Suggestions for birthday trip?

smplyswt0712

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

I've read a TON on the forum about the ins and outs of all of the DVC properties and I've seen quite a few of them in person, so I guess I'm looking more for some insider secrets rather than basic info...

I'm planning on celebrating my birthday at WDW end of June/early July along with my (also disney-obsessed) bf. I'm hoping to stay in a studio, but other than that, I'm at a loss for where I should choose.

Here's a few of the things I'm looking for:

*Somewhere that is more on the relaxing/quiet/slow side. I'm not really worried about being close to the parks, because we're kinda local and passholders, so visiting the parks isn't a huge priority. There is a chance we might not go to the parks at all while we're there and will just chill at the resort.

*Somewhere that has some interesting exploring to do. We're both Disney nerds and have been a million times. I don't think either of us have stayed at any of the DVC properties, so we'll want to literally wander around and just look at stuff. The more wandering the better. We once spent almost an entire day just walking around Coronado Springs and looking at things.

*The cost isn't super important, but unless it can be really justified, I'm thinking GF and BLT are probably outside of the price range we're looking at. If you have some compelling reason why GF is the absolute best choice, I'd probably consider it, though.

I think that covers the main things. I appreciate any/all opinions you can share!

Thanks!

**Edit: This is kind of a milestone birthday trip for me, so if any of the resorts have any special/unique things that would make the trip special, I'd love to hear about them, too.

Sounds like AKV is a great choice for you. Lots to see, totally unique and great dining there.

I agree, AKV would be a great option. Boardwalk would also be on my list of choices.

Make sure you have them note it on the reservation. They hand delivered a birthday card and balloon for my 2yo's birthday on the day of check in at BWV. Too bad she was napping at the time, but I thought it was a nice touch.

I think that the Wilderness Lodge would be a great choice.

It is so quiet and secluded it's hard to believe it is a 5 minute bus ride to MK.

The resort is completely self contained and you would never need to leave if you didn't want to! 2 great table service restaurants that happen to be my favorites, one quiet and dressy and one that's just a lot of fun, and a great QS. The pool is terrific and the grounds are gorgeous. You also have access to the boats you can rent and take your own tour of Bay Lake and 7 Seas. There is the water parade that comes by every night. The Lodge is simply beautiful and there are guided tours you can take. You could easily spend just an afternoon exploring the lobby! There are some really neat things about the DVC building, too.

You can easily hop a boat to Fort Wilderness and there are so many fun and different things to do there - horse back riding, Chip & Dale Campfire, Hoop Dee Do, Mickey's BBQ not to mention just exploring.

You are also a short boat trip away from the Contemporary.

Hope you have a great bday trip! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter