"Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." - April Dark Side Weekend 2018 - 5/15 Boma

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Last edited:
Introductions

Time for us to go run again at Walt Disney World! If you can’t tell from my user name. Star Wars is a major part of our lives. It got us to run our first half marathon and addicted to RunDisney. This next trip is a RunDisney trip. Don’t worry - I have a non RunDisney trip coming up in September with my mother. And this whole running thing doesn’t slow down my eating or drink too much.

Cast of Characters

wxOsrpE.jpg

MslgyQ1.png
DJkjL4Q.jpg

Dis_Yoda - 31 Year Old Aerospace Engineer

I grew up going to Disney since I was little as a native Floridian. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve been there but I can tell you it's at least over 200. I used to run half marathons at Disney but I decided against running anymore until Star Wars - Light Side returns at Disneyland. My RunDisney experience will be limited to 10Ks now.

GA4dOeZ.jpg
V4qB7vV.jpg

Mr. Dis_Yoda - 34 Year Old Retail Manager

His first trip to WDW was in 2007. Since then he’s been a ton of times and has grown to love it as much as me. He’s the real runner of the two of us and he will be completing his third Dark Side Weekend Challenge along with the Kessel Run Challenge (he did the virtual race this year)​

Very fun! Looking forward to the reviews. I'll be there with my family, too--right next door to you at Kidani. DD18 and I are doing the half; DH and DS21 (special needs) are doing the 5k. I love your optimism about DLR races. I hope they come back! I just started Disney Half Marathons in 2017 with the Light Side. This will be my sixth since then, but I"m really hoping they come back to my "home" park. Hope to bump into you this time. I think we overlapped last year, too.

Following. My son is also a big Star Wars fan, so I have learned more than I ever imagined from him. Excited to hear about your upcoming trip.

Look forward to your report! We'll be there April 18-26th, doing a split between Boulder Creek & Boardwalk Villas, and my husband is running his second 1/2 at WDW!

Following along. Looking forward to reading about your adventures !

I’m joining in! Maybe I will see you around...we get there Saturday the 21st and are staying at Kidani!

Very fun! Looking forward to the reviews. I'll be there with my family, too--right next door to you at Kidani. DD18 and I are doing the half; DH and DS21 (special needs) are doing the 5k. I love your optimism about DLR races. I hope they come back! I just started Disney Half Marathons in 2017 with the Light Side. This will be my sixth since then, but I"m really hoping they come back to my "home" park. Hope to bump into you this time. I think we overlapped last year, too.

If you see us, say hello!

Well, if they never come back, I'm never running a half marathon again! So that could be a win for me. You have become very addicted to RunDisney since Light Side 2017. I remember when you were so new to it! Kidani is nice as well! We've stayed there before on a race weekend.

Signing on and ready for your next adventure! Excited to hear your plans.

Yay! Thanks :) You always join in and I love having regulars :).

Following. My son is also a big Star Wars fan, so I have learned more than I ever imagined from him. Excited to hear about your upcoming trip.

Glad you are learning all about Star Wars from your son! I tutor math a couple times a week and it's always fun to hear the children talk about Star Wars (they call me the Star Wars lady as I still carry the inaugural Dark Side Purse.

Great start. Following.

Thanks for joining in!

Here! Wouldn't miss it and glad I found you early :-)

Yay! You have so much going on that I wouldn't have faulted you for missing it. Have fun on your party weekend and enjoy your wedding!

I’m here :yay:

Welcome!!!!:goodvibes

Following!

:cheer2:

Look forward to your report! We'll be there April 18-26th, doing a split between Boulder Creek & Boardwalk Villas, and my husband is running his second 1/2 at WDW!

That's a nice long trip! I'm jealous! I don't get a long trip until November when we go from the 1st to 11th (Split between AKV and Boardwalk). That's awesome your husband is going to run his 2nd half at Dark Side! Hopefully he decides to do way more!

Following along. Looking forward to reading about your adventures !

Thank you!

I’m in! We will just miss you, we arrive 4/24.

Aww! Enjoy your trip! This one just has to be a short one as this was the year of other money spending adventures (like our new puppy, new furniture, clearing out some of our yard)

I’m joining in! Maybe I will see you around...we get there Saturday the 21st and are staying at Kidani!

Yay! Well, depending on where you are at Saturday/Sunday, maybe we will run into each other! We'll be wearing our Star Wars shirts!

Current Plans

April 19th
Park: None
Activity: Dark Side Expo
Dinner: Enzo’s Hideaway (All the drinks!)

April 20th
Park: EPCOT
Lunch: Flower & Garden Festival
Dinner: Paddlefish

April 21st
Race: Dark Side 10K (Mr. Dis_Yoda and Dis_Yoda)
Park: Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Unknown
Possibility: 2PM Happy Hour at Hurricane Hannah’s RunDisney Meet
Dinner: Yachtsman

April 22nd
Race: Dark Side Half (Mr. Dis_Yoda)
Lunch: Sanaa​

Introducing Gantu

So totally not a food related post but it is a Disney related post! If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen these. On March 26th, we added to our family. We have a theme of naming our dogs after Disney Villains, so we kept with the theme for his name as well! This is very appropriate since he's very much like a shark with his bites (he is only 9.5 weeks old - I know it will get better).

jjyqevf.jpg

1st Night Home

f6O07XY.jpg

1st Vet Visit (Not Fully Vaccinated Yet So Avoiding Floors in Public)

zf8lqtA.jpg

Learning To Jump

25hIosR.jpg

Already a Food Hound

lw78MKS.jpg

1st Liquor Store Visit

OAWAapJ.jpg

Finally Caught 626!

7oAnvfY.jpg

Cuddle Mode​

I'm not sure Gantu could be any cuter if he tried. What an adorable puppy! Plans for race weekend look good. I still have yet to try Sanaa - really need to fix that.

If you see us, say hello!

Well, if they never come back, I'm never running a half marathon again! So that could be a win for me. You have become very addicted to RunDisney since Light Side 2017. I remember when you were so new to it! Kidani is nice as well! We've stayed there before on a race weekend.

I definitely will!

LOL on never doing a half marathon again for you if they don't come back. Too funny! I have definitely gotten the bug. I hope to be able to maintain it. Love Kidani. With the four of us in a 1 bedroom the 2 bathrooms are a huge factor.

And OMG on Gantu!!!! What a cutie. Good luck with any tough love re the biting :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!