Staying at a non-Disney hotel??

the_princess

DIS Veteran
I'm planning our upcoming trip to Japan next year and have managed to convince my boyfriend to go to Disneyland for a few days. We are staying in the area for 3 nights and want to find a cheap hotel since we will be in Disneyland all day. This is a part of a longer vacation to Japan, so fancy hotels has already been considered for other parts of the trip.
I have been looking at Mystays Maihama which seems to be walking distance from the parks. It has everything we need, but the only problem is, that it's not a part of the official hotels, so there is no guaranteed access to the parks.
Now my question is, is this something I should be worried about? Are the parks so busy that there is a chance that they will close? We are going on the 22nd to the 25th of May, but will only go to the parks on the 23rd and 24th.

You can buy your tickets in advance online and then swap the paper print out for regular passes for a small fee (200 yen each from memory).

You have absolutely no worries about getting into the park on your dates. Approx. 25,000 people are expected to attend each of your dates, and I wouldn't worry until it hits 60K or more. That is judging mostly by attendance of the same dates from this year, but also looking forward to next year's dates. your dates are low attendance for sure. I've been there on 46k days, which is crowded but still you can do everyhting with the smart use of fastpasses.

FYI- the busiest times of the year are New Years, the last week of March, the first week of May, second week of August, and Fall weekends. Outside of that, there is not a problem.

Here is the best crowd calendar, in Japanese. You don't need to understand Japanese (I don't). The number associated with each date is attendance in the thousands:

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

You have absolutely no worries about getting into the park on your dates. Approx. 25,000 people are expected to attend each of your dates, and I wouldn't worry until it hits 60K or more. That is judging mostly by attendance of the same dates from this year, but also looking forward to next year's dates. your dates are low attendance for sure. I've been there on 46k days, which is crowded but still you can do everyhting with the smart use of fastpasses.

FYI- the busiest times of the year are New Years, the last week of March, the first week of May, second week of August, and Fall weekends. Outside of that, there is not a problem.

Here is the best crowd calendar, in Japanese. You don't need to understand Japanese (I don't). The number associated with each date is attendance in the thousands:

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

Thank you, it's nice to know that I'm going in low season when I only have one day in each park :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter