Strawberry jars?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I will be planting my first ever strawberry jar today. Does anyone have experience?

The following step-by-step will demonstrate how to plant an herb garden strawberry jar, but the basic procedure can be used no matter what you're planting.

Here's what you'll need:

· Strawberry Pot

· Potting Mix

· Plants

· Timed Release Fertilizer

· Wheelbarrow(optional)

· PVC Pipe & Hand Drill (optional)

There are many styles of strawberry pots and, thankfully, some wonderful new lightweight materials. Some traditional terra cotta pots have a lip under each potting hole, which helps greatly in keeping the soil in the pot, as the plants become established. However, the lip also makes planting more difficult. It's a nice look, but it's not necessary, and any strawberry pot that strikes your fancy will work just fine.

To minimize the messiness of planting, it helps to put these containers together in a wheelbarrow. Strawberry pots can be messy to fill, since there are so many openings on the sides for the soil to pour out of. Working in a wheelbarrow prevents from wasting soil. It also makes it easier to turn the pot around, and you need to do less bending.

A word about plants for a strawberry pot, start small. You are going to have to get them through those little planting holes. They can go through by the root end or the foliage end, but either way, the smaller the plant, the less damage to it.

Use a well-draining potting mix, suited to your plants. A lightweight mix will make your pot easier to lift and move, and a well-drained mix will help distribute water throughout the pot.

Strawberry pots make wonderful container gardens.

Nice, but birds mostly ate the strawberries...we had some. We will try again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!