Summer 2021 Disney Cruise Itineraries Discussion

I was daydreaming about the 11-night Iceland/Norway or the 9 night Alaska but at these prices it's a no go. Our safari in Africa will be cheaper! Holding out for the WBTA, maybe it will finally make interesting stops.

We're headed to Mykonos (& Santorini) this summer. I figured we'd do Fira & Oia on Santorini, but the tour to Delos while at Mykonos looks inviting. It seems, based on what you posted above, that Mykonos isn't super-amazing and we'd not miss much with the Delos & ruins tour. Your thoughts?
Really depends on how much your family is into archaeology. Are you guys already visiting Pompeii or the Acropolis on this trip? Remember this part of Aegean sea is dry and parched, and you will be without any shade in the sweltering summer heat. Take plenty of water, and - if you can - leave the kids on the ship!

Mykonos is known for its nightlife, which you won't see much of on a cruise stop. The white-washed town can be explored in an hour or two (to the windmills and back) and then you will wonder what now. We did a Greek cooking class after a self-guided walking tour. The class was loads of fun and really made our day - but we didn't find much to do in the town itself.

If you are exploring Santorini on your own, do it as follows. Once off the tenders, take a water taxi over to Oia first, explore the village, take your fashion shots, ride the bus over to Fira, explore Fira, and then finally take the cable car down. Santorini in the summer with several cruises in port will be swarming with visitors, and if you do it wrong, you will spend hours in lines.

And, oh, pack your whites and blues for this visit!

I really want to do the 6/19 Med Greek Isles cruise, but will have to see the cost. We are a family of 5 so I'm sure it will be pricey. If we don't book the Greek Isles we'll probably do Australia, which crazy enough will most likely be cheaper 😲
We are heading down south in December 2021 and sailing on board Celebrity Eclipse out of Sydney. The 13-night holiday cruise to Tasmania and New Zealand has come out to less than $12K (all in) for the five of us.

With that extra coin, you can swing all kinds of tours before the cruise - such as to Uluru, Queensland, GBR, and even Fiji.

Has anyone been on a Disney Cruise that went to the Greek Islands before?

Yes, we did in 2013. The main thing keeping us from booking another one is that the 2013 one was mid June and it was HOT. It was 42 degrees Celsius in Rome, Athens, Turkey and pretty close to that in Mykonos with high winds constantly. I really want to see Crete, Rhodes, Santorini, and and see Athens again but I'm not sure that the middle of summer is really when I want to be there.

We did a day tour to Delos and Mykonos while we were staying on Naxos and we found Delos super interesting (I’ve studied a lot of Greek history though!) we just had a short amount of time in Mykonos and I thought that was plenty

We also did the tour to Delos and we also found it very interesting. I've also studied Greek history so it was a bit of a highlight for me. We then just wandered around the town for about 30 minutes after we returned. But if we went back to Mykonos I might not bother getting off the ship. There's not much else to see, I'm not a beach person (and I didn't think much of the beaches), it's too hot, too windy, and there's little else to see and do. I might go down to the town, find a cafe and have a glass of ouzo but that's about it and I'm not sure it's worth the effort to get off just for that. But Delos was definitely worth the time IMO.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter