Substituting for drink on DDP

jolynne28

Mouseketeer
I almost exclusively drink water with meals, not into fountain drinks and don't drink coffee or tea. I think I read somewhere that they are no longer letting you substitute a snack or dessert for the drink in your meal in 2017. Does anyone have experience with this? If they won't let you substitute any type of food, is my only option bottled water? Thanks!

I almost exclusively drink water with meals, not into fountain drinks and don't drink coffee or tea. I think I read somewhere that they are no longer letting you substitute a snack or dessert for the drink in your meal in 2017. Does anyone have experience with this? If they won't let you substitute any type of food, is my only option bottled water? Thanks!

At a TS meal, there is no substitution, but they may be able to get you a bottled water or juice.

At QS meals, you'll have to ask. The reports have been varied. If there is a snack option you'd like to have, ask if you can have that instead of your drink. You never know what they'll do. Otherwise, your only option will be bottled water or juice.

Now, if you're going in 2018, your drink options will include an alcoholic beverage if you'd like that instead, but no detailed information on which alcoholic drinks they will include.

No problems at Pepper Market for substituting. Haven't tried anywhere else yet.

Most of the reports have the QS restaurants at the resorts allowing a snack item for substitution, while there is no substitution in the parks or Disney springs.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was afraid of that, it was something I randomly came across during one of my many web searches for our trip. Then I couldn't find it again. I'll just hoard bottled water : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter