Summers in WDW

Naima1922

WDW=JOY! :-)
For those of us who are going to WDW during the summer because we are educators or travel with children and are restricted to the summer time, it is helpful to share your pre-trip tips that are SPECIFIC to summer travel! I'll be adding to this thread with my ideas and tips, and I would LOVE and look forward to suggestions from others!! :wizard:

About US:
I am an educator, so I usually scoop up my goddaughter and spend 3-4 days with The Mouse in June or July. She has a summer birthday, so we ALWAYS get a celebration pin! Sometimes, if hubs is able to get off work for long enough, he comes as well. This has evolved into an annual visit, although that wasn't my intention. LOL! Every year, I do a "Disney Reveal," but this is becoming more challenging as she grows older and more savvy.

ANY SUGGESTIONS for a reveal for SEASONED 10/11 year girl would be greatly appreciated! (She's gone every year since age 6.)

My trip details so far:
*Who: Me and my 10 year old goddaughter/niece (possibly hubs too... pending his work schedule)
*What: Celebrating her turning 11 + going to middle school; celebrating ME getting to see Mickey and the gang again! LOL!
*Where: Still trying to sort that out, but either All Star Movies or staying with family during a small reunion.
*When: Still sorting that out for this year, too. Probably JUNE. (Lot of moving parts with the family, lol.)
*How: We are in GA, so driving there is feasible. However, sometimes we choose to fly! I'll post more about this later.

Last edited:
Another educator here. I am planning a trip from Illinois, so a long two day trip. We will be staying at Pop Century for the first time. It looks like it will be just my kids and I since my hubby has to stay behind and work. My kids are 23 and 17, so we plan to spend most of our time in the parks and eating counter service meals. That works for us. I was able to get us the Free Dining discount which comes with park hoppers. Usually we just do one park a day and no hoppers but with Hollywood Studios they way it is this year, I like having the flexibility with the park hoppers.

We have family that lives in South Carolina that we will be visiting either on our way down or on our way home. We haven't figured that part out yet.

Another educator here. I am planning a trip from Illinois, so a long two day trip. We will be staying at Pop Century for the first time. It looks like it will be just my kids and I since my hubby has to stay behind and work. My kids are 23 and 17, so we plan to spend most of our time in the parks and eating counter service meals. That works for us. I was able to get us the Free Dining discount which comes with park hoppers. Usually we just do one park a day and no hoppers but with Hollywood Studios they way it is this year, I like having the flexibility with the park hoppers.

We have family that lives in South Carolina that we will be visiting either on our way down or on our way home. We haven't figured that part out yet.

FREE dining when you get a Park Hopper ticket? I need to research that!! We like to do Park Hopper when there are long waits for new rides. That way, you can "rope drop" the new ride and then HOP on over to another park where your fasts passes are.

I've never stayed at Pop Century before, but photos look awesome! Be sure to take advantage of the Disney Skyline while you're there! I heard they are much faster than the buses.

FREE dining when you get a Park Hopper ticket? I need to research that!! We like to do Park Hopper when there are long waits for new rides. That way, you can "rope drop" the new ride and then HOP on over to another park where your fasts passes are.
This offer is not available anymore. You needed to book the package by January 16th. I just have a feeling that with all that is going on right now, I am going to have to reschedule my trip and lose the great deal. Oh, well, it will be a big disappointment for me but nothing major in the grand scheme of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter