Stuff you're embarrassed to admit you're afraid of.

I had a lifetime fear of getting lost/separated from my family. I have a terrible sense of direction and can get turned around very easily. With the advent of cellular technology, a great deal of this fear has dissipated. It's kinda hard to get lost when you have a phone and Siri. Now I just have to pay attention to where I park in a large parking lot.

I'm not embarrassed to admit I'm terrified of cockroaches. However, I react to seeing them by jumping, screaming, and crying which is pretty sad. Had I known they loved to just crawl over your house in Florida like a lizard, I NEVER would have moved here.

Mice, eeeeh shudder or rats. But I also do not like being somewhere I cannot readily leave like elevators, airplanes, etc. I do them but if I were trapped on one would probably freak. Once I was on a bridge in bad traffic with a large construction equipment blocking the road and looming overhead and I was stuck and I couldn't leave the car readily being on a bridge, and started to break out in a sweat. I let out a scream and felt immediately better lol.

Geese. Bone chilling terror grips me whenever one is near. Was attacked by our pet goose when I was about three. Apparently it left an impression.

Absolutely love ducks, though.

Monkeys, gorillas! I have been scared of them ever since I watched The Wizard of Oz when a kid; those evil flying moneys terrified me.
I hate to admit, but I am scared of the storm troopers in HS. If I see them marching by, I hide behind others or go into a store! They freak me out!

Heights and elevators. Idk why I ever thought Tower of Terror would be a good idea. I’ve been on it a couple times and I’m always crying as I walk off the ride. How embarrassing! 🤣

I'm impressed that you even tried it. I can't even watch someone fall out of a building, bungee jump or sky dive on TV.

Geese. Bone chilling terror grips me whenever one is near. Was attacked by our pet goose when I was about three. Apparently it left an impression.

Absolutely love ducks, though.

A friend of mine said that one of her scariest adult experiences was being chased by a territorial goose.

We recently moved into a home that has a lot of snakes in the backyard. I've already seen 3 in the pool since we moved in just before Halloween. I'm dreading the day DS13 leaves home because our designated snake, lizard and insect catcher will be gone. Neither my DH, DS9, or I are willing to get near reptiles. DS13 though loves them and has been begging for a snake.

I'm terrified of whales. Had a really bad SeaWorld experience in the 80s. I get this lump in my throat when I see them and just freak out. Pacific Life commercials make it really hard for me to watch TV sometimes and when I went on a cruise I had a conversation with the Captain about the whale-infested waters. He thought I was out of my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts