Stay a day longer, or grander??

jen2207

Mouseketeer
We have an upcoming cruise booked (Jan 2-5). I am trying to plan park days/ resorts before and after as well.

Since pre-cruise is right around NYE, pt values are high and availability is low. I have SSR reserved 12/31 and 1/1. (90pts for two nights aaaaaah!!!)

I was hoping to stay BWV or BLT post cruise, (Mon - Fri) but since the weekend after the cruise is marathon weekend, I'm running into availability problems. We could stay AKL only at this point, without switching resorts during the week. I'm not normally opposed to a split stay, but with 2nts pre cruise, 3 nts cruise, then 2nts here and 2nts there..... That's too much switching.

I can see that we could stay GFV post cruise. But with the point values, I would have to drop the SSR night on 12/31.

Sorry this is rambling, I'm just looking for advice......so WWYD? Book SSR and AKL to stay longer 12/31-1/9?? Or drop 12/31 and stay at GFV??

IMHO and what I would do:
I will always choose to stay more nights than in a larger/more points cost room/resort.

We tend to pick grander over longer. Do you have to factor in park tickets? What would you do on 12/31? Granted the fireworks are supposed to be amazing, but you're in SSR so you'd have to fight the crowds at a park.

For us, it's easier to stay just 1 night rather than 2 nights, then move. I just pack one small suitcase for our 1 night.

Talked it over with the family and I think we've decided grander! provided it's still available when I can book (tomorrow!!)

I would normally agree that staying for a longer time is better, but I think in this instance, I don't want to deal with NYE crowds for just one extra park day. (And it saves my 53 points!) Also staying for only 5 days post-cruise, I'd prefer the convenience of being at a monorail resort this time over AKL. :)

we have asked ourselves same question many times. tried longer and tried grander, seems longer wins out for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter