular to the rocking, so you'll feel more side to side motion. As far as I can tell though, there's not a bad room anywhere on the boat. The rule on the categories I believe is, the lower the number (1,2,3), the more spacious the room, and better the amenities. (more bathrooms, division between rooms, verandas, etc)

Thanks for the info! I'll talk to DH tonight, but we'll probably go with the Cat. 6 then.

I don't have a sea sickness issue (at least I don't think I do)...it's more just a fear of the water. I pretty much have panic attacks just LOOKING at cruise ships, so this should be interesting, to say the least! And, a verandah is an absolute NECESSITY for me...I need to know there's an escape route, albeit a very painful one! :rotfl:

Plutes, you might also check out the Cat 7s. Go to the link on the Cruise boards that show the staterooms, including pictures. The biggest difference is that the Cat 7's have a balcony with a huge open oval "window" and the bottom portion is metal, whereas the Cat 6's have railing with plexiglass that gives you a more open feel.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-staterooms.htm

Do you have sea sickness issues? If you do, then one thing to keep in mind is, the lower your stateroom in the ship, the closer to the ceter of gravity you are, so less rocking. Also, if you book an inside room, the bed will be parallell to the rocking, so doesn't feel nearly as bad, and you dont have a window to look out on the moving water. If you book an outside room, the bed will be perpendicular to the rocking, so you'll feel more side to side motion. As far as I can tell though, there's not a bad room anywhere on the boat. The rule on the categories I believe is, the lower the number (1,2,3), the more spacious the room, and better the amenities. (more bathrooms, division between rooms, verandas, etc)

Interesting... I have always heard that its actually advantageous to have a window if you are prone to sea sickness... something about looking at the horizon helps or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!