Success on our Split Stay Booking at 7 months!

peabody58

I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!
Nail biting is over!! Finalized our Sept '13 9 night Split Stay booking today with MS.

Before the details - there is now a BLT Standard Studio open 9/9 - 9/17.

So for the end of our PAP Year, we wanted to try a different resort, but couldn't swing the points for a 1 BR for 9 nights. We've really come to enjoy the 1 BR even though it is only the 2 of us at times. So I proposed a split stay with a studio to start followed by a 1 BR. She warmed to the idea quickly, so for the past 4 months we have been waiting for the 7 month window to open. We were pretty confident we would get what we wanted since it is mid-Sept.

First 4 nights: AK Kidani Standard Studio. We could have snagged a Value Studio, but we wanted Kidani.

Last 5 nights: BCV 1 BR. We'll be able to relax in luxury, do our laundry, enjoy SAB, Jelly Rolls, the Boardwalk, and quick access to EPCOT. Last time we were at BC was in 1999 with our 2 daughters - 11 night trip. Last night of that trip was spent at the Adventures Club from door opening till closing. Great memories.

I opted to buy 24 one-time use points to help pad our future 2014/2015 trip planning. If this split stay Studio/1 BR works out well, we'll be doing more of this kind of planning in the future and enjoy more of the many resorts available.

It is so nice to have so many WDW DVC planning options. :teacher:

Sounds great! I wish we could do longer trips so we could do split stays (and we might get the DP for one part of the split if we did that). Congrats and happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter