Sum of All Thrills?

Well, considering Colortopia is currently the only attraction open and you can only get into the building from the doors in the breezeway and not the ones by Spaceship Earth, it doesn't get a lot of foot traffic.

I never realized the building was open either. I'm trying to imagine where that is but I'm failing.

I never realized the building was open either. I'm trying to imagine where that is but I'm failing.

As you walk into the park past Spaceship Earth, it's on the left, closer to the entrance. It's got the Electric Umbrella attached to it. There was a sign for Colortopia outside at least one of the entrances last month. Pretty dead otherwise.

As you walk into the park past Spaceship Earth, it's on the left, closer to the entrance. It's got the Electric Umbrella attached to it. There was a sign for Colortopia outside at least one of the entrances last month. Pretty dead otherwise.

Oh weird, I've never noticed that before. We usually head right to go toward the Land pavilion and work our way around counter clockwise.

Oh, I hope this is true! We rode in 2015, but my younger son was too short to ride and would LOVE this ride. I hope they re-open it!

In Adam Hattan's latest youtube vlog (this past Sunday) he noticed/remarked that the neon sign was turned on when he did a goodbye look at Epcot's closing attractions. He took a walk through Innoventions East, bypassed Colortopia, and remarked that Sum's light was turned on. I only picked up on it because of this thread.

Martin Smith over at WDWMagic has said that this was a legit internal proposal, but as of now, it is not happening. He said he couldn't go into details of what caused the cancellation.

Martin Smith over at WDWMagic has said that this was a legit internal proposal, but as of now, it is not happening. He said he couldn't go into details of what caused the cancellation.

I'll give you a hint:
one-hundred-100-dollar-bill.jpg

Probably however it's not exactly the most expensive thing to run and Epcot needs things to do.

It likely took around 8 cast members at a time to run the attraction (1 at queue entrance, 1 at pre-show entrance, 1 at the design tables, 2 on each of the 2 loading platforms, 1 floater).
Plus the maintenance cost. The robotic arms often seemed to have a maintenance worker tweaking them.
Plus they'd have to pay someone to edit the video and bleep out "Raytheon".
All for an attraction that had a throughput of around 16 people every 5 minutes. That would be a paltry 200 per hour tops.
Disney execs look at that and say "it isn't worth the cost".

Do I agree with them? Heck no. I loved Sum of All Thrills and it is the exactly the type of thing that made Epcot unique. It was something fun that also had you creating and learning at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!