Staying in a vacation home rental

hlrubin507

Mouseketeer
Thinking of coming out to FL for an extended stay (4 weeks). in December to enjoy Orlando and of course visit Disney and Universal. Please give me your suggestions for the areas to search that hit a sweet spot of convenience to Disney and affordability. We could be looking for 3+ bedrooms with a private pool, super clean, and updated. Thank you so much!

If Windsor Hills meets your budget requirements, great, it is very close to WDW.

If you are looking for a bit more value look at the northern corner of Davenport along 27 in the Champions Gate and Four Corners areas. You will find a lot of 4 and some 5 bedroom homes with a pool for less than $150/night.

For an extended stay it might be worth asking for a bit of a discount. Rental occupancy is usually low in the early part of December. Also, book sooner rather than later as the holiday week can, in typical years, fill up early.

We've stayed onsite before, and much prefer staying offsite. We always do Windsor Hills. You can find something in your budget there. They have condos, townhouses, and full houses. You get SO much more for your money there and it's so convenient (also safe, it's gated).

Suggestions for convenient access to both WDW and Universal Studios? Thanks
If there isn't bad traffic, it's about a 20-25 minute drive between Disney's Magic Kingdom park and the Universal parks, so they are pretty close. I don't think of that as a bad drive. Windsor Hills would be about that same commute time to Universal. Most of the others home rental communities mentioned earlier would be fairly similar in terms of commuting time to Universal (maybe a few minutes longer). Google maps is a good source for looking at that.

If you are looking to rent a timeshare condo, those near SeaWorld are in between the Disney and Universal parks (e.g. Hilton Grand Vacation Club Seaworld is one we've liked and have stayed at before). We like to go to the SeaWorld park too and it's walking distance to that. And there are timeshare condos right near Universal parks too (Sunshine resort, for example). We have stayed there before too and really liked it. Most of the home communities that do the short term rentals are closer to Disney than Universal (or at least this is what I've seen when looking). (I believe that short term rentals are not allowed in Orlando unless place is owner occupied or something like that, so that has a lot to do with this.

Emerald Island, Sunset Lakes,Indian Creek, Oak Island, Windsor Palms and Rolling Hills in the Windsor Hills area. Always find Indian Creek to be a good deal. Vacation homes are individually owned so vary in updates. Find one that looks like it’s been updated recently. Indian Creek has no community clubhouse /pool but we don’t use one anyway.

if you're looking at vrbo, we have stayed in several houses that are like 5-10min from the parks. search "rolling hills at Formosa Gardens." We didn't stay in the gated subdivisions, or condo complexes with a main clubhouse. Also about 5min from Walmart, which was super convenient for groceries.

Emerald Island, Sunset Lakes,Indian Creek, Oak Island, Windsor Palms and Rolling Hills in the Windsor Hills area. Always find Indian Creek to be a good deal. Vacation homes are individually owned so vary in updates. Find one that looks like it’s been updated recently. Indian Creek has no community clubhouse /pool but we don’t use one anyway.
@sympatico, what websites do you use to book these rentals? I've checked VRBO and Airbnb, but wondering if there are also other good options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter