Stay Strong SEPTEMBER WISH Challenge

Well I am guilty of a few of those things and need to take some of the tips on board. I do try to fill up my water bottle and keep it handy - for some reason if its the weekend my tendency to reach for soft drink increases.

That's a good point. When I'm up and out the door, I fill a water bottle right away. When I'm sitting around at home, I tend to forget and have a second cup of coffee instead. :surfweb:

59ACAC54-EE6B-49F9-8B99-CDAE279D9E3C.jpeg
I am so sorry I disappeared last week-I went to the dr Friday because I felt awful and it turned out I had pneumonia. Had a couple miserable days (I am so rarely sick!) but medicine and rest have done their job and I am feeling better. The weather has been beautiful and I can just doze on the deck in my lounge like a lazy thing. Anyway, I will take one of the October weeks if needed.

PollyannaMom, I printed out the ponytail quote! I love it!

Great article-to be honest, retirement can feel like a perpetual weekend, which is why I gained those extra pounds over the three years. I had to get out of the mindset of glass of wine every night (because then you need cheese and crackers, right?), baking sweets that neither of needed and going out to lunch too often. I have time to shop and meal prep and that makes such a difference.

Last edited:
I am so sorry I disappeared last week-I went to the dr Friday because I felt awful and it turned out I had pneumonia. Had a couple miserable days (I am so rarely sick!) but medicine and rest have done their job and I am feeling better. The weather has been beautiful and I can just doze on the deck in my lounge like a lazy thing. Anyway, I will take one of the October weeks if needed.

Yikes - not good - appears you have been in good company, I was just watching ELLEN and Oprah was on and she just recently had pneumonia as well! Glad you are feeling better.

I am so sorry I disappeared last week-I went to the dr Friday because I felt awful and it turned out I had pneumonia. Had a couple miserable days (I am so rarely sick!) but medicine and rest have done their job and I am feeling better. The weather has been beautiful and I can just doze on the deck in my lounge like a lazy thing.
You definitely don't need to apologize for being sick! Glad you are feeling better. And I always find your positivity to be inspiring. Enjoy the time lounging on your deck as you recover! Sounds like your body needs the rest!

58F32F62-D016-4F82-A2B9-94CBAE394D7C.gif
Let’s hear those celebrations!

For me, I’m woohooing that I have been fitting in extra walks. I deciding to walk during baseball warmups instead of just sitting the in my chair for an extra hour. And last night, my husband and I walked at the park during our son’s baseball practice instead of driving back and forth. It’s not only helping me physically, but mentally as well! And the weather has been so nice! ☀️

I am woohoo that i finally got my MMR shot that i was supposed to get back in April. I also got the flu shot while I was at it. I am woohoo that DD is having such a great year. She is much happy and has had like no anxiety. It is making things much easier on me. She has also grown up some too. Up until a few nights ago she always wanted me to tuck he in at night. I always did as I knew one day this would stop. Well it looks like the time is now. I will miss this but it is a good step for her.

It’s Thankful Thursday!

I’m thankful that tomorrow is Friday. This has been one long week in both kindergarten and at home with high-schoolers.
I’m thankful for the nice weather!
I’m thankful for the positive, energetic, new teachers in our building this year!
I’m thankful for my children’s teachers (even the ones who are not their favorite, yet will challenge them and help them grow & learn). To add to that one, I’m thankful for last night’s opportunity to meet the teachers.
Finally (although the lack of organization has been the most frustrating part to this school year so far) I’m thankful that my daughter is enjoying playing field hockey and has really grown a lot so far this year in her position as goalie (and that I have a few mom friends to vent with when things get a little crazy...like losing 13-0 and then cancelling all practices before the next game 🤷🏻‍♀️).

*Sorry, I try to stay positive and I’m trying to find the things to be grateful for, but it isn’t always easy ;)

I am woohoo that i finally got my MMR shot that i was supposed to get back in April. I also got the flu shot while I was at it. I am woohoo that DD is having such a great year. She is much happy and has had like no anxiety. It is making things much easier on me. She has also grown up some too. Up until a few nights ago she always wanted me to tuck he in at night. I always did as I knew one day this would stop. Well it looks like the time is now. I will miss this but it is a good step for her.
I’m so glad your daughter is having a good year! It’s sometimes bitter sweet as they grow up. We miss what once was, but enjoy watching them grow as well! Good job, mama! 💕

View attachment 439037
It’s Thankful Thursday!

I’m thankful that tomorrow is Friday. This has been one long week in both kindergarten and at home with high-schoolers.
I’m thankful for the nice weather!
I’m thankful for the positive, energetic, new teachers in our building this year!
I’m thankful for my children’s teachers (even the ones who are not their favorite, yet will challenge them and help them grow & learn). To add to that one, I’m thankful for last night’s opportunity to meet the teachers.
Finally (although the lack of organization has been the most frustrating part to this school year so far) I’m thankful that my daughter is enjoying playing field hockey and has really grown a lot so far this year in her position as goalie (and that I have a few mom friends to vent with when things get a little crazy...like losing 13-0 and then cancelling all practices before the next game 🤷🏻‍♀️).

*Sorry, I try to stay positive and I’m trying to find the things to be grateful for, but it isn’t always easy ;)
The month of September can be such an adjustment-I would go to bed exhausted the first few weeks. My 9th graders were probably very similar to your kindergarters!

I’m very thankful to be feeling better and to find myself hardly ever sick. How fortunate I am!

Ugh! Last night DD tripped at soccer practice and hurt her bad ankle. She said she felt something move and now her heel hurts. This is a new pain. I am going out of state next week for a conference for work so I am trying to see if this is something to worry about. I would hate being away and leaving all for DH to deal with. I have a call into the doctor so i am just waiting for the call back. Part of me just wants to wait and see and the other wants to take her in to know for sure. Thankfully DD is walking and not complaining much about it. She didn't fight to go to school today.

Wow last week went by in a blur of some work at work and then some refurbishing some outdoor furniture - it is still a work in progress - 2 more chair to strip and sand but I have painted 2 chairs and started on the table.

Let’s hear those celebrations!

hmmm maybe some walking on the beach in the past week with the kids - some times just DD and sometimes all 3 of them.

It’s Thankful Thursday!

I am thankful for some downtime from work.

What’s everyone up to this weekend?

More furniture staining happened today plus a nap on the couch - I have been waking up early every day and then have trouble getting back to sleep - so that caught up with me. Tomorrow - more furniture refurb most likely. But would like a beach walk in the morning I think. Considering a movie - my mother wants to see an Aussie movie that has just come out called 'Ride Like A Girl' it is about a female jockey who won the Melbourne Cup a couple of years ago - first female to do so. Mum likes to have a bet on the horses every so often. The Melbourne Cup is a big race that basically everyone in the country watches and has lunches etc. at work - horses come from around the world to compete in it.

Ugh! Last night DD tripped at soccer practice and hurt her bad ankle. She said she felt something move and now her heel hurts. This is a new pain. I am going out of state next week for a conference for work so I am trying to see if this is something to worry about. I would hate being away and leaving all for DH to deal with. I have a call into the doctor so i am just waiting for the call back. Part of me just wants to wait and see and the other wants to take her in to know for sure. Thankfully DD is walking and not complaining much about it. She didn't fight to go to school today.

Oh no - hope she is ok - after just recovering from all that foot pain from her other issue. Sending good vibes your way :)

Oh and if we are out of people I will do the week that I think is still sitting spare for October....

My woohoo and thankful and weekend plans are all the same - parents' weekend at DS's college! I'm here now in the hotel room, chilling for bit before we need to go meet DS and his roommate to take them out to breakfast. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!