Stupid Question...FL Resident?

sconnell

DIS Veteran
I was reading the AllEars newsletter and noticed the FL resident ticket to TL for $59 for admission after 2pm. So, I'm thinking, if you are buying real estate in FL if you have DVC, shouldn't you be able to get FL resident discounts? ;)

Since they require your ID (driver's license) show a Florida address you do not meet the criteria for FL resident. It is not a FL property owner's discount. Many feel as you do that Disney should give the same discounts to those who buy into DVC as those who are "really" residents. I am just happy to get the AP discount which is actually better than the one offered to FL residents.

I am just happy to get the AP discount which is actually better than the one offered to FL residents.

It's $5.00 cheaper. I'd venture to say that most Florida residents purchase the seasonal pass for $223 dollars and that isn't available to DVC members.

Remember, Disney is never, never going to let DVC-members obtain "resident" status. Doing so would make them residents of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista, Florida - giving them the right to vote in those municipalities, as well as for RCID.

Remember, Disney is never, never going to let DVC-members obtain "resident" status. Doing so would make them residents of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista, Florida - giving them the right to vote in those municipalities, as well as for RCID.

What is RCID?:confused3

RCID = Reedy Creek Improvement District...the governmental and public services arm of Disney. The handle building codes/inspections, fire/emergency services, etc.

Off-topic follow-up: are there any residents of Bay Lake and/or Lake Buena Vista (or have there been since the creation of RCID)?

Off-topic follow-up: are there any residents of Bay Lake and/or Lake Buena Vista (or have there been since the creation of RCID)?
About 20 or so people live in each. They are all very trusted long-time Disney employees (and their families).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter