Still waiting for pin code email etc, just call Disney

NHBelle

DIS Veteran
Apparently if you have a sales code sent or being sent to you, it will come up along with your name address etc. in the Disney system. I finally got sick of waiting and called Disney Reservations and asked if there were any pin codes attached to my name and they looked and said no. So now the wait for me is over. I know nothing is coming my way. I am so dissapointed, because I am traveling on such a tight budget this year annd since we do all the character meals it gets so expensive. The free dining would have really been great for us, but oh well. At least now I know.

Don't give up so easily!! I called and the CM told me no, that the last pin I had attached to my name had expired last July. But she also told me that it is likely that I will get another one around the time of the year that the last one was issued and to keep calling. Don't know if she's right or not but I'm not going to give up! (We're going in mid-October!)

My friend got an email for the free My Way Dining plan. She has NEVER been to Disney while I have gone 4 times over the past 7 years. I called up CRO and asked if I could have the promo too, and they said no. Also, the CM looked at my name to see if I had any promos coming my way, and I dont.
This really makes me :confused3 . Why put out an offer that only a few people can have??

My 1st trip was last year and I'm going again in June. I have recieved 2 e-mail pins- one good for April which I couldn't use and the free dining in August which I couldn't use, so I'm paying rack rate for POP and paying for the dining. I feel like sometimes they are just playing with me. I do think that they send out these codes to get new people to come to Disney. That's why a lot of people who have never been get codes and the ones that go all the time don't.

mickeymousefan said:
My friend got an email for the free My Way Dining plan. She has NEVER been to Disney while I have gone 4 times over the past 7 years. I called up CRO and asked if I could have the promo too, and they said no. Also, the CM looked at my name to see if I had any promos coming my way, and I dont.
This really makes me :confused3 . Why put out an offer that only a few people can have??
You just answered your question. You go to Disney fairly often, so they don't need to entice you. You need to play hard to get. :teeth:

When I called to inquire about any PINs associated with my name, I specifically inquired about the MYW dining PIN. The cast member told me that those could not be looked up -- they were only being sent out via e-mail and they were only entered into the reservations system once the e-mail had been sent. So if you haven't gotten an e-mail, calling won't reveal anything. BUT the CM said that people were calling in each day with PINs so it seemd to her that the e-mails were being sent out gradually. (Which would make sense in terms of the impact on their reservations center....)

The PINs sent on postcards got/get downloaded into the system all at once. So when you "lose" (or don't receive) a post-card, you can call and may discover that there is indeed a code assocated with your household.

Brett

I was told the same thing. That I had gotten codes in the past (under maiden name and old married name), there was nothing currently, but keep trying back because we'd be likely to get one for around the same time. So I too am keeping my fingers crossed for our October trip! Sending pixie dust out to everyone waiting! Wouldn't it be great if we could ALL get codes :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter