Suicide (shooting) @ Universal Today

iKristin

88 MPH
This is very sad, but someone brought a gun into the park and killed themselves with it today. Last I heard, part of the park was shut down. Not sure if they plan on shutting the rest of it down and what security will be like following this.

Exactly. It's like, you want to kill yourself? Fine. But don't do it in a public place in front of tons of children

Suicide is the end result of lots of wrongs in a persons life.. but it is also the ultimate in selfishness... for your own family and friends and for the people who witness it and then the people who have to clean up after your act...
at lest have some regard the public and do it at home....

Apparently his ex girlfriend works at Mels diner, who already had two restraining orders on him so thats why he did it in the park.

But still, I hate the thought of how many slightly mentally unstable people there might be at any one time in a theme park with guns. Its crazy that they search your bags for things like alcohol or professional cameras, but if you have a gun concealed on you thats not worth checking for.

Permanent solution to a temporary problem. Weak minded fool.

If they end up installing metal detectors, hopefully they'll dress them up and they wont stick out like sore thumbs. That would kinda ruin the look of that part of Citywalk.

News reports say the man who killed himself was the ex-boyfriend of a woman who worked in the park. She had a restraining order against him and apparently he recently violated it by coming to the parking area at Universal and vandalizing her car. He entered the park today and was sighted by the ex-girlfriend, who immediately contacted park security. An Orange County deputy arrived and found the man in a smoking area behind the Despicable Me attraction. When the deputy approached, the man took out a gun and put the barrel in his mouth. There was apparently around 30 seconds of back and forth between him and the deputy, who was trying to talk him into dropping the gun. The man then pulled the trigger.

Reports say there were four park guests in the area when that happened who witnessed the suicide.

The park remained open afterwards.

2745CD6A00000578-3025129-image-m-38_1428112272646.jpg

It does not say much for universals security he just walked in with a gun???? Now what universal are you going to start checking people

Suicide is the end result of lots of wrongs in a persons life.. but it is also the ultimate in selfishness... for your own family and friends and for the people who witness it and then the people who have to clean up after your act...
at lest have some regard the public and do it at home....
Yes this was selfish of him. But lets just say that if he did this he probably wasn't in the right state of mind. Anyone that commits suicide isn't thinking clearly and is beyond reason or hope.

I'm sure it's those apparently random "recommendations" at the bottom of the screen that are contributing to the increase in Zombies. I don't know how many times something has caught my interest down there only to realize that it is a 2 year old topic.

I'm sure it's those apparently random "recommendations" at the bottom of the screen that are contributing to the increase in Zombies. I don't know how many times something has caught my interest down there only to realize that it is a 2 year old topic.

Sure. However, looking at this thread, it was the Los Angeles County Sheriff that responded.

I 2nd that. I've also done that too many times to count and this just made me gasp. Although the fact that this happened last year doesn't make it any better.

So, do they not have metal detectors and bag checks anymore? When I was there in March security was checking everyone. Sad for everyone involved. I worked there briefly and I am sure the poor girl who works at Mel's is beside herself.

Edited to say...oops. I didn't see that this was a year ago. Why is the thread still active?

Seriously. I did not need to be reminded of this old terrible news, interrupting my vacation escapism. Not happy with this right now.

At least he wasn't one of those people that felt like he had to shoot down others first before taking his own life. It was tragic enough that he felt like he had to take his own life.

And do note that we do not have a forum for US California where the story took place

Our forums in this side of the disboards deals with the parks in Florida
It pains me to bump this thread but isn't THIS thread in the "Southern California Theme Parks" forum? It's where I'm seeing it. Doesn't this side of the DISboards deal with the parks in Southern California?

its moved there
Zombie threads ugh

What I read was not posted in this thread

A poster edited the original statement which was a different subject

What I read in here was different

Guess I was replying to the first posting
Sorry for the confusion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter