Success with runDisney Guest Experience Services?

Beeble

Earning My Ears
At the Marathon Weekend, my wife ended up with a stress fracture after the Half. She's healing and will be okay, but we are already signed up for the Star Wars Half and the doctor doesn't even want her walking that far. I was hoping that runDisney would let my daughter take over her registration or let her defer her registration to another event, but I've just gotten form letters and stonewalling in response so far. Has anyone had success at getting runDisney to provide exceptions? If anyone there would think about it, it's in their best interest to help us because it would create goodwill for no cost (letting us just change the person on the registration) or added income (having us guaranteed to come to another race). Surely, a supervisor would quickly come to that realization, but I can't get past the first line because they will only communicate through email about this. I would love any advice that you could give! Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don’t think you will have any luck with an exception. Running injuries are too common of a reason for a DNS. I’ve only heard of exceptions being made for medical emergencies or major health developments (like a cancer diagnosis.)

At the Marathon Weekend, my wife ended up with a stress fracture after the Half. She's healing and will be okay, but we are already signed up for the Star Wars Half and the doctor doesn't even want her walking that far. I was hoping that runDisney would let my daughter take over her registration or let her defer her registration to another event, but I've just gotten form letters and stonewalling in response so far. Has anyone had success at getting runDisney to provide exceptions? If anyone there would think about it, it's in their best interest to help us because it would create goodwill for no cost (letting us just change the person on the registration) or added income (having us guaranteed to come to another race). Surely, a supervisor would quickly come to that realization, but I can't get past the first line because they will only communicate through email about this. I would love any advice that you could give! Thanks!

The best I’ve ever heard of them doing is issuing a full or partial refund in the form of a Disney gift card. Transfers and deferrals are never allowed these days. It seems to depend heavily on who answers your query.

It’s probably not in their best interest to make an exception to their long-standing race policies which your wife and every other entrant agreed to when registering. For one, as @StacyStrong said, running injuries are very common. Making exceptions for routine running injuries would open up a flood of requests for a similar exception. Two, asking people who register for their races to live by their registration policies is good business sense. Everyone gets treated equally and fairly, and if they do decide to be flexible and hand out a partial refund on a gift card for a true medical emergency, they get all the goodwill they need.

My wife broke both ankles last year training for WDW 1/2.
I was able to receive a refund on E-Gift Card for her entry but not for race retreat and some fees.
It took a few emails but they eventually came through. I wasn't expecting anything and explained how we'd certainly be using any reimbursement for a race when she was healed.

I will just note that I’ve had bad luck with runDisney email support responses. Both times I’ve asked a simple/legitimate question via email, I’ve received a seemingly pre-scripted response that doesn’t actually answer my question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter