Strict on Checkout time?

Bayoumama

Mouseketeer
I just noticed on my checkout day I made a TE reservation for 11:00 am, which is checkout time. I made it so late so I can hit a park at rope drop before leaving. I would like to leave the camper in the site, eat at 11 am then leave after which would have us leaving about 1 PM. How strict is FW about checkout time?

Your best bet is probably to check at the front desk and ask when you arrive. We ran into a similar problem this summer. Last minute changes had us travelling with our dog - never crossed our minds that, with the dog, leaving the camper parked in the overflow lot while doing final morning/early afternoon rides wouldn't work as we had planned. It was the day before we were leaving that it dawned on me. I went up to the Outpost, explained the situation, and in all of 30 seconds he checked things over and told me we could stay the extra few hours we needed on check-out day.

Well, just to play devil's advocate, How would you like to wait getting in to your site later to start your vacation ?? Someone is waiting on you to leave and the site to be cleaned. We left our site on our last day, left the trailer in the overflow lot and went to the park for rope drop. We left the overflow lot about 3pm to head home.

We "checked-in" at 7:30AM, yes early but that is just our time frame, and was told site was not cleared so we had to wait. At that time, years ago, we had requested the site and with connections was guaranteed the site so I parked and we hung out after a quick bike ride around the Fort and also to check on the site to see if the site might have been clear and the CM hadn't reported back yet. People were breaking camp with things looking good so that we might possibly get in by 10:00AM. No call back by 1:00PM so I bicycled to the site AND THEY WERE STILL THERE. Not cool.

Out by 11:00AM unless extra time is granted

Your best bet is probably to check at the front desk and ask when you arrive. We ran into a similar problem this summer. Last minute changes had us travelling with our dog - never crossed our minds that, with the dog, leaving the camper parked in the overflow lot while doing final morning/early afternoon rides wouldn't work as we had planned. It was the day before we were leaving that it dawned on me. I went up to the Outpost, explained the situation, and in all of 30 seconds he checked things over and told me we could stay the extra few hours we needed on check-out day.

I know right....sometimes I'm so all over the place that the logistics of my plans dont work out like it is in my head....lol

How strict is FW about checkout time?

1) You need specific permission from the Front Desk to stay past your hotel room, cabin, or campsite check-out time.
2) The next camper can check-in and go to the site at 11:)0am.
3) So, staying longer can inconvenience the next guest, just so you can have lunch.
4) Plus, without advance permission, WDW can charge you extra for staying past check-out time.
. . . 1100-hrs to 1300-hrs, up to 30% of the daily rack-rate fee *
. . . 1300-hrs to 1600-hrs, up to 50% of the daily rack rate fee *
. . . 1600-hrs or more, up to 100% of the daily rack rate fee *

* Rack Rate = non-discounted rate for a hotel room, cabin, or camp site.

Just remember if it's hot outside and you park in the overflow, you may need to leave your generator running (if you have one) so you can keep your a/c on for your dog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!