Strategy AKL Club Level

We'll if everyone walks I guess it is back to first come first served but I think very far from all DVC members walk. I personally don't because I never want a specific room type badly enough to do it.

I have been tracking AKV cl studios for about 2 months now. I have not seen a single instance where the first day was available. I have no idea how I will ever be able to book this. I am trying for my parents 50th anniversary. I am losing hope that it will happen.

I have been tracking AKV cl studios for about 2 months now. I have not seen a single instance where the first day was available. I have no idea how I will ever be able to book this. I am trying for my parents 50th anniversary. I am losing hope that it will happen.

There are only five studios and if another member wants a two bedroom, one studio is already gone.

If only people are doing this, every week of the year is booked by fake dates. So, how does anyone get any dates they need if enough people are walking? I just don't understand how you could ever get what you need if everyone is booking up fake dates. What am I not understanding in this?

In a perfect world, I understand this, but with 1,000s of members, don't you end up with a situation where there is never a start date that gives you seven consecutive dates to book?

Please help me understand why mathematically this does not result is everyone blocking each other and no dates that anyone really wants being available.

Thanks,
Dreams

Because there are many of us that don't walk - and actually almost nothing needs to be walked in order to guarantee you get it at 11 months. And if I don't get something at 11 months I wait for the walkers to keep on walking and I just book a few days later. :rolleyes1

This is exactly what I observing over the last ten days. Thus, my question.

Because there are many of us that don't walk - and actually almost nothing needs to be walked in order to guarantee you get it at 11 months. And if I don't get something at 11 months I wait for the walkers to keep on walking and I just book a few days later. :rolleyes1

But if only 52 people are walking at one resort, nothing is ever able to be booked.

I'm just trying to understand how to work within this little trick so often discussed here. Not sure the "rolleyes" emoticon was necessary. I'm just trying to learn.

- Dreams

This is exactly what I observing over the last ten days. Thus, my question.

But if only 52 people are walking at one resort, nothing is ever able to be booked.

I'm just trying to understand how to work within this little trick so often discussed here. Not sure the "rolleyes" emoticon was necessary. I'm just trying to learn.

- Dreams

Well - I think the fact that if you just wait a few days for the walkers to get past the dates you want doesn't make a rolleyes emoticon bad but apparently you are taking it the wrong way and I apologize. It had nothing to do with your question. It has to do with the process and for the majority of rooms the non-necessity to walk.

I am missing though what you are referring to with the specific 52 number? And do you ever look back in the days at the days you were checking? I have and have often seen days open back up although I was looking at a different time just for curiosity.

Overall what I stated is why it doesn't matter - there aren't that many people that will go thru the bother. Also DVC is meant to be filled at all times of the year so not everyone is trying for one particular time - it's more about averages and overall the majority of owners won't walk - or probably even know about walking.

..But if only 52 people are walking at one resort, nothing is ever able to be booked. ...

You mean one member for each week? Not everyone wants a week and some want longer than a week. Not everyone books Sat to Sat. And there are five two bedroom lockoffs.

Plus not that many walk the reservation. I'd bet most members don't even think about that. They probably don't even stalk the website.

Frankly I can't be bothered walking - Club levels are 'ok' but, for us, they are only worth 'paying' for if you're not going to the parks. That's a lot of pts just for coffee, some treats, a beverage and someone who print your boarding pass. We don't do FP's much either :confused3

Meanwhile - congratulations on getting what you wanted - that was a lot of work so ENJOY! :cheer2:

I booked one online 0800 on the 19th October and walked it forward 3 days. I observed as you've done that it's pretty hard to snag one at ALL so I decided to grab it any time up to 4 days from when I wanted it. It seems to me we're reaching the walking event horizon that you described with AKV club level rooms. This is my first (and likely only) trip with my parents so I thought it would be worth it, but I can't see myself trying to book club level again.

Does MS get annoyed that you keep calling daily to do this? I'm looking for a 1 bd in early-mid Nov. My booking window is when I'm at WDW. Nothing like being at rope drop and calling MS. I guess there are worse problems to have :rotfl:

Member services never said a word. It was a bit of a pain calling every day, but for my big "five oh" I really wanted CL, so I did it. Not sure I'd do it again in the future, but it worked for me this trip.

Susan

KAT4DISNEY said:
Well - I think the fact that if you just wait a few days for the walkers to get past the dates you want doesn't make a rolleyes emoticon bad but apparently you are taking it the wrong way and I apologize. It had nothing to do with your question. It has to do with the process and for the majority of rooms the non-necessity to walk.

I am missing though what you are referring to with the specific 52 number? And do you ever look back in the days at the days you were checking? I have and have often seen days open back up although I was looking at a different time just for curiosity.

Overall what I stated is why it doesn't matter - there aren't that many people that will go thru the bother. Also DVC is meant to be filled at all times of the year so not everyone is trying for one particular time - it's more about averages and overall the majority of owners won't walk - or probably even know about walking.

Thanks for clarifying. I bought you were rolling your eyes at ME, not the concept of waiting for walkers to pass by.

With the 52, I'm envisioning if 52 people out there are each walking a week, the result is a booking gridlock where no one can book anything.

Good tip to look back a few days later at "first" days that could not be booked.

I thinking walking gives me a headache, LOL.

- Dreams

Thanks for clarifying. I bought you were rolling your eyes at ME, not the concept of waiting for walkers to pass by.

With the 52, I'm envisioning if 52 people out there are each walking a week, the result is a booking gridlock where no one can book anything.

Good tip to look back a few days later at "first" days that could not be booked.

I thinking walking gives me a headache, LOL.

- Dreams

Actually more like 260 for a studio or two bedroom. Add another 260 for the one bedroom. But that's not going to happen.

I actually got the full week of December 8th to 15th at AKV CL and didn't walk it. Logged on the first day and it was gone. So I waitlisted the first day, and sure enough thanks to people walking it was booked for me the next day. So I kept waitlisting each day, and as walkers dropped a day I got mine. Worked out perfectly.

We would have preferred a one bedroom(2 adults and 4 year old ) but are happy to have gotten 9 nights starting late sept and into oct in a cl studio. Good luck to you. I sure wish they would offer more dvc cl.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I actually got the full week of December 8th to 15th at AKV CL and didn't walk it. Logged on the first day and it was gone. So I waitlisted the first day, and sure enough thanks to people walking it was booked for me the next day. So I kept waitlisting each day, and as walkers dropped a day I got mine. Worked out perfectly.

This is what I was hoping to do. I am wondering if it is better to wait list day by day or the whole week if only the first day or two was not available.

We didn't walk our reservation.

We have a studio CL at AKV from 3/28-4/5/14.

We were ready had all the information filled in and ready to go 5 min before the DVC booking website opened. My husband kept refreshing the page with F5 or something like that on the keyboard.

When it opened an became available we booked ASAP! We had to call the next day to add the last day but we got it.

We are looking forward to our visit!

I got July 2nd - 10th 1 bedroom and I did walk it! The CM's do not get upset at all as a matter of fact it was a CM who told me to walk the reservation and how to do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter