Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

I have .05% hope left for my 6/20-6/27 trip. Otherwise we’ll hope for July.

I've been remaining hopeful but I feel like it's getting to be 50/50 if we go or not. Deal breakers for us will be the pools, how safe we feel going somewhere so far away, and what other restrictions will be in place. I've settled on a June 2021 date to postpone to and made a no risk reservation at a hotel in Hershey for an alternative trip in August.

Today would have been my first Magic Kingdom Day for my May Trip. I was planning on doing the Early Morning Magic thing, but obviously that didn't happen. Ah well.

Right now I'm looking at either late July or early August. The Week of July 20th would be great with my work, but I may be able to move some things around so I can go on my birthday during the first week of August. I'm looking at either Saratoga Springs or Old Key West and driving the 950 miles as opposed to flying. Honestly, I'm still not sure what I want do. I already have a trip scheduled for September 20th-25th at Riviera.

It's been a few days, how is everyone doing? Hanging in for your trips?
I still have our June 9th check in at least for another day or two lol so now focusing on our July reservations. Still going if they're open! Excited that Disney Springs is reopening today :goodvibes

I have a June 22-29 trip planned and a backup 7/3-7/9. I'm 99 percent resigned to the fact that my June trip won't happen but I'm not canceling just yet because of that kernel of hope! Hopeful for July!

It's been a few days, how is everyone doing? Hanging in for your trips?
I still have our June 9th check in at least for another day or two lol so now focusing on our July reservations. Still going if they're open! Excited that Disney Springs is reopening today :goodvibes
I still have a June 7th check in booked, but also made a back up for July 17th....but honestly not holding out much hope for either one. I think we’ll be next year due to balancing school schedules for two different districts...😏☹️ It’s my nephew’s first trip, & I want him to get the full experience.

I still have a June 7th check in booked, but also made a back up for July 17th....but honestly not holding out much hope for either one. I think we’ll be next year due to balancing school schedules for two different districts...😏☹ It’s my nephew’s first trip, & I want him to get the full experience.
I hear you on wanting your nephew to get the full experience. We have a Sept. trip booked also and that's DGD2 and DDIL's first visit. We definitely want her to be able to meet face characters and do character dining, so once we see what's what with them opening and cutting, we'll have to talk with our son and DIL and see if they want to postpone. I'll be disappointed as I'm SUPER looking forward to taking her but I want it to be awesome. If they do decide to postpone DH and I will go by ourselves in Sept. though :)

I'm excited to see Disney springs news today! We are planned for July 12th-- still hoping to go! Also have a back up in October !
We are traveling to the Florida Keys- long car ride from SC but we are road tripping due to travel restrictions at the time we booked.

Today would have been my first Magic Kingdom Day for my May Trip. I was planning on doing the Early Morning Magic thing, but obviously that didn't happen. Ah well.

Right now I'm looking at either late July or early August. The Week of July 20th would be great with my work, but I may be able to move some things around so I can go on my birthday during the first week of August. I'm looking at either Saratoga Springs or Old Key West and driving the 950 miles as opposed to flying. Honestly, I'm still not sure what I want do. I already have a trip scheduled for September 20th-25th at Riviera.
I'm so sorry. We had early morning magic planned as well in June that we moved to a July trip. The early morning magic is amazing on normal park days. Not sure, if they will be available or even necessary for the lower park capacity once Disney reopens?

I'm so sorry. We had early morning magic planned as well in June that we moved to a July trip. The early morning magic is amazing on normal park days. Not sure, if they will be available or even necessary for the lower park capacity once Disney reopens?
I was also interested in EMM because my son is up early and takes a long nap around 10. It would make more sense for us to do EMM and be at the parks early before his mid-morning nap. I'm also waiting to see if this will still be offered and if it will be worth it if the parks are at lower capacity. We are doing two MK days so if the parks are at a low enough capacity that we can do everything we'd like we might skip it anyways. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I was also interested in EMM because my son is up early and takes a long nap around 10. It would make more sense for us to do EMM and be at the parks early before his mid-morning nap. I'm also waiting to see if this will still be offered and if it will be worth it if the parks are at lower capacity. We are doing two MK days so if the parks are at a low enough capacity that we can do everything we'd like we might skip it anyways. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Same here:) we booked it for July 21st, now we wait 🙏🌈

Well since I last posted, our June 9th trip has bit the dust. We were expecting it but it still stinks and I'm REALLY hoping our July 3rd trip sticks, especially as we're trying the BW club level for the first time and added another 2 nights on! But for our June dates, since Disney cancelled us the same day it was announced that Universal was trying to open June 5th (and now is) we are now booked at Royal Pacific for most of our June dates with a back up at the Wyndham LBV if for some reason they do not open their resorts. I'm not a huge Uni fan and of course would prefer Disney but my boys love Uni, while DH and I have stayed at a few Uni resorts the boys have not, and we all just want to go away!!

Any other people from NY, NJ, CT or LA are you still going to go if your expected to quarantine for 14 days?

Has anyone heard if and when this will be lifted??

Last edited:
Any other people from NY, NJ, CT or LA are you still going to go if your expected to quarantine for 14 days?

From LA. Scheduled for Aug 1-8. Would definitely not go. Who knows what will be by then. I have a room reserved at POP but I’m not even going to buy tickets until it’s open and travel restrictions are lifted.

I hear different things but it seems right now it's through July 8th unless he lifts it? But you know we're heading down June 9th and flying from Newark. I will let you know what's what if you don't hear about it being lifted before then. I have no other info at all but I feel it'll be lifted when another theme park opens along with Universal, whether it's Disney or SeaWorld? Hopefully by the end of this week we know more about at least one of those parks. I also feel that he will lift it "all of a sudden" as in no notice, no move up date, it'll just be lifted. Again only my opinion :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!