Stay Play Dine 2017 Calculation Thread

I tried asking about the Canadian Ticket & Dining Package....figured it wouldn't hurt. Turns out I would need to be Canadian to take advantage of that one. Go figure! Was told upon check in they require Canadian ID for verification of everyone. I'm so bummed, nothing available for my travel dates. Everything was taken by the time my phone call was answered at 8am. :sad:
That's awesome that you asked, haha! Bummer about the answer...but probably expected, lol!

Booked crazy early this morning.
SPD 1/22-28 @CBR standard room
2 adults, 2 disney adults, child (8)
Before discount $5,234.44
SPD $4441.84
I have to ask from looking at your signature...which child doesn't get to go? lol! I'm envisioning you drawing straws: "Well kids...Disney rooms only fit 5 people so whoever draws the short straw has to stay home with the dog..." :rotfl:LOL! Totally Kidding, haha!

Haha! My DD can't get out of school then. We have a mother/daughter/sweet 16 trip planned for May. She is not upset in the least to miss going with 3 little brothers if she gets her own trip. And I get 2 trips in! Win/Win!!

Haha! My DD can't get out of school then. We have a mother/daughter/sweet 16 trip planned for May. She is not upset in the least to miss going with 3 little brothers if she gets her own trip. And I get 2 trips in! Win/Win!!
That's awesome! 2 Trips for mom is better than 1!

I got the Canadian package too. I searched and searched and couldn't find a package deal on POP for end of Feb or beginning of March. So I called (I also yell Agent until the system understands me) and got the RO discount at POP. Then, I asked if I could buy the Canadian tickets and dining plan without losing my RO discount and she said no problem. To break it down, I got the 15% off POP and then 25% off tickets and paid full price for my dining (deluxe) so we can eat like queens!

Tip for my Canadian friends - I found out that you can't book this online as a package. I had originally tried this on my own this morning and the ticket prices came up as the standard US prices. When the CM enters this on their end when you call in, the ticket portion allows them to pick from US or Canadian and give you a better deal than if you try it yourself online.

Last edited:

I tried asking about the Canadian Ticket & Dining Package....figured it wouldn't hurt. Turns out I would need to be Canadian to take advantage of that one. Go figure! Was told upon check in they require Canadian ID for verification of everyone. I'm so bummed, nothing available for my travel dates. Everything was taken by the time my phone call was answered at 8am. :sad:

I am Canadian and have no idea what this package is that you speak of???? Did they just stack the 25% off tickets and room discount?

I got the Canadian package too. I searched and searched and couldn't find a package deal on POP for end of Feb or beginning of March. So I called (I also yell Agent until the system understands me) and got the RO discount at POP. Then, I asked if I could buy the Canadian tickets and dining plan without losing my RO discount and she said no problem. To break it down, I got the 15% off POP and then 25% off tickets and paid full price for my dining (deluxe) so we can eat like queens!

Tip for my Canadian friends - I found out that you can't book this online as a package. I had originally tried this on my own this morning and the ticket prices came up as the standard US prices. When the CM enters this on their end when you call in, the ticket portion allows them to pick from US or Canadian and give you a better deal than if you try it yourself online.

I am Canadian and have no idea what this package is that you speak of???? Did they just stack the 25% off tickets and room discount?

Oh okay! I was like what am I missing out on! I priced out that option too, but the SPD worked out better for us!

I have cracked the mystery folks!! The last time we were in Disney for an extended period of time my Kindle did a forced update and ever since has been "American" i can't make it a Canadian model anymore (gotta love those forced updates, NOT) ANYWAY, i was double-checking prices on it in bed and it kept reminding me that I would need CDN ID upon check-in and the my credit card needed to be attached to a CDN address and i had a thought. This morning I had a close DIS-er price out the same package and it was $384.36 MORE.

So well it's not saying on-line that it's a CDN price, they clearly have already taken the discount off the ticket price, winner-winner, chicken dinner!

We've never used this discount before and I'm trying to compare the logistics of doing a FD offer again this fall/winter or possibly a SPD offer around next March.

Obviously I'm too late to look at this years exact offers but do you think I could just price out a room and ticket rack rate option and then add in the dining plan at 60-65% rate to get a semi close accurate estimate?

Values only get discounted qsdp while mods get DDP discounted?

Thanks for any help you can offer and making these detailed threads @SouthFayetteFan !

We've never used this discount before and I'm trying to compare the logistics of doing a FD offer again this fall/winter or possibly a SPD offer around next March.

Obviously I'm too late to look at this years exact offers but do you think I could just price out a room and ticket rack rate option and then add in the dining plan at 60-65% rate to get a semi close accurate estimate?

Values only get discounted qsdp while mods get DDP discounted?

Thanks for any help you can offer and making these detailed threads @SouthFayetteFan !
So the basic answer here is that free dining kicks SPDs butt (but your probably already realize that)! My concern on SPD is that they've continually cut the amount of the discount each year. (There's some detail on that in my first post). While I'd agree with your estimation...the unfortunate part is there's no guarantee they don't further cut the discount. But there's also no guarantee of free dining or any discount for that matter. Good luck in your planning - and my advice is if you're staying at value or moderate go during free dining if you can if you're looking for the best deal.

So, I can't quite find the answer to these questions and was hoping someone in this thread would know...

We are looking at going late January, traditionally speaking SPD is offered (I know I can not rely 100% on it being offered).
We are looking at staying at pop, but we want the Regular Dining Plan, not the quick service.

1) Can we upgrade our dining plan to the regular one or do we have to get the quick service if we stay in a value resort?
2) If we are able to upgrade, does the discount apply to the upgraded plan or is it just the cost off the originally offered plan?

So, I can't quite find the answer to these questions and was hoping someone in this thread would know...

We are looking at going late January, traditionally speaking SPD is offered (I know I can not rely 100% on it being offered).
We are looking at staying at pop, but we want the Regular Dining Plan, not the quick service.

1) Can we upgrade our dining plan to the regular one or do we have to get the quick service if we stay in a value resort?
2) If we are able to upgrade, does the discount apply to the upgraded plan or is it just the cost off the originally offered plan?
1) In the past you've been able to upgrade. I would be surprised if they ever eliminated that option as it makes Disney more money.

2) there is no discount on the upgrade cost. It is there full cost difference (and that has always been the case)

Hope that helps!

1) In the past you've been able to upgrade. I would be surprised if they ever eliminated that option as it makes Disney more money.

2) there is no discount on the upgrade cost. It is there full cost difference (and that has always been the case)

Hope that helps!
Thank you. That's kind of what I was figuring. Still ends up being about $140 cheaper to stay at pop and upgrade to the regular dining than it would be to stay at CBR using this year's calculations. I'll check the actual cost out when they release the package (if they do).

I know this is an old thread, just trying to figure out some things and hoping this will be available again. Trying to get our costs down to make hubs happy. Currently have 2 rooms booked at CSR for a convention in Jan. We have the deluxe dining on one room, and no dining on the other. The plan is to share the credits. Question, is there a room only, or room and park ticket discount with this special? And park tickets are required right? Currently park tickets are 10% off with the convention, so we'd have to give that up. We are taking 4 adults (2 teens really! but adults), 2 teens (13, 15), and a 6 yo. I'm at $7367 with MM at the moment.

Oh, and SouthFayetteFan how do you get DGC's at 12% off?
I'll answer this first - it's easier. We buy them at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh grocery store) which does promotions sometimes of $0.20 off per gallon of gas for buying $50 gift cards. You can get 30 gallons per fill-up and that math works out to 12% off (in the form of free gas).

I know this is an old thread, just trying to figure out some things and hoping this will be available again. Trying to get our costs down to make hubs happy. Currently have 2 rooms booked at CSR for a convention in Jan. We have the deluxe dining on one room, and no dining on the other. The plan is to share the credits. Question, is there a room only, or room and park ticket discount with this special? And park tickets are required right? Currently park tickets are 10% off with the convention, so we'd have to give that up. We are taking 4 adults (2 teens really! but adults), 2 teens (13, 15), and a 6 yo. I'm at $7367 with MM at the moment.
I will try to field this question but it's complex. It seems you have 7 people total. How many will be in the room with dining? How many in the other room? Which room will the 6 yr old be in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter