Steampunk Haunted Mansion Wedding 2016

The gentlemen and lady making up the groom's side of the wedding party are so awesome. They've been great sports and very helpful so far! The Best Man has chosen a napoleonic soldier kind of look. I'm hoping to find a good pattern for this:
[/URL

And these seem like good potential pants:
[URL=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/EleishebaNacht/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06/06e1565a-3294-4454-91be-1e268ccbc948_zps8a5ed87a.png.html]

That's actual the picture for a pattern.

The second groomsman is deciding between an engineer and a pilot look:

~or~

Perhaps these pants:

With a nifty little gadget like this:

The groomswoman is my awesome, awesome cousin, Bridget. She's thinking about a kind of a photographer look. I thought this would be awesome:

The woman on the right. Apologies to the people in the photograph. I don't actually know them.

I commissioned the very, very talented Alexandra Howard of Arkana Clothing to make the boutonnières because I fell in love with her work. They are so perfect!
When I told her I wanted to put pics up here she even made me a special pretty pic!

The themes are Flight, Time, Electricity and Nautical

More of her work can be found at:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheArkanaWorkshop?ref=ss_profile
~or~
http://www.morethanhorror.com/store/TheArkanaWorkshop

So cool, right?!?

She even sent a very in depth care FAQ! Good stuff!
Everyone but DF wanted Time (Including me! None for the bride! Grrrr) so I had them pick a number between one and ten. Lame! Couldn't think of anything else, though. At least it wasn't a fight over Flight! DF got his free and clear. Going up to MI in a week or so, but I'll try to have something cool up here after that. Something liiiiiiiiiiike...Steampunk Haunted Mansion Wedding (of doom): Save The Date! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Hi there!

I got so excited when I saw the theme of your wedding! We are planning a Wishes wedding for December 2015 and are leaning toward a Haunted Mansion or Nightmare Before Christmas theme.

I don't know if you have run across this particular vendor when you've visited the Ren Faires out there or not, but I wanted to point you in their direction just in case:

http://www.damseldress.com/

I personally have never purchased or worn anything from them, but I have several friends who have (including one who used them for her and her bridal party's attire for her wedding a couple years ago).

Happy planning!

Hey, just had to comment on this one...looks like you have some great things planned. Good luck and best wishes.

*Squee* Twinkybel81, that shop is AWESOME! I am definitely adding it to my favorites! :jumping1:

Airship Ariadne, thank you, and I LOVE your name :teeth:

I love your theme and all your DIY plans! I'm crazy about Halloween and can't wait to see all your elements tied together!

Happy planning!

Thank you, Mrs.Duck! I'm gonna try really hard to make my vision a reality!

ForeverAlice, you're really close and I do love Sweeney Todd. That dress is from the tail end of Sleepy Hollow, another Tim Burton period film starring Johnny Depp and buckets of blood. Can't imagine how one would be able to confuse that, right? :rotfl:

If you are looking for Steampunk music for your reception, I strongly recommend picking up "The Great Promenade of Fools and Ghosts" by The Marquis of Vaudeville...available on Amazon and iTunes...a great band that mix the steampunk flavor with a dose of Bowie and Cure inspired rock. They play most of the steampuck festivals in the southwest, as well as many comicons in general, they also did the music for the short movie The Mechanical Grave.

Their website is still under construction (the store part isn't active yet) but you can see some of their videos and hear the music before purchasing the CD.

http://marquisofvaudeville.com/

Love the looks the men in your wedding party are going for...they will look really good.

I think the photographer idea is really great too, she'll look terrific!

Those boutonnieres are AMAZING! Too funny that everyone (except for your DH) wanted the same one...I think pick a number is fair...but really, they're all very cool!

looking forward to next updates!

Brooke

Airship Ariadne, Oh. Em. Gee. That is absolutely the best steampunk band I've heard! I've now written it into my music list. Thank you very much!:yay:

Brooke, thank you! The boutonnières really are so cool, so nobody complained about not getting their first pick. Lucky me!

Can anybody tell me how to do that thing where you put a quote in your post in yellow? Tech savvy I am not.

Oh my gosh!!! We love your theme!! We can't wait to see how everything turns out! The steampunk look is so gorgeous and so cool!

I was listening to Carrie's Bridal Showcase 2014 podcast this morning on my way to work and I heard you on there! So glad you were able to go to the showcase. :) We flew in that night, so we didn't get to go.

Airship Ariadne, Oh. Em. Gee. That is absolutely the best steampunk band I've heard! I've now written it into my music list. Thank you very much!:yay: Brooke, thank you! The boutonnières really are so cool, so nobody complained about not getting their first pick. Lucky me! Can anybody tell me how to do that thing where you put a quote in your post in yellow? Tech savvy I am not.

To quote a post

If on an iPhone or iPad click on the post and then select quote and it will start at new post with the other post quoted at the top
If on a regular computer or laptop each post has a little quote button on the top right... Select that and you will be good to go... I don't know how to quote multiple people in one post so hopefully someone else can help us both!

Your wedding sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome looking :) Also, it's nice to see another 2016 bride :lmao: I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter