suggestions for gulf stay near the beach?

jolinegkg

Earning My Ears
We are driving to DW from NM and plan to take a slow trip both there and back. We're looking for a place to stay along the gulf, preferably one that would not take us further down the coast than tampa. Say something across and up from orlando? :cool:

We stayed in St. Petersburg last trip for 2 nites - it was really a nice area, but we drove through Clearwater beforehand, and it just seemed much prettier to me. So I would choose Clearwater area next time......have fun!

We've been to Clearwater a couple times also. I think last time (5-6 years ago) we stayed at the Adam Mark (something like that). It was on the beach, with a nice restaurant and small pool. Not too fancy, but nice.

TTFN
Cameo

We went to Disney in Feb and then stayed for 7 days at Anna Maria Island on the beach. It is a beautiful island that is next to Longboat Key and Sarasota. A little south of Tampa, about 15 minutes south of Clearwater. There is an Econo Lodge on the beach, as well as some small inns in the area. I would recommend it....and we stayed with two small children (4 months and 2 years). Fairly inexpensive and very relaxed atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter