Staying on Rented points

CatNipRules

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I'm staying on rented points for 2 weeks starting October 27th. Called today to remove someone from my reservation and add the dining plan.

The company I'm renting from told me that the dining plan won't show up in MDE. That it will be added upon checking in. Just wanted to make sure that this is normal.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but I couldn't find exactly where to post it.

True that it won't show up on MDE but I don't quite understand the "added upon check-in" comment. It needs to be added at least 48 hours ahead of time.

True that it won't show up on MDE but I don't quite understand the "added upon check-in" comment. It needs to be added at least 48 hours ahead of time.
She said something about it will be added to my magic band and that it will show up after I check in.

She said something about it will be added to my magic band and that it will show up after I check in.

Well, also not quite right but as long as they reserved it for you and took the payment it should be taken care of.

(FWIW - nothing is "stored" on a MB. The MB simply accesses your MDE account and other info on you)

When I have added the dining plan to a DVC reservation, it showed up when I accessed my reservation on MDE. It said it was a reservation with the plan added. So, if the owner has added for you, then it should update if you have attached your reservation to your MDE account. At least that is what happened for my August trip. I added about 3 weeks before. I got a new confirmation email showing the change. Of course, I am the owner, so its possible that it has something to do with that. But, I definitely got something that showed I want from a room only reservation to one with the dining plan added.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!