Stateroom Hold

lorimay

Strolling along...
Can I place an online hold on a room on opening day, then call DCL with my OBB?
I am platinum and can book tomorrow.

TIA

I think when you call, you would technically have to have DCL release that room then try to book it again using the OBB - leaving potentially a few seconds/minutes where the room goes back into inventory and could be taken away. I don't think they can "apply" the placeholder booking to an existing reservation - the placeholder has a reservation # already.

I think when you call, you would technically have to have DCL release that room then try to book it again using the OBB - leaving potentially a few seconds/minutes where the room goes back into inventory and could be taken away. I don't think they can "apply" the placeholder booking to an existing reservation - the placeholder has a reservation # already.

Thanks!
It's kind of frustrating that you have this OBB, but you have to hang on the phone for God knows how long to use it rather than just booking online. If you want a certain room, chances are good that it won't be available by the time they get to you.

Thanks!
It's kind of frustrating that you have this OBB, but you have to hang on the phone for God knows how long to use it rather than just booking online. If you want a certain room, chances are good that it won't be available by the time they get to you.
I believe your TA can "hang on the phone" for you. And someone said you can book online at the proper booking window.

Thanks!
Today, the how long was 83 minutes on hold and I called right at 8 am eastern time. Took forever to even get into the queue due to high call volume. I had an OBB and also wanted a specific stateroom for the second leg of b2b bookings where the first leg was already booked on the last sailing from the prior releases and we wanted to add the first sailing (EBTA on Magic) from this release.

Today, the how long was 83 minutes on hold and I called right at 8 am eastern time. Took forever to even get into the queue due to high call volume. I had an OBB and also wanted a specific stateroom for the second leg of b2b bookings where the first leg was already booked on the last sailing from the prior releases and we wanted to add the first sailing (EBTA on Magic) from this release.

I hope you got what you wanted!
I got right through this time, by 8:10.
I wanted a certain room, but the price was unjustifiable, so we just went with a 9A Oceanview and saved a few grand.
We are doing the EBTA this year, can't wait.

Yikes - 83 minutes on hold as platinum - I can't even imagine how long the queue will be for silvers!

I hope you got what you wanted!
I got right through this time, by 8:10.
I wanted a certain room, but the price was unjustifiable, so we just went with a 9A Oceanview and saved a few grand.
We are doing the EBTA this year, can't wait.
Yes, we got our exact choice of stateroom. We did the EBTA in 2018 as well as WBTAs in 2015 and 2016. Great cruises with lots of sea days. The 2021 EBTA will have two different ports along with three repeats from our previous EBTA.

Yikes - 83 minutes on hold as platinum - I can't even imagine how long the queue will be for silvers!

The man I booked with said by noon today it will slow way down.
He said we will talk to no one whenever the time comes that you can use the Internet for the OBB.
Told him it couldn't happen soon enough, nothing personal. :smooth:

This is when a TA is worth their weight in gold. My TA was right on this morning and booked my placeholder first thing.

those We’re some crazy wait times. Silver and General are the worse days.

I use a TA, so I let her deal with being on the phone. I know that if you have a placeholder, you cannot use that online and need to call.

If you have an existing reservation, can you modify it online, or do you need to call for that as well. One time our TA converted our placeholder to a cheap future cruise. It was apparently easier for her to modify that to our desired cruise on opening day.

Wow that's surprising. I called right at 8 am as I was booking with a placeholder. Waited 5 minutes on hold and was off the phone at 8:08. We booked the 9 night southern Caribbean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter