Still enjoying the magic

allybabba98

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I wanted to write a mini report about our recent trip. We just returned late Friday, early Saturday morning from our trip.
There were six of us in total, my DH, DS (10), DS (7), DS (5), MIL and myself. We had recently lost my FIL in May and extended an invitation to MIL and she accepted!

We live in Toronto but fly from Buffalo as we can save a little more than a thousand dollars so very worth it. The difference this time is that we left Saturday morning and drove to Buffalo and got on the 3:45pm flight. Normally we spend the night in Buffalo and get on the really early morning flight and then have that day to just relax.

This would be our third trip. The previous two times we have stayed at AofA which we loved. However, the moderate resort was actually cheaper for us as the family suite at AofA was just a bit more expensive.

So we get on the flight and about 20 minutes after landing my 5 year old falls and breaks his arm after he tripped on his bag. :sad:
This emoji is pretty much exactly how I was in the airport so if you passed some kid on a stretcher with a crying lady it was probably me.

My DH went with him in the ambulance while the rest of us made our way to MDE. Of course arriving there without 2 members of our party had them asking questions.

A very nice supervisor came out and spoke with me and said they were going to call a car for me and take me to the hospital and my kids and MIL would head to the resort. The car would also wait for us and take us to the resort when we finished.

The picture was him at the hospital after having his arm set :crazy2:

He was such a trooper the only issue is that we had to try to wake him up to take him back to the resort. After travelling all day and then all the medication it was very tough to wake him but eventually he came around and we were able to give him some juice that he kept down.

IMG_2228.jpg

Last edited:
The next morning we were supposed to be up and early for our Magic Kingdom day but that was not going to happen. About 4am he woke up in pain as the pain meds had worn off. Normally I am really good about packing medication but I forgot this time.
I called down to the front desk and was told the shop opened at 7am...so off I went about 6:50 in search of the shop. Never having stayed at POR I found the resort really BIG.
When I arrived at the store it actually did not open till 8am, however a lovely lady working the front desk helped me. She made a phone call and they went and got medicine for me!!
It could have been the haven't slept puffy eyed look I had going on, but she was just lovely.

Since being back I have emailed Disney to let them know how awesome their staff were and how they truly went above and beyond helping me out.

So I don't want to tell you what we cancelled on our Magic Kingdom day as I am a faithful reader and realize how tough it is to get certain fast passes. However, we had a 7DMT for 9:45am...it wasn't happening. Neither was meeting Mickey (which I was so excited about). We were all still so tired we needed to rest.

I posted on the DIS about this time and everyone was amazing at offering advice. Being far from home and not being able to keep my little guy from getting hurt was tough. Everyone on here was so kind and offered such great words of comfort. We ended up renting a stroller from Kingdom Strollers and can I just say I think we finally went online about 8pm that night and it was waiting for us at 7am the next morning.

So we did decide to go to Epcot. My older two love Test Track and were super pumped. This day was gorgeous and my little man did really well. I know kids bounce back but man they really bounce back!

IMG_2237.jpg

We kept our dining reservation at Garden Grill and there was so much food. I wasn't feeling great, I think with everything that happened and still being a bit tired. It makes me sad thinking of all that food but I just could not enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter