Stayed at RIV pre cruise, PVB post. First time for both

BamaGuy44

DIS Veteran
So DW and I did a cruise on the Wish, September 19-23. We had a great time, I may put up a separate cruise TR.

We booked it over a year ago, and we rented points for 2 nights at RIV SV Studio pre-cruise at 11 months in October before we bought into DVC last December. We wanted to do a day at Epcot to try out GOTG. It was our first stay there and we LOVED it. Love the vibe, the compact footprint, the decor, the design of the rooms, and the Skyliner. Makes me sad we can’t book it with our resale points 🙁

We left home, about 9 hours drive from WDW, around noon on Friday. Did a stopover in Lake City, FL and then drove the remainder to RIV on Saturday morning.

We arrived around 10:30 am, dropped our luggage and headed to Ohana for breakfast. We love Ohana breakfast and it didn’t disappoint. Then did some shopping at DS and explored the resort until dinner time. Took the Skyliner to Epcot and walked to the new Boardwalk Deli to try it out. Thumbs up from both of us.

Sunday took the Skyliner to Epcot. Got boarding group 6 right at 7 am and also bought the ILL$ so we could ride twice. Ride is amazing IMO. One of my favorites in Orlando despite the fact it made me a bit queasy. Ate at several of the F&W booths at various times. Skyliner back to RIV after a nice Epcot day. Monday morning checked out and headed to Port Canaveral.

Got off the cruise 8am Friday and drove to Poly, where we had booked 1 night in a SV using our points. We had tickets to MNSSHP Friday night, and we wanted to be at MK by 4 when they let the party tickets enter. We were prepared with changes of clothes in case our room wasn’t ready, but being able to shower and change in the room would be preferable obviously.

We talked to the great CM at the desk and let them know our situation and we would take any SV that was ready whenever. He said he couldn’t make any promises and we totally understood that. Well before we could even get changed into swim suits and out to the pool, we got the text we had a room. Awesome!

We were in Pago Pago, 3rd floor. Loved the size and layout of the studio. We already knew we loved the vibe and food and theming of the Poly having been there many times, but had never booked there. Only semi negative to us is how spread out it is.

We changed, and went down relaxed at the Lava pool and got some Dole Whips until time to head to MK. Walked out the door of Pago Pago and right onto the path to TTC. Monorail to MK. Villa Door to tapping into the park: about 12 minutes. We said that had to be a record for us, we’ll try to beat it if we stay at BC or BLT 😎

Left MK shortly after the fireworks, very minimal line for the monorail, back to our room very quickly. Checkout morning we mobile ordered from Kona Cafe and finally tried the famous Tonga Toast. Amazing as expected!

Nobody ever knocked on our door or tried to rush us out and we left just a little before 11am. (None of that at RIV either) Sadly that was the end of a very fun and memorable trip! Thanks for reading!

So DW and I did a cruise on the Wish, September 19-23. We had a great time, I may put up a separate cruise TR.

We booked it over a year ago, and we rented points for 2 nights at RIV SV Studio pre-cruise at 11 months in October before we bought into DVC last December. We wanted to do a day at Epcot to try out GOTG. It was our first stay there and we LOVED it. Love the vibe, the compact footprint, the decor, the design of the rooms, and the Skyliner. Makes me sad we can’t book it with our resale points 🙁

We left home, about 9 hours drive from WDW, around noon on Friday. Did a stopover in Lake City, FL and then drove the remainder to RIV on Saturday morning.

We arrived around 10:30 am, dropped our luggage and headed to Ohana for breakfast. We love Ohana breakfast and it didn’t disappoint. Then did some shopping at DS and explored the resort until dinner time. Took the Skyliner to Epcot and walked to the new Boardwalk Deli to try it out. Thumbs up from both of us.

Sunday took the Skyliner to Epcot. Got boarding group 6 right at 7 am and also bought the ILL$ so we could ride twice. Ride is amazing IMO. One of my favorites in Orlando despite the fact it made me a bit queasy. Ate at several of the F&W booths at various times. Skyliner back to RIV after a nice Epcot day. Monday morning checked out and headed to Port Canaveral.

Got off the cruise 8am Friday and drove to Poly, where we had booked 1 night in a SV using our points. We had tickets to MNSSHP Friday night, and we wanted to be at MK by 4 when they let the party tickets enter. We were prepared with changes of clothes in case our room wasn’t ready, but being able to shower and change in the room would be preferable obviously.

We talked to the great CM at the desk and let them know our situation and we would take any SV that was ready whenever. He said he couldn’t make any promises and we totally understood that. Well before we could even get changed into swim suits and out to the pool, we got the text we had a room. Awesome!

We were in Pago Pago, 3rd floor. Loved the size and layout of the studio. We already knew we loved the vibe and food and theming of the Poly having been there many times, but had never booked there. Only semi negative to us is how spread out it is.

We changed, and went down relaxed at the Lava pool and got some Dole Whips until time to head to MK. Walked out the door of Pago Pago and right onto the path to TTC. Monorail to MK. Villa Door to tapping into the park: about 12 minutes. We said that had to be a record for us, we’ll try to beat it if we stay at BC or BLT 😎

Left MK shortly after the fireworks, very minimal line for the monorail, back to our room very quickly. Checkout morning we mobile ordered from Kona Cafe and finally tried the famous Tonga Toast. Amazing as expected!

Nobody ever knocked on our door or tried to rush us out and we left just a little before 11am. (None of that at RIV either) Sadly that was the end of a very fun and memorable trip! Thanks for reading!
Sounds like the perfect trip! We love that quick trip to MK from our Poly DVC too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter