Stay Strong SEPTEMBER WISH Challenge

Hello!

I'm exhausted and need to go back and catch up on the last of last months and beginning of this months posts, but I thought I would quickly jump in and post for yesterday and today.

Does your health negatively impact your daily life...if so how?
Does your health affect your relationship with others? Do you feel close friends and family are affected by your health?
Why is it important to follow a ....... lifestyle? What do you hope to accomplish?
What do you want to be different about your health and eating habits?

I don't believe my health currently has a negative impact on my life. I've worked very hard over the last year to overhaul my health and lifestyle to get out of the unhealthy situation I was in.

My health can have an impact on my relationship with others. I have a long and fairly serious medical history and am always waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak. I think in general I'm doing really well, but certainly those closest to me know when I worry, and they are very supportive of the changes I have made.

I follow a ketogenic way of eating, this has contributed to the 100+lbs I've lost in the last year, I hope to loose aother 20lbs before Christmas and then work on maintaining that weight. Which may be the biggest challenge yet. I hope to keep this up to stay free from migraines and IBS issues, as well as be as healthy as possible.

I need to get a proper check up in the next few months. It's been quite a while since I've had one and I have a few things that are worrisome to me so I've been avoiding it. I hope to keep on track with keto foodwise.

TOPIC TUESDAY

Getting health and staying healthy takes STRENGTH.
Physical AND mental Strength. Building physical strength helps us move well and burn calories. It also takes mental strength to face up to issues we may need to overcome, strength to so No Thank you when offered a delicious looking cake or chocolate, get up out of bed or off the couch to exercise.

What are STRENGTHS do you think you already have that will help you through this month?
What do you need to work on STRENGTHENING?

I have pretty good will power, I don't mind keeping foods my husband and kids like in the house even if I cannot eat them. I am starting a new job though so I will need to work on meal planning and prep. Making sure I stick to clean keto lunches and pack them up the night before.

I also need to work on doing a bit more exercise. I am going to challenge myself to do yoga everyday between now and when I leave for my wdw trip on the 19th.

Also I had such an amazing time at the in-laws thought I would upload a couple of photos.

Deer in Princeton:
IMG_20190829_095216.jpg

View of the lake from my in-laws front window:
IMG_20190830_071843.jpg

We went over to the Kettle Valley Railway in Summerland, BC which was a lot of fun:
IMG_20190830_130626.jpg
IMG_20190830_134112.jpg
IMG_20190830_134845.jpg

Woohoo Wednesday -
-I am back on my workout routine 💪
-I am back on track with my eating this week 🍎
-Kids had a good first day of high school ✏
-I was exhausted from a busy first day teaching kindergarten yesterday (Seriously...SO EXHAUSTED! Guess that's not really a woohoo except that it helped me finally sleep through the night even though I still have my cough/cold).😴

I'm exhausted and need to go back and catch up on the last of last months and beginning of this months posts, but I thought I would quickly jump in and post for yesterday and today.
Also I had such an amazing time at the in-laws thought I would upload a couple of photos.

Welcome back from your trip. Awesome pics your little one and the deer so cute! That lakehouse looks soooo relaxing.

Woohoo Wednesday -
-I am back on my workout routine 💪
-I am back on track with my eating this week 🍎
-Kids had a good first day of high school ✏
-I was exhausted from a busy first day teaching kindergarten yesterday (Seriously...SO EXHAUSTED! Guess that's not really a woohoo except that it helped me finally sleep through the night even though I still have my cough/cold).😴

Great WOOHOOS - First day of High School - that can be a little emotional. I don't blame you for being exhausted all those new little people to help feel comfortable on their first day at Kindy. Feel better soon.

If no one else wants it...I can try to do week 4. The beginning of the school year is always questionable for me. But I'll do my best to get on here in the morning before school starts ;)

Thank you :)

Welcome to the September WISH challenge

Everyone is welcome - we are here to support each other with kindness and positivity as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join. I hope to see some familiar 'faces' and meet some new ones.

To ease the load the last few months rather than a monthly host we have been hosting weekly. We have adopted this weekly format: Motivation Monday, Topic Tuesday, WOOHOO Wednesday, Thankful Thursday and Free For All Friday.

Weekly Hosts:
Week 1: 4Mickeys
Week 2: PollyannaMom
Week 3: sjrec
Week 4:

Enjoy the last of your weekend and I will see you all bright and early tomorrow for Motivation Monday :)
Thanks for launching September @4Mickeys - I can take the 4th week. Edited to add: Oh, I see @MickeyMom76 already volunteered for the 4th week... I can take a week in October instead.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I read through the August thread a little while ago, and thought it was great that so many people were encouraging each other to be active! I'm happy to join in!

I feel it is time to make a positive change in my life. I'm at a healthy weight, but my eating and exercising habits are NOT healthy. I'm trying to exercise more regularly and eat better now, so that I don't struggle to change my habits later in life! My goal is 150 minutes of jogging a week, half an hour five days a week - I'd love to do every day, but unfortunately I work as a social worker and a waitress in the evenings, so I'm already making room in my schedule as it is! That makes my September monthly goal 600 minutes.

Today I hit my half an hour, so I'm off to a great start.
Welcome!

Hello, hello... catching up the past few days.

Introduction:
I'm Lizanne, a single lady living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I've been over weight to one degree or another for most of my life, but recently had a serious wake up call with a diagnosis very similar to @4Mickeys: my recent labs came back as type 1 diabetic with insulin resistance, my blood pressure is high despite taking supportive herbs for it, my thyroid is under functioning, despite taking supportive supplements for it, and several other things are in the 'danger' zone. I've been feeling poorly for 6+ months, and now I have the explanation... which has blown away any excuses for not doing what I need to do to stay off of serious medications.

Oh yes... feeling generally crappy, having no energy, no mental clarity have all left me in a sorry state of emotional exhaustion.

I have to cut out sugar, my body just can't take it any longer. That includes reducing all carb consumption, so I need to go to a Keto/Whole 30 style eating plan. Which means food/meal planning and cooking for myself, and it's been well documented that I'm not good at either so these ares significant changes.

Goals for September:
... get my step count up to 10,000 steps at least three times a week, including getting outside
... follow doctor's instructions for improving health
... drop another -5 pounds

Last edited:
Woohoo...

So, far I've done well making the eating adjustments I need to make and have dropped 8 pounds. I'm extremely excited about this because first, it's -8 pounds and also because I was thinking my body was so messed up that I might not lose weight or lose it very slowly. The new thyroid stuff my doctor has given me has really revved up my metabolism... over the holiday weekend I did not need to take afternoon naps at all.

We're still having lovely summery weather, altho truth be told I've been dreaming of rain. I know it will come soon enough, so I'm trying to soak up the sun and warmth now.

This is a super short work week! I'm glad to be getting back to a normal work routine and grateful to not have any travel this month, but I am so excited that this is just a 3 day work week. I've had a head cold since Saturday, so didn't do anything special over the holiday weekend, but I'm thinking that by this weekend I should be feeling like getting out and doing something fun.

Introduction:
I'm Lizanne, a single lady living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I've been over weight to one degree or another for most of my life, but recently had a serious wake up call with a diagnosis very similar to @4Mickeys: my recent labs came back as type 1 diabetic with insulin resistance, my blood pressure is high despite taking supportive herbs for it, my thyroid is under functioning, despite taking supportive supplements for it, and several other things are in the 'danger' zone. I've been feeling poorly for 6+ months, and now I have the explanation... which has blown away any excuses for not doing what I need to do to stay off of serious medications.

Oh yes... feeling generally crappy, having no energy, no mental clarity have all left me in a sorry state of emotional exhaustion.

I have to cut out sugar, my body just can't take it any longer. That includes reducing all carb consumption, so I need to go to a Keto/Whole 30 style eating plan. Which means food/meal planning and cooking for myself, and it's been well documented that I'm not good at either so these ares significant changes.

Goals for September:
... get my step count up to 10,000 steps at least three times a week, including getting outside
No wonder you haven’t been feeling well! Yay on losing 8lbs-that’s a great start! I’m going to fuss at you re 10,000 steps. That number was chosen by the makers of fitness devices, not doctors. My doctor has emphasized consistency-that even 20 minutes 5x a week is beneficial. Of course, if your doctor says something different, never mind!

My woohoos are we made our Disney reservations for next summer-something to look forward to when we’re shoveling snow this winter! We’re also headed to the beach this weekend. Friday will bring heavy wind and some rain from Dorian, but Saturday and Sunday look beautiful. I so hope the storm doesn’t make landfall in the Carolinas. Those pictures from the Bahamas are heartbreaking.

@*tinker*bell* Those pictures are great!
Thank you.

Welcome back from your trip. Awesome pics your little one and the deer so cute! That lakehouse looks soooo relaxing.

It's good to be back, but I also kinda miss it. My in-laws live there year round, we try to get up at least one to two times a year.

Introduction:

Goals for September:

I'm sorry to hear about all the health diagnoses, but at the same time glad you have some answers. If you need anyone for keto support I'm happy to help anyway I can. :)

For my Woohoo Wednesday I had my first day at the new job and it was quite enjoyable. I'm excited to learn all the different jobs within my role and not sit behind a desk all day.

Sorry to keep being the early bird and posting before the daily post. But if I don't do it now, I'll forget later.

Thankful Thursday...
I'm thankful that my daughter has found sport she enjoys, which just also happens to have been my favorite sport that I played in high school. Although our school isn't good in field hockey and we lose almost every game (sometimes very badly), she still enjoys it. And that's all that matters to me!

I'm thankful for our wonderful support staff at school. I would not make it through the school year (especially the first few days) without all their help with my little kiddos. From the aides that come into the classroom to help, the wonderfully patient cafeteria workers who help them through the lunch line, the understanding custodian that keeps coming to clean up the "missed attempts" in the bathroom, the secretary that answers all my questions about dismissal, the recess aides that have to constantly have kind discussions with the kids about understanding the boundaries & rules, and the bus drivers who get them safely to & from school reminding them to take their backpacks and lunches with them.

I'm thankful today is Thursday because that means tomorrow if FRIDAY!

Thanks for launching September @4Mickeys - I can take the 4th week. Edited to add: Oh, I see @MickeyMom76 already volunteered for the 4th week... I can take a week in October instead

Thanks - maybe you can kick us off for October :)

drop another -5 pounds

You can do it :)

So, far I've done well making the eating adjustments I need to make and have dropped 8 pounds. I'm extremely excited about this because first, it's -8 pounds and also because I was thinking my body was so messed up that I might not lose weight or lose it very slowly. The new thyroid stuff my doctor has given me has really revved up my metabolism... over the holiday weekend I did not need to take afternoon naps at all.

Great start - even without your wonderful thyroid stuff dropping naps also happened really quickly for me - amazing the difference isn't it?

I’m going to fuss at you re 10,000 steps. That number was chosen by the makers of fitness devices, not doctors. My doctor has emphasized consistency-that even 20 minutes 5x a week is beneficial. Of course, if your doctor says something different, never mind!

I have read this as well and so don't feel that bad about not hitting that number regularly - I am just trying to walk at the moment and maybe beat my time or up it a little each day.

My woohoos are we made our Disney reservations for next summer-something to look forward to when we’re shoveling snow this winter! We’re also headed to the beach this weekend. Friday will bring heavy wind and some rain from Dorian, but Saturday and Sunday look beautiful. I so hope the storm doesn’t make landfall in the Carolinas. Those pictures from the Bahamas are heartbreaking.

Congratulations - jealousy here about your trip to Disney. That was one huge hurricane!

For my Woohoo Wednesday I had my first day at the new job and it was quite enjoyable. I'm excited to learn all the different jobs within my role and not sit behind a desk all day.

Glad you enjoyed your first day :)

Sorry to keep being the early bird and posting before the daily post. But if I don't do it now, I'll forget later.

Don't be sorry - we are all over the place with our different time zones and crazy busy lives - do it when you can :)

No wonder you haven’t been feeling well! Yay on losing 8lbs-that’s a great start! I’m going to fuss at you re 10,000 steps. That number was chosen by the makers of fitness devices, not doctors. My doctor has emphasized consistency-that even 20 minutes 5x a week is beneficial. Of course, if your doctor says something different, never mind!
Ha ha... I know the back-story of where 10,000 steps came from, but I still like to use it because in a normal work day I do between 6000 and 7000, so reaching 10,000 means a little extra work and intention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter