Staying at a Disneylnad Partner hotel and arrival if we miss last the limo bus

ryankski

Mouseketeer
We are looking to stay at probably the Oriental Hotel Tokyo Bay and we are flying into Narita with a landing time of 7:10 pm and according to the Limo bus website the last Limo Bus for this hotel leaves Narita around 8:30 pm. I'm going to assume we won't make through customs and have our luggage in time to make this bus. Additionally, we fly out of Tokyo at 9:00 am and the earliest Limo bus from this hotel is 6:40 am which again doesn't seem to work (arrive at the airport around 7:40 am for an international flight). This hotel is right next to the Shin-Urayasu station.

So my questions are the best way to get to this hotel without taking a taxi. I'm thinking the train would be the best route and what I'm leaning towards, but what are some other options? We will most likely have two suitcases (a carry on size and then a larger/medium size) Also what would be a resource for figuring out how to get their by train? I'm assuming I need to take a train or bus to the Tokyo Station and then can get to the Shin-Urayasu. What ever option I choose I will need to do it for the return to Narita around 5:00-6:00 am.

Finally, I'm also looking into the Hotel Mystays Maihama which means we would need to get to the Maihama station and then it looks like we could walk to the park in morning. Are the parks walkable from this hotel and would this train station/hotel be easier to get to the the above one train (or whatever transportation method we choose)?

If it matters here is more of our trip plans. We are flying into Tokyo Oct 13th and leaving on the 16th for Sydney. We are returning to Tokyo on Oct 23rd (Monday) for Disney and leaving to head back to the U.S. on the 26th (Thursday). Appreciate any help/insight.

For train routing:
www.hyperdia.com

Here's a discussion of the various options (unfortunately, none of it sounds fun :():
https://www.disboards.com/threads/narita-to-the-tokyo-disney-resort-area.3024618/

If you don't want to schlep the large luggage, you can look into the luggage delivery service to your hotel (about $20 USD and will arrive the next day). Narita is very efficient though, so you might make the last limo bus.

One more option is a private transfer I remember seeing in another thread, expensive, but cheaper than a taxi:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/websites-for-booking-hotels-limo-bus.3611424/

Personally, I would consider spending the last night in an airport hotel close to Narita before flying back. The luggage delivery services also deliver to the airports, so you could check out of your hotel close to Disney in the morning, arrange for the luggage being sent to the airport for pick up the next day. Then take your hand luggage with you to the park and put it in a locker at the park or in the train station. At the end of the park day, make the train journey to Narita, check into your airport hotel, the next morning pick up your luggage and drop it off again immediately.

Just a note, you need to send luggage 36-48 hours in advance to the airport when you are flying out. I've personally never had a problem with takyuubin losing my luggage or it not arriving and I don't know anyone else who has ever had such a problem, but for their own protection they require at least 36 hours before your International flight. So if you takyuubin, your suitcase would arrive on Tuesday and you would have to then send it back nearly immediately.

I was surprised at how quickly I made it through Narita last trip, but I still took the train between Narita and my Tokyo Disney Hotel because it was "free" with my rail pass. The trip to Tokyo Station from Narita is really easy, but the Keiyo line is a crowded and much further trek through the station than I remembered from the NEX line. The good news is, if you miss the 8:30 bus, by the time you arrive in Tokyo Station, it will be late enough that the station won't be in rush hour mode, making your trip through the station easier.

I love Hyperdia, but one caveat, it often looks for the fastest+cheapest route. Going to Maihama, I am pretty sure they recommend the Private Keisi line and then a transfer. It is faster by 10-15 minutes, just make sure you feel comfortable with the short walk to change from the Keisi Station to the JR Station and look at Google Maps first. I had suitcases and thought JR Tokyo Station would be easier and again, free. I probably should have done things differently.

One thing you could do, is hope to make the bus and if that doesn't happen, then takyuubin your luggage and then take the train. You will have the chance to try for the bus first. There are buses to Tokyo Station/hotels near Tokyo Station, I think unless you take one of the special 1000 yen buses, the bus fare will be higher than if you took the train, since I think most of the buses are a set price of ~3000 yen. If you do take the NEX, please be aware they offer a discounted roundtrip ticket so that instead of the 6000 yen or so it looks like it's only 4000 yen. The JR East Page will have info on that.

I didn't walk to Sea but I found walking between Maihama/Iskspiari and Tokyo Disneyland/Tokyo Disneyland Hotel super easy. The walk is very straightforward and has an elevated pedestrian path, so there are no traffic lights or cars to worry about. It's fairly obvious, just head towards the giant Disneystore and then keep going. It's a wide path and had lots of use and was well lit at night.

I think Tokyo Station as well as Narita Airport have left luggage services, so if you didn't need your larger suitcase, you might be able to leave it at one of these services for your time in Japan and just rely on your carry on. I think you can leave bags for 5 days which you should be fine on..there is of course a fee. It's another possibility outside of takyuubin if you feel comfortable doing that.

Just a note, you need to send luggage 36-48 hours in advance to the airport when you are flying out. I've personally never had a problem with takyuubin losing my luggage or it not arriving and I don't know anyone else who has ever had such a problem, but for their own protection they require at least 36 hours before your International flight. So if you takyuubin, your suitcase would arrive on Tuesday and you would have to then send it back nearly immediately.......

I think Tokyo Station as well as Narita Airport have left luggage services, so if you didn't need your larger suitcase, you might be able to leave it at one of these services for your time in Japan and just rely on your carry on. I think you can leave bags for 5 days which you should be fine on..there is of course a fee. It's another possibility outside of takyuubin if you feel comfortable doing that.

I didn't even think of looking at left luggage at Narita! Whatever I end up booking I think this is going to be the route we go as long as the cost seems reasonable. Thanks for that idea!

For train routing:
www.hyperdia.com

Here's a discussion of the various options (unfortunately, none of it sounds fun :():
https://www.disboards.com/threads/narita-to-the-tokyo-disney-resort-area.3024618/

If you don't want to schlep the large luggage, you can look into the luggage delivery service to your hotel (about $20 USD and will arrive the next day). Narita is very efficient though, so you might make the last limo bus.

One more option is a private transfer I remember seeing in another thread, expensive, but cheaper than a taxi:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/websites-for-booking-hotels-limo-bus.3611424/

Thank you! looking at this now!

Also another quick question regarding the trains. I saw something that said trains start running at 5:00 am. As we will need to probably leave between 5:00 and 5:30 am for our 9:00 am flight (not sure how busy Narita is in the morning). Will a train leave the station (either Maihama or Shin-Urayasu) at this time or do they start running at 5:00 from a main station (say Tokyo or Shinjuku station)? I'm sure it depends on where the trains are stopped for the few hours of down time and I guess that's what I'm wondering about.

Also another quick question regarding the trains. I saw something that said trains start running at 5:00 am. As we will need to probably leave between 5:00 and 5:30 am for our 9:00 am flight (not sure how busy Narita is in the morning). Will a train leave the station (either Maihama or Shin-Urayasu) at this time or do they start running at 5:00 from a main station (say Tokyo or Shinjuku station)? I'm sure it depends on where the trains are stopped for the few hours of down time and I guess that's what I'm wondering about.

Using Hyperdia, the earliest train out of Maihama is the 5:13, if you don't mind walking and a few transfers you can catch the Keisi Skyliner out of Ueno at 5:58 and be in Narita by 6:48. The earliest NEX is at 6:15 I think? When I flew out of Narita in July 2017, the 2 hours I gave myself in Narita was plenty of time. I only regret I didn't go through Customs earlier because they were offering a free woodblock painting class but you needed 45 minutes before boarding and we only had 25. ~.~

Definitely look into left luggage, the less luggage you have the easier it is to travel. :) I want to say it shouldn't be more than 800 yen a day.

Oh! And in terms of other options to get to the airport there are also the 1000 yen buses.

See: http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/
and
Keisi Tokyo Shuttle (the link I have doesn't copy well)

(I read a review of both here: http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/02/...cheaper-than-the-train-but-which-bus-is-best/ )

Outside of price, one plus of these buses is they depart from the yaesu side of Tokyo Station which is the same side as the Keiyo line is on vs. the NEX which is on the Marounochi side.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter