Suggestions for tent camping with kids in PA?

QueenGoblin

Mouseketeer
We are going to be tent camping in FW this Oct/Nov with our two kids (5 and almost 2). I did quite a bit of tent camping as a kid, but my kids (and DH) are newbies.

I'm looking for a nice place to go for a long weekend in the late summer/early fall that will give us a taste of what it will be like at Fort Wilderness so we are more prepared for the longer trip.

We are in Berks County which is near the Lehigh Valley and about an hour north of Philadelphia. I'd like to keep it within a half day drive of here. Since the kids are young, we'd need more of a resort type area. Some places that have been suggested are the campsites at Knobles or Hershey, so any input anyone might have about those would be great. But it doesn't have to be near an amusement park.

Thanks!

go to Ft Wilderness guy's ranch and camp there.

Maybe I should leave the kids to camp at Fort Wilderness Guy's ranch and DH and I can have a lovely weekend in the Poconos? :goodvibes

you can stay at the hotel that has the big champagne glass.

Dh and I almost went there....but ended up in Watkins Glen eating hot wings and drinking beer! :lmao:

Hot wings and beer will ALWAYS win over caviar and champagne in my redneck area of the woods!!!

When DH's cousin was married, they served caviar on the buffet at the reception. Rick's Nannie was not paying any attention to what she was puttin' on the Ritz and loaded up on the caviar. She took one bite,,,,, stopped talking, got this deer in the headlights look, kind of slackened her jaw so all the caviar fell out, and said (in her outdoor voice) "Oh S$%T, FISH!" The groom's mother just about passed out!! O how I loved Nannie!!

I live in Bucks County and we camp often around the state. If you are looking for a resort type place, try Warwick Woods in the Reading area. It is a very nice campground and they have a beautiful pool and deck and lots of stuff for the kids. My favorite place to camp is Beaver Valley Family Campground in Ottsville. It is just off 611 in Upper Bucks. It isnt necessarily a resort type place, but it is close to a lot of things such as Bucks County River Country, Dorney Park, about an hour from Sesame Place. The campground is clean, well maintained and family oriented. It is quiet as well. They do not put up with any riff raff so you dont have to worry so much about loud neighbors. They have a nice pool and the sites are in the woods and large. http://www.campbeavervalley.com/Beaver_Valley/Welcome_to_Beaver_Valley_Campground.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter