Summer 2021 Disney Cruise Itineraries Discussion

akmac57

MapleMickeyEars
We did a 12 nt Med with Greece and Turkey in 2013. What a great cruise! So happy we went when we did. The price for a family of four was not cheap then, but it is very expensive now. Maybe in the future when it is just my husband and myself. Two is way cheaper than four.

I really want to do the 6/19 Med Greek Isles cruise, but will have to see the cost. We are a family of 5 so I'm sure it will be pricey. If we don't book the Greek Isles we'll probably do Australia, which crazy enough will most likely be cheaper 😲

I really want to do the 6/19 Med Greek Isles cruise, but will have to see the cost. We are a family of 5 so I'm sure it will be pricey. If we don't book the Greek Isles we'll probably do Australia, which crazy enough will most likely be cheaper 😲
We had the same situation last summer. I had been waiting for two years to do the 10 or 11 night Southern Caribbean. We were all set to book and then the prices were released. Ouch! We did the Western Europe cruise with a week before in Madrid and Barcelona, and 2 weeks after in London and Paris for about the same price as JUST the cruise.

I would LOVE to take a long greek cruise. We can swing the cost of the cruise, but goodness airfare. Just can't do it. We are looking at 9 night Caribbean and 9 night alaska for our family of four.

I would LOVE to take a long greek cruise. We can swing the cost of the cruise, but goodness airfare. Just can't do it. We are looking at 9 night Caribbean and 9 night alaska for our family of four.
Frequent flyer miles! We use a travel credit card for all of our purchases, and then use the miles to get us to and from the West Coast.

Droooooools, I'm really enjoying fantasizing about a greek isle cruise and am looking up port adventures from this summer... Of course, that'll all evaporate when I see the prices for our fam of 5. But a girl can dream :D

Looks like Disney is spamming Greece (haha) in 2021 - after the Baltics in 2020.

We have cruised to Greece previously but found both Mykonos and Athens underwhelming. (Santorini was great.) The real treat was the Adriatic Sea coast - the ports of Dubrovnik, Kotor, etc - and really, the sailout from Venice. Unfortunately, as before, Disney doesn't get its act together soon enough and has to make do with the larger industrial ports. All the good Norway ports seem to have also been snatched up.

On a more positive note, the 9-nighter in the Caribbeans is visiting St Lucia, and Magic is returning to Fredericia in Denmark. Check out the amazing farewell we were bid last summer in that town:

Droooooools, I'm really enjoying fantasizing about a greek isle cruise and am looking up port adventures from this summer... Of course, that'll all evaporate when I see the prices for our fam of 5. But a girl can dream :D
Same! I was checking out all the port adventures but would I really spend that crazy $$ on a cruise? Well, maybe...:rolleyes1

Same! I was checking out all the port adventures but would I really spend that crazy $$ on a cruise? Well, maybe...:rolleyes1
Looks like Disney is spamming Greece (haha) in 2021 - after the Baltics in 2020.

We have cruised to Greece previously but found both Mykonos and Athens underwhelming. (Santorini was great.) The real treat was the Adriatic Sea coast - the ports of Dubrovnik, Kotor, etc - and really, the sailout from Venice. Unfortunately, as before, Disney doesn't get its act together soon enough and has to make do with the larger industrial ports. All the good Norway ports seem to have also been snatched up.

On a more positive note, the 9-nighter in the Caribbeans is visiting St Lucia, and Magic is returning to Fredericia in Denmark. Check out the amazing farewell we were bid last summer in that town:

Thanks for your input! I would LOVE for the cruises to include Croatia and other Adriatic countries. We're considering a return trip to Italy and adding on Croatia for Spring Break 2020 (land trip).

I also wish there were more Baltic dates. I really want to visit Russia but only want to do so on a cruise so we don't have to bother with a Visa.

We're headed to Mykonos (& Santorini) this summer. I figured we'd do Fira & Oia on Santorini, but the tour to Delos while at Mykonos looks inviting. It seems, based on what you posted above, that Mykonos isn't super-amazing and we'd not miss much with the Delos & ruins tour. Your thoughts?

Can someone remind me when the booking window opens? We are silver - so what time on Thursday can I jump online to try my luck?

Can someone remind me when the booking window opens? We are silver - so what time on Thursday can I jump online to try my luck?
The website has prices available early. I've been up at 5 am to work out price comparisons prior to calling at 8 am. All times Eastern

Well - I think we may be trying Celebrity to Alaska in August 2021. Need to do a bit more research and I'm going to put a Cat V on hold just in case. We can get a Celebrity Suite for less than the V for a similar itinerary. After 20 DCL cruises (and 3 more booked), it's hard to make a change, but for Alaska and Europe, it may make sense.

I've been looking at Australia\New Zealand cruises recently. Ovation of the seas next March was around 3k for a verandah 9-night cruise. The prices are great. but 15 hours on a plane blah. I still think we might go for it.

Well - I think we may be trying Celebrity to Alaska in August 2021. Need to do a bit more research and I'm going to put a Cat V on hold just in case. We can get a Celebrity Suite for less than the V for a similar itinerary. After 20 DCL cruises (and 3 more booked), it's hard to make a change, but for Alaska and Europe, it may make sense.
We are doing something similar. We have the Emerald Princess booked for Alaska in May/June 2021. It's about a third to half of the price of DCL and it comes with the Drink Package, Wifi, and Gratuities for everyone in our cabin...

We're headed to Mykonos (& Santorini) this summer. I figured we'd do Fira & Oia on Santorini, but the tour to Delos while at Mykonos looks inviting. It seems, based on what you posted above, that Mykonos isn't super-amazing and we'd not miss much with the Delos & ruins tour. Your thoughts?
We did a day tour to Delos and Mykonos while we were staying on Naxos and we found Delos super interesting (I’ve studied a lot of Greek history though!) we just had a short amount of time in Mykonos and I thought that was plenty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter