Storage of cold grocery items if room not ready....

global_mom

DIS Veteran
Another of our one million questions before our first trip home to AKV in just 12 short days......:cool1:

We are driving in and plan to stop at Publix to get milk, juice, yogurt etc. We should arrive at the AKV around 1pm but I have read numerous threads about rooms not being ready until 5 or 6pm. What do you usually do with your cold items in this case? Will they keep them in our cooler in bell storage?

We have tix to MNSSHP on our arrival night so if the room is late being ready then we will want to head on over to MK. If we are gone for 9-10 hours then our items will spoil even in our cooler. :confused:

Yes, the Bell Staff will store any perishables in either the resort fridge or freezer - depending on the actual needs of your items. Just ask at the Bell stand once you know the status of your villa.

Enjoy!

Yes, the Bell Staff will store any perishables in either the resort fridge or freezer - depending on the actual needs of your items. Just ask at the Bell stand once you know the status of your villa.

Enjoy!

Perfect! Thanks Doc!! We hated to think about going to Publix late in the night as we like to get into our "Disney bubble" and not leave it until time to go home. ;)

We will ask for the proper storage if the room is not ready.

Thanks again!

Here's a follow-up question on the same topic:

My family will be going in late November for a 12 night stay. We'll be starting for one night in a studio, then moving the next day to a 2 BR when my parents and sister arrive. It will be more convenient for us to go grocery shopping the first day when we'll be in the studio, but considering we'll be stocking up for nearly 2 weeks I'm worried we'll have more than the little bar fridge in a studio may hold.

Will Bell Services keep our excess items overnight until we check in to the 2 BR the next day? I would assume yes, but does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter