Strategy for receiving more pin codes?

Ladyandthepuppies

DIS Veteran
I think I am going to book our full-price Dec 2018 trip this week, we are interested in staying at the Contemporary so free dining wasn't an option this year. I was recently sent a pin code but it won't match our dates.

I followed all kinds of tips for how to get a pin code and I'm optimistic that maybe Disney would send me another in the future that matches our dates, but I really doubt they would send me a new pin code if I've already booked a trip this year. So I'm wondering if it would be worth it to create a new MDE account under a different email and under my husband's name? And then the MDE account and email that got the first pin code might get sent another that we could use for our Dec trip? Or will the computer realize the mailing address is the same and stop sending me codes...

The PIN code is one of the great mysteries of life! No one can tell you how you get one or how to increase your chances. There really is no pattern.

And, yes, I've actually received them when I've already had a trip booked--for the exact time that I'm already booked!

I was receiving them for a while....now i have gotten nothing in a while. There are many threads trying to figure out the mystery of pin codes.

Haha I love "the mystery" of pin codes! I will say that I have had a MDE account for over a year and just got my first pin code when I started making an effort to get one and following tips from different blogs. I guess I will just book our trip from my own account, hopefully there will be RO discounts released in July for the Dec dates anyway!

Been going to Disney for 31 years. Not one pin code.

@Jadyreen1282 have you been "trying"? I booked restaurant reservations and canceled them, requested free videos (and watched the videos), and logged in to my account and priced out trips up to the confirm screen, but didn't book. I also checked the option to receive all marketing emails within my MDE account (I think that one's crucial, they can't email you a pin if you request not to receive emails.) I did all of the above things several times and got sent a pin after maybe 3 months of trying. Of course, the pin didn't include my travel dates (Dec 2018) but I'm going to keep on trying these methods and see what happens. I'm thinking in July I might create a new account with a different email and start doing all those things I listed above again. I will update this post if I get sent any more pins, one more clue to the "mystery of the pin codes"! :daisy:

I got a PIN code for me ONCE for an offer for exactly the same time as a current reservation I had, so didn't use it.

I've gotten a bunch of PINs to my work email address, but it lists my mother and somehow my younger son. One time, I was able to use it.

I've gotten mailed PINs at home in my boss's name. There was once a reservation for a conference that I had to transfer to him.

I've never received a pin code, despite doing all of the usual tips and tricks. *But* I also have an annual pass and the discounts/dates for passholders have worked for us.

I've heard that lots of people don't receive any pin codes, then they don't renew their annual pass and suddenly start receiving pin codes via snail mail or email. My annual pass (first ever) expires this summer, and I'm not sure I'm going in 2019 anyway, so I am curious about lapsing in renewal.

I got a PIN code about a month ago, but it wasn't available for the rooms we wanted for our upcoming trip. Then the day that the FD & RO discounts came out, I tried again. IT WORKED! I couldn't believe it. The AP discount offered at the time was a good deal, but the PIN code actually gave us a better room only rate than even the AP rate. (difference between the two rates was about $18/day. Hey $18 x 6 nights = $108 difference. Heck, I'll take another $108 in savings off a trip that is already costing us an arm and a leg)

~D

We've been going to Disney for 25 years. Never got a code. Not one. Then, this year, my mom got a pin code at my sisters address. We already had the summer discount, but I called to check to see if it could be applied. BUT.. the pin code was LESS than the Summer Discount. The room was going to cost almost $100 more with the pin code. So obviously we didn't use it.

The PIN code is one of the great mysteries of life! No one can tell you how you get one or how to increase your chances. There really is no pattern.

And, yes, I've actually received them when I've already had a trip booked--for the exact time that I'm already booked!

^^ This. I get PINs all the time, the one time I DIDN'T get a PIN is when we didn't have a trip booked and was hoping for one. I also seem to be the only one in my travelling party that gets PINs consistently althought we all travel together, have Disney cards, etc.

Dd ordered an info DVD with her college dorm address and new email. She has been getting them since (5 years now). I just called and changed address explaining she lives at home vs dorm. Also our accounts are linked so I can use it too.

I would order a DVD and mail to home or work address if possible.

It seemed like I used to get pin codes, both email and snail mail variety, with some regularity, and even managed to use one back in 2010. But, I haven't had one in probably 3+ years and our last visit to WDW was 2015. I'm in the Disney Movie Club, Disney Movie Rewards, order the videos, check all the boxes etc, but they seemed to have dried up for me. I still get the occasional Disney Visa offer, but nothing on the Pin Code front. I have heard people say that you should call Disney to see if there are any Pin Codes attached to your name, that people call and find out there is one, but for some reason never received notification of it. Probably a long shot, but it has been known to work.

I get them quite often, even when I already have a trip booked (sometime for the dates I have booked, sometimes not). It really does seem to be totally random!

I've never had a PIN code sent to me. My husband has had a few. We used one last year on a spur of the moment trip. That was wonderful! Haven't seen one since last year. Not going until next August so hoping to get one for next summer. That 30% really makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!